GTP WRS-Online : Special I - Silverstone Mixed Class Enduro - Feb 22/23

• Thread starter oink83
  • 562 comments
The results have been updated (here and on the first page) and the comment about the pit stop penalty removed and replaced with a green flag. Mika's gap was put back to it's original +1:37.005, but as noted earlier there is no change of position involved.

EDIT: Dang, google doesn't like the flags so the country flags in the image are off. All the data is correct though and I'll update the image when google wakes up.

EDIT 2: Flags fixed.

Ok thanks for changing it guys. Just seemed kinda out of place having a 16 second penalty where there was no mistake made. :P

Ok thanks for changing it guys. Just seemed kinda out of place having a 16 second penalty where there was no mistake made. :P

Yes, that's right. Agreed and corrected! 👍

It's a real pain to check these stops because you can't FF while you are in the pits yourself so you sit there and wait 5 minutes for each or try and multi-task several at a time which can lead to errors. We usually ask the drivers to do it themselves -- e.g. verify eachother, but so few had the replay after those DC's it just got done with the results.

Sorry about the close call coming out of my third pit. I saw everyone except you, and I had accidentally turned off my blind side indicator. But you slipped passed me nicely. 👍

Actually, I hadn't seen you either, until you suddenly appeared in my rearview mirror, filling it completely! Almost had a heart attack :lol:

So when is the next special event? Now that I did one, I want to do another. Most fun I have had so far in my short GT Online career.

So when is the next special event? Now that I did one, I want to do another. Most fun I have had so far in my short GT Online career.

Aren't they once per month? And are the Parity Races considered Special Events? How many different kinds of Special Events are there?

Geez...three questions in a row. I guess "inquiring minds want to know". :confused:

Aren't they once per month? And are the Parity Races considered Special Events? How many different kinds of Special Events are there?

Geez...three questions in a row. I guess "inquiring minds want to know". :confused:

I was partly being facetious, as there is a lot of prep time to get these ready and organized. Really, was just trying to say, it was lots of fun and look forward to the next one. As for events that were held last year, WRS organized an F1 series, a race where teams from different countries competed against each other, Parity races and perhaps another one that I can't remember.

As for the country race, not sure you will have many fellow racers from Endor to join your team :lol:.

How many different kinds of Special Events are there?

As many as our twisted minds can come up with. Look in the archives for some examples.

As far as how often, well as often as we can organize and come up with them without burning out and turning to ash. It takes quite a bit of work to do them right. We prefer quality over quantity and we do have 3 races every week already plus a time trial in constant rotation.

In the meantime we plan to offer some events that are special, but not considered "special events" such as Saturday Attack races and Parity races.

The next special event is not yet fixed on our calendar so you'll have to be patient.

Here's what MY twisted mind came up with recently: an improv series (or one-off), where the car/track combo is decided randomly at the last second :D

Yeah, I realise it goes against the spirit of preparing for a week or two for a special event...

Here's what MY twisted mind came up with recently: an improv series (or one-off), where the car/track combo is decided randomly at the last second :D

Yeah, I realise it goes against the spirit of preparing for a week or two for a special event...

Yellowbird. On the Nordschleife. At night. Rain to the max.

Talk about twisted minds :sly:

Hope thers another conbo similar, maybe more per class, couple GT3s and couple GT1s or LMP1s. Makes tactics snd battles more interesting. Using the SLS on the straight but GTR through the corners Getting followed by the audi ultra or 908. Mind blown.

Hope thers another conbo similar, maybe more per class, couple GT3s and couple GT1s or LMP1s. Makes tactics snd battles more interesting. Using the SLS on the straight but GTR through the corners Getting followed by the audi ultra or 908. Mind blown.
Yeh, we ran a GT3 series last year which included a choice of 4 cars in the same class. Equalising cars takes alot more work and testing though, but hopefully something later on down the line will satisfy this :)

Yeh, we ran a GT3 series last year which included a choice of 4 cars in the same class. Equalising cars takes alot more work and testing though, but hopefully something later on down the line will satisfy this :)

Could just blance the gt3's cars out which shouldn't be as much work as having to tune stock cars and throw in a lmp1 or something and run a series with 4 tracks like we did with gt3 that would be cool maybe we could do something like this around october.

October??? :confused: Spring seems like eons from now :scared: and you are looking into Halloween??? :P:lol::P

Let's just say I know more than you do. :D
We special lovers just have to realise these events take a lot of time to prepare for and we all know that the normal weekly races get more participation. Also if we did this kinda stuff every other week it wouldn't be a special anymore now would it. ;)

Latest Posts

Back