GTP WRS-Online : Special I - Silverstone Mixed Class Enduro - Feb 22/23

• Thread starter oink83
  • 562 comments
Very nice with livestream, I'll definately watch! Are there any commentators? I think with a good commentator (like Tidgney) it would be more interesting to watch :)
Neither of the 2 streams will have commentary, since we will both be concentrating on the race. I might leave my mic on so I can say something when I stop in the pits or something, but not gunna be a running commentary.

Yes, got in for my first pitstop at 1hr 2sec. :) Doing driver change.

Good racing, Crispy 👍

Shame about your garage being behind mine, it slowed me down a bit :(

Sorry I had an emergency and my dumb data plan wasn't working outside so I couldn't message. I apologize for any inconvenience or delay I caused :guilty::(.

Nooooooooooooooi!

I saw the half the room go, one by one:(

And then there were 6. At least we can still pull down the replay

That was interesting to say the least seemed like it stopped when the host switched to me good race up until that made a few silly mistakes myself.

Just to let you all know right away, the admins are discussing how we make the results official for this event. We may be awarding positions at the point where 8 of 14 running drivers were DC'd, which was just after the 2 hour 6 minute mark, and awarding finishes based on that point in time. The final decision hasn't been made so no official results will be posted until we have a chance to review and discuss. Here's a picture of the leaderboard an instant before the DC's captured from my stream:

EnduroJustBeforeDC.png

PS> The gaps shows gap to next driver. Constantly AspecBob and Crispy were the tightest battle on track and they got some good airtime later in the race on my stream.

Last edited:
I just found out about most of the drivers DCing - way to go, PD. What mystifies me is why these disconnections should even happen. The races aren't hosted on PD's servers, so there's no reason for races to be ruined because the servers decided to cough.

Overall, in my opinion GT6 is proving to be a pretty poor platform (try saying that ten times fast :dopey:) for online racing at the moment, hence I am currently avoiding the online mode until there has been distinct improvement.

On a somewhat brighter note, well done Bart for dominating up to that point 👍

Yes, fun while it lasted as some have said already.

Really enjoyed our battles, Crispy 👍 (although the only real ones were at the beginning of our 3rd stint, everything else was more or less taking advantage of each other's mistakes!).

Al, hope I didn't scare you too much with one of my re-entries, I thought I was going to be able to keep it on my side of the track! Sorry about that.

Skyline, I don't know whether you realized I was only trying to unlap myself. Crispy and I had just pitted for a second time and had much fresher tires than you had and I was trying to catch up to him. Nice gesture at the end towards Patrick, though 👍

It's all good was I closed up to you all pretty quick but soon as I got past it was like my tyres were gone and I couldn't pull away.

You were in well Within you right to unlap yourself just didn't expect you to out brake me so much.

Yeah I couldn't have passed him and been happy about doing it as we had such a great battle for the entire race.

Such a shame about the D/C's as everyone was putting in great performances up untill then .

Good race while it lasted! A few different pit strategies in GT3 kept it interesting.
You did a much better job at the 2-stop than I did. :crazy: Awesome laps behind you in the beginning, and sorry for ruining it by rear-ending you and then dropping back. DOH! When I saw Tim's leaderboard pic above and saw I was 39sec behind you, I was just flabbergasted. Well done to you and Moff for killing it in GT3. 👍

Congrats Bart on the GT1 win. :cheers: Awesome pace oink and Jammy as well. 👍

Thanks for putting this together oink, well run and I'm not going to let the DC bother me. The memory of the 2hrs I got to run will stay with me a while. :dopey:

I sent you a message Skyline. I feel pretty silly thinking we were both out of gas, when in fact you were being nice with enough gas to finish. As to the race, I had lots of fun, great battle with Skyline for much of the race. We almost need provisions in the regulations dealing with DCs now if they happen to a large portion of the room. What would be better is GT6 being a little more stable so that you can run a long race.

Yes agree wholeheartedly with Lucas, whilst it's disapointing about the DC, the 2 or so hours of racing was really fantastic for me. Never had a problem in traffic, had a great battle with Mika for all of stint 1, and generally had fun driving the car. Well done everyone who competed through the weekend and in qualifying.

Here is the replay of my stream:

Ah yes, there's a whole bunch of people I forgot to thank, in particular Paul (oink) and the other stewards who helped you put this together, very well done 👍

I also have to thank Mika for his great tune and Bart for giving me lots of very useful pointers around the track. Without that help, I would have ended up in the waiting list for sure! I also thank all the guys I had a chance to practice with in the past couple of weeks.

I echo what Daniel said, sure the DCs kind of ruined the race, but the overall experience was great. When I committed to this race , it was with lots of apprehension. The lead up to the race with all the practices, people helping you get faster, discussing tunes was really good. I observed a few qualifications, and the stewards were very encouraging to each qualifier. This 2 weeks has definitely made me more confident in on line races and I look forward to the next. Thanks to the WRS community, this was a great event.

A massive thanks to all the guys who set the event up without your time and effort we wouldn't be enjoying GT6 as much(taking out the d/c's)

As for the race for the whole 2hours and 6 minutes before the servers blew up like a Renault f1 engine at winter testing I was having the race of my life,

Patrick was pushing me hard the whole race so much so I think in the support and feature race I must have spent 50+ laps stuck behind him and I can tell you I don't want to see the back of a white MP4 for quite a while.
You manage to make that thing as wide as you possibly could with out over stepping the rules great racing.

And as for slowing down and not passing when I could of, I couldn't of been happy passing when you run out of fuel 30 seconds from the line especially with such a epic battle over 2 hours of racing,after all it's the sprit of racing and having fun that we are here for.

Back