GTP WRS-Online : Special IX - Greatest Hits Vol 2 - Nov 10-11

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 145 comments
Wish I could have joined you, Tim, I got home a bit after you posted, and just wasn't able to make it work. Still have a sliver of hope that I can make the Saturday races in this event, but won't know until later next week.

The main lounge is setup for "Tim is Gonna Kill Me" practice. Will switch over to NSX-Men in about 90 minutes.

Nobody showed up to practice to "Tim is Gonna Kill Me" :( Very tough combo.

The lounge is open to start practicing NSX-Men now if anyone joins. I'm not going to be in the lounge for a bit, but it's all set up. Remember you have to power limit the cars to 493 HP... check the original combo details.

Sorry to hear that Tim, but wasn't able to join todays practice. Just came home now. Too tired after a 12 hour work day :(

See you tomorrow for the attack races.

:lol: Did I run a 1'48.2XX? I didn't write it down and don't have the splits. Basically just wanted to get a time up there that wasn't fictional... I'll see what I can do about getting a 1'48 flat and posting that. :sly:

You ran a .291 last night

Good luck with your 48 flat

For those who want to join. Tim, Rikson and i are praticing at motegi at the moment

Fun practicing with you today Dennis (Roomoboter) and Eric (Rikson). Did you guys manage a 1'47?

If both of you make the Saturday events (you haven't yet registered) along with Bart (PASM) it's definitely going to be an "NL" invasion. We just need to get Wes and Sjaak to show up too and you guys will be unstoppable. :lol:

C'mon US guys I need some wing men against these fast Netherlandians.

Next Thursday and Friday we'll organize a few 1/2 length practice races for these combos.

I'll be in the lounge practicing something for the next 90 minutes. :lol: Join if you want to run any of the combos.

UPDATE: Room closed. Pretty quiet until Mohit showed up.

Last edited:
Fun practicing with you today Dennis (Roomboter) and Eric (Rikson). Did you guys manage a 1'47?

If both of you make the Saturday events (you haven't yet registered) along with Bart (PASM) it's definitely going to be an "NL" invasion. We just need to get Wes and Sjaak to show up too and you guys will be unstoppable. :lol:

C'mon US guys I need some wing men against these fast Netherlandians.

Next Thursday and Friday we'll organize a few 1/2 length practice races for these combos.

Was fun indeed. No we didn't made the 47. Your the only 47 guy so far 👍 I manage a 48 flat, so i'm knocking on your door :sly:

Shame not many people are practicing for these kind of race. With some practice under your belt makes the races even better and more competitive. Or people are practicing on there own secretly and come out amazing lap time.

I will be in and out for practice over the weekend.

I singed up both saturday races

Nice to see the practice is going well. I didnt have the time yesterday to join in on the fun and probably wont untill next friday. I sure hope for some more drivers (even if they are not dutch hehe), even though the Snake in the Road grid is filling up quite nicely :)

Fun practicing with you today Dennis (Roomoboter) and Eric (Rikson). Did you guys manage a 1'47?

I'm afraid not.But then again,you and Dennis are way out of my league.
But loads of practise time for the next week,low .48's should be possible.
Registered for the Saturday's events.
Allready looking forward to it :)

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm afraid not.But then again,you and Dennis are way out of my league.
But loads of practise time for the next week,low .48's should be possible.
Registered for the Saturday's events.
Allready looking forward to it :)

Nice, both races. Thought you said, you only wanted to participate on Indy.

Think your on the same league. We just had a bit more practice.

Gonna do same practice in the A lounge. See you in a bit Eric.

EDIT: we switched to my lounge be cause we couldn't use the voice chat.

Last edited:
I'm in the main lounge now for some practice with the R10 Audi on Grand Valley reverse, will be there for a hour or so.

Feel free to join anytime.

Edit: Left the lounge, tough combo this one, especially on racing hards (r1), need some more training.
This car has insane torque, almost forgot how much.

Last edited:
Looks like great fun!!! With any luck I'll be salmon fishing again next weekend, but if plans change I'll be sure and give at least one of these a go.👍

I'm in the main lounge now for some practice with the R10 Audi on Grand Valley reverse, will be there for a hour or so.

Feel free to join anytime.

Edit: Left the lounge, tough combo this one, especially on racing hards (r1), need some more training.
This car has insane torque, almost forgot how much.

Yah, must be tough on RH tires, but we're using mediums!!! :lol:

EDIT: :dunce: That's my fault... this thread says Racing Hards (now fixed), but the original event was Racing Medium... It's racing mediums for sure and that's what I've been practicing... the car is tough enough on GVS with mediums! Sorry about that.

Yah, must be tough on RH tires, but we're using mediums!!! :lol:

Ok, thanks. In the first post is written racing hards, maybe you could correct that Tim, just in case some else gets confused. 👍

Ok, thanks. In the first post is written racing hards, maybe you could correct that Tim, just in case some else gets confused. 👍

Yes, it's corrected now.

I have cancelled my registrations. Given the fact I have never driven these combo's and I have no time to practise this week. There would also have been a chance I could not make it for the first race... So I will be using my free time next weekend for the TT.

As of right now I should be able to make the first race of each day. Those are the two events I've run so I don't think not having practiced should be an issue for me.

Note that we are going with the "Normal" tire wear option for all of these "Greatest Hits" events. I did some quick testing at Motegi and it appears closest to the situation prior to 2.09 which is what we've all prepared using. I'm pretty sure with the "Normal" settings Motegi will be a 2 stop strategy over 32 laps, but the tire saver could probably stretch it to 1 stop.

Initial testing at Motegi led me to believe in terms of tire wear / fuel consumption that:

Normal = 1x (2.5-3 L per lap)
Fast = 2x (5-6 L per Lap)
Very Fast = 4x (10-11 L per lap)

Under the very fast setting you can almost watch the fuel go down and you'd need to pit for fuel every 9-10 laps. The tires take a while to warm up and by the time they do they are worn down about 10-15% so you almost never get an optimal lap. This setting is mostly for very short races... 5-8 lap contests lasting 15-20 minutes. Or maybe for races on comfort tires that last forever to induce a few stops in shorter races.

Under "normal" we probably won't have to put in any fuel during the 60 minute race. Maybe a couple liters during the final stop, but it'll be close and it won't impact strategy or pit deltas.

I haven't had a chance to test the other 3 combos and probably won't have enough time to test them all properly before people have to start thinking strategy, so we'll just stick with "Normal" for now at this late notice and you guys can test/plan accordingly.

For future events we may use different settings. The setting we choose for any individual event will depend on the car, tire selection and length of the race.

PS> I didn't notice much difference in the car/physics with this combo and I didn't adjust my tune. I was about 0.5 slower, but I wasn't really pushing the envelope as I was just trying to be fairly consistent on the tires for the testing. Plus I haven't run a lap for a few days and was rusty... my guess is the impact is minimal. The general consensus in the forums is that the online physics now include more understeer / less oversteer which can be fixed with tuning, but honestly I didn't notice it at all.

Having a bit of a run in the lounge now, will probably be a couple of hours.

P.S. Lost everything and had to start a new profile:(, please remove gtp_jtv90069 from your friends list to make room for my new one;).

Edit: Finished in the lounge, getting a bit tired to have a go at x-men, but got a decent run in the other three.

Last edited:
FYI. I sent JTV a few tickets and cars yesterday. You guys might want to inundate him with tickets now.:sly:

Jon, I'll send a couple more lvl 23 tickets after the gift time reset. I'll send tix daily unless you pick out a car you want from the garage instead.

I'll delete your old account from the friends list and update google docs.

The next couple days we'll have the same practice time slots as last week. Hopefully more guys will show up this week.

Thursday Nov, 8
  • Twin Ring: 11:00 AM Pacific | 2:00 PM Eastern | 19:00 GMT
  • Snake: 1:00 PM Pacific | 4:00 PM Eastern | 21:00 GMT
Friday, Nov 9
  • TiGKM: 11:00 AM Pacific | 2:00 PM Eastern | 19:00 GMT
  • NS X-Men: 1:00 PM Pacific | 4:00 PM Eastern | 21:00 GMT

Note: I will setup the lounge, but won't necessarily be driving the entire time.

Anyone who wants to practice a different combo during these times is free to reserve the A or B lounge and just post here with your schedule.

If someone else wants to take charge of setting up / managing some NA practice slots later tonight please do so and post. I can't join the lounges in the evening until around 8:30 PM Pacific.

Practice session will follow the normal format with free run time and short 10-15 minute races mixed in depending on the preferences of those in the lounge.

I'm going to open up the main lounge in about 30 minutes for practice.

Is anyone going to show today?

Porsche, Noize, w-g-e and myself in the lounge now. Come and join the fun.

EDIT: Roomboter and MadMax joined.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back