GTP WRS-Online : Special I - Silverstone Mixed Class Enduro - Feb 22/23

• Thread starter oink83
  • 562 comments
I was really upset about my DC on formation lap.
DCd after 2h should be really disappointing. Sorry to hear about that guys.
PD... comments are unnecessary.

I was having so much fun, it really bummed me out when I got disconnected. But, while we were racing it was great. It looked like everyone had a really solid race.

The start of the race was fun. I was running with Aspecbob and Crispy for about 10 laps, came into the turns leading to the first straightaway a little too hot, and that was all it took. I had to stop to let a pack of GT1 cars pass before I could get back on track. Then I was on my own for most of the race.

I was hoping to make a run at the end. My 3rd pitstop was going to make or break my race. I was running with Aspec and Crispy again. They came out of the pits just behind me and we ran about 5 laps together. I knew I had to pit one more time, so I went for it with just under 2 hours left. I was hoping my new tires would help me and maybe somebody would burn their tires out, or pit again. Ill never know if it would of worked. Oh well.

All these races are a ton of fun, dc'd or not.

Thanks to all the guys running the WRS. You guys do an awesome job of making this game a lot more fun than it should be, for me at least.

The decision has been made to call results from the point at which half the grid was DC'd. The replay was paused at the exact moment, and positions/gaps taken from that point. So here are the results!

gt6_004p5_140223_enduro_results-png.119582

Congratulations to our class winners PASM (GT1) and Hasslemoff (GT3) as well as the podium sitters in each class, myself and Jammy (GT1) & Vipond and Gravitron (GT3).

Additionally we have reviewed the driver changes from all drivers, any penalties are already applied to the results above:

Driver change verification

GTP_PASM: 20:32-25:38 ---
user118395pic1573412914.gif

GTP_oink: 18:59-23:59 ---

GTP_Jammy: 17:37-22:40 ---

GTP_Mika: 13:53-18:53 ---

GTP_Speedy6543: 20:49-25:49 ---

GTP_Allibubba99: 25:22-30:23 ---

GTP_Hasslemoff: 20:41-25:45 ---

GTP_Vipond: 02:21-07:22 ---

GTP_Gravitron: 00:42-05:48 ---
just in time for the pit window :lol: 👍
GTP_SKYLINE: 25:55-30:58 ---

GTP_Patrick1: 00:58-06:02 ---

gtp_crispy_one: 01:37-06:50 ---

GTP_AspecBob: 01:46-06:48 ---

EWeinbauer: total time 4:55 ---
rflagnv1.gif
--- 10 second penalty

I would like to conclude by just thanking everyone who took part and to all the stewards/admins who helped to get this event organised. Hope everyone involved enjoyed it and look forward to seeing you on track again soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have watched about 90 min on the livestream, welldone everyone, awsome and entertaining racing 👍 !! PD and Kaz : stop making movies and get your act (read : bread on your table) togheter !!!!
I hope to be there next time ....

Wait i think somethings wrong with the replays because for me the guy pulled the stick up at 13:52. Not that it really matters anyway because it's not for a position.

Firstly big thanks goes to all the stewards/admins who made this event possible :bowdown:

At the start I said to myself to keep it cool and don't spin with cold tires - spun anyway on first race lap :embarrassed:
I knew that I could recover if I just stay focus and don't push too hard - it's gonna be LONG race and hopefully everyone makes some mistake during the race.

It wasn't too long when I was behind Speedy and stay there to the end of lap 23 (race time 44 min). We had so similar pace that I didn't get any chance to pass him. At the end of lap 23 we were passing couple of GT3 cars and Speedy stay behind GT3 car outside lane and finally I saw opportunity pass Speedy and GT3 cars at same time from inside lane and did it :)

Then my target was get Mika because I knew he will have trouble with tires after pitstop and I didn't have any issues with tires - only lap time were 1s-1,5s slower.
Then on lap 34 (race time 1h 4min) I was behind Mika and I saw he had really hard time to keep car in control so I just sit and wait to oppertunide to pass him.
I pass Mika (race time 1h 11 min) and then came driver change pitstop (race time 1h 17min). Mika did that before me and he came right behind me after I exit from pitstop (race time 1h 22 min). He was on warm tires so I let him to pass me because I wanna warm tires first before started push faster laps (didn't wanna spun on cold tires again).
On lap 44 (race time 1h 30 min) I did pass Mika again and after that my focus was to staying on 3rd spot in GT1 class to the end of race.

My passing of GT3 cars went guite well - didn't have any incidents - few times I stayed behind GT3 car to wait safely passing.

My pitstops:
  • 1st: on lap 25,time 48min, added fuel 70 liters
  • 2nd: on lap 40 (driver change), time 1h 17 min, added fuel 70 liters
  • 3rd: on lap 56, time 1h 53 min, added fuel 61 liters
Most the scariest moment came (race time 2h 6 min) when those DC's started to happen. I had some of those on my belt so I was quite sure it's gonna hit me too, but this time I had some kind of luck to stay in room.
I'm really sorry for those who got DC's. I know the how it feels. All hard work gone with the wind.

I like to congratulate all drivers and I just say well done all 👍

Finally - race was hard but really fun.

Last edited:
Yes in my replays loppipop goes up 1h 13min 53s.
Wait i think somethings wrong with the replays because for me the guy pulled the stick up at 13:52. Not that it really matters anyway because it's not for a position.

Yes in my replays loppipop goes up 1h 13min 53s.

Yeah I checked it back on the replay aswell and it was 1h 13min 52s for me. Not that it really matters though. If an official feels like we have to put this straight than it's ok but if it stays this way I don't really care because it doesn't really affect anything.

I just have to say that this race was the best online racing experience I've had yet!:bowdown: Thank you so much for putting this all together. Joining this club is the best move of my GT life. :lol:

Yes, fun while it lasted as some have said already.

Really enjoyed our battles, Crispy 👍

As did I! :cheers: Sorry about the close call coming out of my third pit. I saw everyone except you, and I had accidentally turned off my blind side indicator. But you slipped passed me nicely. 👍

Oh and sorry to whomever I plowed into during the formation lap. :ouch: I was looking into my rear view trying to find my spot and completely missed the brake point. I spun out before I could see who I hit. Again, my apologies.

(although the only real ones were at the beginning of our 3rd stint, everything else was more or less taking advantage of each other's mistakes!).

Agreed. I had a rough start, but settled in around the 3rd or 4th lap somewhere near the back of the pack. My fastest lap was lap 7, then it was a slow downward slide. I'd wipe out. You'd go past, then I would refocus to try to catch back up to you. Rinse and repeat for most of the race. It was much fun!

This one really captures the spirit of our battles. I LOVE it! Thanks, Al. :)

I just love how my color comes out on pics. The pic of my crash in that right hander in the final section really give me the heebeejeebees again. I crashed there 3 or 4 times I think. :irked:

I just noticed that I shifted from 5th to 6th at 260kph on the first stint tyres and at 250kph on the second stint/bugged tyres. Both were at redline. I thought I felt like my gearing was off. :confused:

Last edited:
Kind of a shame that gran turismo banner is so low res on the f1.
Actually it isn't low res. I have noticed this in the last week or so, when taking pictures from online replays, your own car (or the owner of the replay if it's exported) is shown in full amazing quality and resolution. Everyone elses cars exterior are good quality, but all interior and livery etc gets a lower resolution. I guess to save memory online, they scale down all that extra detail on all the other cars, so that is why that car looks lower res.
I just love how my color comes out on pics. The pic of my crash in that right hander in the final section really give me the heebeejeebees again. I crashed there 3 or 4 times I think. :irked:
Mine too! Also @Allibubba99 I love the outlined pics, really makes the colour stand off the page! Very nice job :bowdown:

Yeah I checked it back on the replay aswell and it was 1h 13min 52s for me. Not that it really matters though. If an official feels like we have to put this straight than it's ok but if it stays this way I don't really care because it doesn't really affect anything.

OK, I will check it again as soon as possible.

I have checked @mika012397 5 minute pitstop, All clean! Sorry for the confusion. The results will be fixed shortly.

The replay is very hard to follow at times and we have to watch 2 and sometimes 5 laps to get to the point we want

I have checked @mika012397 5 minute pitstop, All clean! Sorry for the confusion. The results will be fixed shortly.

The replay is very hard to follow at times and we have to watch 2 and sometimes 5 laps to get to the point we want

The results have been updated (here and on the first page) and the comment about the pit stop penalty removed and replaced with a green flag. Mika's gap was put back to it's original +1:37.005, but as noted earlier there is no change of position involved.

EDIT: Dang, google doesn't like the flags so the country flags in the image are off. All the data is correct though and I'll update the image when google wakes up.

EDIT 2: Flags fixed.

Enjoyed the race, thanks to everyone who participated and organised it :cheers:

I was torn between a 2 stop and a 3 stop stratergy but could'nt figure out when to take the 5 min driver change with a 2 stop as with the way the car was setup I could run faster laps with the scrub tyre's once the 1st set got to around 25 laps. The problem setting the car up for the 2nd set of tyre's was the first 5 laps were a bit slippy :scared: on the good tyre's but managed to survive.

Good battle with Vipond at the start, managed to slip past after he made a slight mistake at Abbey and we went around Village and Becketts side by side, luckily I got on the power earlier to edge ahead on the straight. Then pulled away as Lucas and Vipond had a battle.
After my first pit I new I had to make up some time as the others seemed to be on a 2 stop and I had a major off and lost about 10 second's, anyway came out the pits not far behind Lucas and caught him up after a few laps, managed to pass him as he made a mistake at Abbey aswell and that gave me a chance to push to try and make up time for the extra pit.

Great drivin by all and the GT1 car I seen the most was Speedy.

Thanks again good fun :)

Just to let you all know right away, the admins are discussing how we make the results official for this event. We may be awarding positions at the point where 8 of 14 running drivers were DC'd, which was just after the 2 hour 6 minute mark, and awarding finishes based on that point in time. The final decision hasn't been made so no official results will be posted until we have a chance to review and discuss. Here's a picture of the leaderboard an instant before the DC's captured from my stream:

View attachment 119278

PS> The gaps shows gap to next driver. Constantly AspecBob and Crispy were the tightest battle on track and they got some good airtime later in the race on my stream.

Thanks so much for capturing @Bleached and I battling around 8:20. 👍:D

I was still two wheels on, right? :D
What happened was that I had Jammy to my right and was already going near the end of the curbs. So instead of trying to get to the other side of the track and with the risk of running into Joel, I figured straight ahead was the best option.
I must admit, that overtake was the most exciting pass of the race.
I just hope we didn't scare you too much there Crispy. :scared:

That passing was one of high light of my race too. There was other GT3 car a head of us too.

Can anyone double check my pitstop again and see if it was 5 minutes. I thought for sure i stayed in long enough. I came in at 1:19:44 and left at 1:24:44, I think. I know it was between 19:?4 and 24:?4. Seeing as it is 10 seconds though, i may have just left on the wrong 4. It wont change anything, but if i did leave early i feel like this :banghead:. If i didnt, i would be like :)

@EWeinbauer I'm checking it right now...loppipop goes up 1h 19min 12s and you started to move at 1h 24min 5s.

Last edited:
Can anyone double check my pitstop again and see if it was 5 minutes. I thought for sure i stayed in long enough. I came in at 1:19:44 and left at 1:24:44, I think. I know it was between 19:?4 and 24:?4. Seeing as it is 10 seconds though, i may have just left on the wrong 4. It wont change anything, but if i did leave early i feel like this :banghead:. If i didnt, i would be like :)

Sorry you did leave 5 seconds early. I write the time down so I don't forget exactly what time I can leave.

Back