GTP WRS-Online : Special Event III - Spa Mixed Class Enduro - Mar 25

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 777 comments
Probably joining around 9:45pm PT, but not ready to qualify tonight, for sure.

Need all the time I can get to practice so I'll probably be qualifying on Sunday afternoon. Can't get a good set up going on the 908 without horrible tire wear so at least I'll have all of next week to work on that.

And Denilson, I got my GTP account good to go in just three hours using the log-in bonus and doing seasonals (this week's new Nurburgring 650pp 1 lap A-spec event is especially good, pretty much 1 million per race if you have the 200% bonus)
I used my Jaguar Group C car that came with the newest DLC to win the 650 pp races at first, easy money and xp.

I got my bonus up quickly by changing my timezone to one that's a day ahead, but 23:00 so that when it goes into the next day and you go back to the main menu, it gives you a higher bonus for logging in in consecutive "days", do it three more times and you'll be at 200% in no time.

Great job guys, this sounds absolutely amazing. I haven't been on GT5 much lately but I've started to get the itch again and this event is what it will take to get me back. I registered for the GT class and will determine color once I get the car up and running and see what looks good. I hope I can get some practice in tomorrow, will be traveling with my girls basketball team for Sectional Finals in Chippewa Falls Wisconsin (Bonus points if anyone knows offhand what beer comes from there).

Leinenkugels, and I didn't even google it, I promise. I've visited the brewery in that fine small town. Got some stories, but those aren't for public forums. :D

Welcome back, Scott! Last time I raced at Spa, you and I had a great battle (KazSpa). 👍

That is correct and some mighty fine beers they make, Honey Weiss being my favorite.

I remember that race and I still don't know how you missed Tim exiting Eau Rouge on the last lap. He was on skates as we came flying up the hill. It was some great driving/car control on your part.👍

mcfizzle
That is correct and some mighty fine beers they make, Honey Weiss being my favorite.

I remember that race and I still don't know how you missed Tim exiting Eau Rouge on the last lap. He was on skates as we came flying up the hill. It was some great driving/car control on your part.👍

Welcome back Scott.

Do you always have to remind me of that Spa debacle of mine? :lol: Worst last second decision ever not to pit. I actually started toward the pits and aborted it last minute. :dunce:

Aww, Tim, it didn't hurt much...you're still that "cool guy" at the top of the podium-count, right? :sly:

Awesome session tonight, running with Tim and Jon (JTV). We did a quali simulation run, and I did as well as can be expected, two 2'04.0xx's in a row, only 0.2 off my best lap. Tim was quite a bit faster. 👍 I'm using the Praiano tune linked in the OP, except for the tranny, which is a Marc-special 5 speed:

1 2501
2 1882
3 1506
4 1237
5 1043
6 0876
F 2204
Top speed 240mph

You can choose to shift to 6th on Kimmel, but don't really have to. Hope Marc doesn't mind me posting his awesome tranny. 👍

What conditions is qualifying run in? (Goes and looks at OP....)

I've done quite a few laps now in GT Mode -> Practice

Best lap without tyre or fuel depletion is 2:13.5, but I've only run 5 laps with this setting. Ran about 30 laps now with tyre and fuel depletion and 'real' grip reduction (None of which I've ever used, hence why I'm doing it) and my best is 2:16.0, which I'm actually fairly happy with - despite no frame of reference at all as to whether this is any good or not!

I've been using my own tune - I've tried the RKM Motorsports tune, but be warned - it eats tyres and in my hands it wasn't quick enough to warrant it, not with tyre/fuel wear anyway. Not sure if the fuel weight has any bearing on performance mind (Like I said, I am mostly a total n00b and know nothing)

Anyway. I'll update my registration with colour/number and I'm getting closer to being able to qualify and not be disgraceful in terms of pace :)

You should definitely be practicing online (in one of the 3D3 lounges). Practicing offline (in Practice mode) gives little to no indication if your actual pace and how well your tune is performing.

You should definitely be practicing online (in one of the 3D3 lounges). Practicing offline (in Practice mode) gives little to no indication if your actual pace and how well your tune is performing.

I've only just bought the car & got friend requests done with the 3D3 accounts, so my only option so far has been to use practice mode to learn the track and get some sense of tyre wear. When the opportunity comes I will make use of it though.

Sorry Tim, didn't mean to bring up painful memories.

One question, and I think I know the answer. We will be running on the standard version of the track not weather change version, right?

millross
I've been using my own tune - I've tried the RKM Motorsports tune, but be warned - it eats tyres and in my hands it wasn't quick enough to warrant :)

Try CSL's tune he posted above and quoted here. He's got 25/25 ride height I assume for good tire wear, but it's still fast.

CSLACR

Using offline to work with ghost is OK at first, but you want to shift to online pretty quick before really messing with tune. Grip reduction REAL and tire wear ON settings are key. You also have your own lounge for private use vs offline. Only downside to online free run is it won't break in the car. But it also won't use up oil once your at full hp. Also there are some online practice times posted above in thread from Pekka, etc.

mcfizzle
Sorry Tim, didn't mean to bring up painful memories.

One question, and I think I know the answer. We will be running on the standard version of the track not weather change version, right?

The memories are still fond from that race. I was just kidding around. Yes we are using standard track with no weather.

Ill be trying CSLs setup later to see if I can improve on my 2:13.895 ;).

I'm in my lobby right now getting my first practice session in. Feel free to jump in if anyone likes, I'm just getting a feel for the car on the track and will be tuning a little. If you want to join and not on my friend list just send a request.

Scott

I'm in my lobby right now getting my first practice session in. Feel free to jump in if anyone likes, I'm just getting a feel for the car on the track and will be tuning a little. If you want to join and not on my friend list just send a request.

Scott

Feel free to use the 3D3 Racing Lobby Scott 👍

I hope to practice later - can I just jump into the 3D3 lounge and do it from there? It will be ~ 930PM GMT for around an hour

Hi im Mike and maybe interested in running in the GT class, LMP not really my thing. Really like the idea of these longer races and allows you to breath and relax.

Hi im Mike and maybe interested in running in the GT class, LMP not really my thing. Really like the idea of these longer races and allows you to breath and relax.

Hi Mike,
The GT class quali runs until Thursday midnight (GMT) so you still have lots of time to get used to the car.
If you decide you want to give it a shot, just register using the links in the OP 👍

The Gt class is pretty stacked, so I'm not sure how much relaxing there will be....:sly:

Feel free to use the 3D3 Racing Lobby Scott 👍

Thanks, wasn't sure and I figured first session just jump in mine to be safe.
Used CSL's tune, car felt really comfortable but couldn't get the tranny numbers he posted. Maybe I missed a step.:dunce: Either way, first session fastest lap was 2'15.616. Didn't feel fast but I haven't had much wheel time so I need to work my way into it.

Last edited:
Hi Mike,
The GT class quali runs until Thursday midnight (GMT) so you still have lots of time to get used to the car.
If you decide you want to give it a shot, just register using the links in the OP 👍

The Gt class is pretty stacked, so I'm not sure how much relaxing there will be....:sly:

Cheers Hydro and I have filled out the registration form so now I just need to get some practise in.

Private lounge versus 3D3 lounge.....the same?:indiff:

Yes GTP_3D3Racing is just a regular PSN account like all others so the lounge is the same. Use that when you want some company, use your own lounge when you want privacy... that's basically what it amounts to.

Public Lobbies are a different animal, but we're not using them.

Yes GTP_3D3Racing is just a regular PSN account like all others so the lounge is the same. Use that when you want some company, use your own lounge when you want privacy... that's basically what it amounts to.

Public Lobbies are a different animal, but we're not using them.

Yeah, thought so. I was in 3D3 for about an hour + earlier.....everybody else was still snoozing! :sly:

Be back in by martini time!

Yeah, thought so. I was in 3D3 for about an hour + earlier.....everybody else was still snoozing! :sly:

Be back in by martini time!

A couple of us (JTV and I) were in a mixed class race organized by Aderrrm which was great fun.

I really enjoyed the interaction between the classes and trying to manage passes while battling with other cars in your own class. Don't get frustrated and just enjoy it as an extra challenge. Remember, the other cars in your class are in the same situation and it'll all even out in the end... if you are patient, pick your spots carefully and assuming the slower class (GT in this case) are predictable and just hold their lines. Really great fun.

PS> One other benefit of mixed class racing is being able to pass Aderrrm twice in a single race. :sly: That's never going to happen in any other setup.

Can somebody qualify me for this event in the next hour or two?

I should be free later as well if not, but that will be around midnight EDT time.

Ran some laps in the 3D3 lounge, wasn't too bad once I stuck Dominic's setup on the car - before that it wasn't driveable through Eau Route/Radillion and speared me into the wall on the left three times in a row! Changed ride heights to 28/28 and top speed to 205mph - Did 2:15.6xx on one lap out of the 15 I did - but I was trying moreso to do 8 laps of 2:20.0 or better rather than one fast one. Not sure I can get much more than 8 laps off a set of tyres.

Can somebody qualify me for this event in the next hour or two?

I should be free later as well if not, but that will be around midnight EDT time.

We are running a "lag test" right now. I will be on tonight at 9 PDT / 12 PDT if you don't find someone in the next 30 minutes.

Back