GTP WRS-Online : Special IX - Greatest Hits Vol 2 - Nov 10-11

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 145 comments
I watched a bit of the replay from NS-XMen and it's pretty awesome. The first 8 lap or so the top 5 were all very close with the top 3 juggling positions almost every lap.

The first 16 laps or so the top 3 were within car lengths. The differing pit strategies and timing definitely spread things out after that for the top 3, but some battles just raged on for almost every lap.

That's why I love racing at Fuji.

There were a few over/under moves in turn 1 that were pretty cool to watch... driver passing in draft carrying a lot of speed on inside into the brake zone, outside driver braking steady, inside driver goes just a little longer and opens the door and re-pass takes place or side by side race ensues to the next turn. No contact at all in any of those. 👍

I will have to see if I can catch a few clips on video tomorrow.

Wes doing a no stopper was predictable, but impressive anyway. :lol: What was more impressive is he was only a couple tenths slower than me with tires that were 30+ laps old versus my 15 lap tires. :bowdown: I kept waiting for him to hit the cliff the the gaps to drop sharply... I'm still waiting.

Pekka pitted very late... maybe 4 laps after I did which allowed me to create a pretty good gap as we were nose to tail before my pit. The gap stayed pretty steady until about lap 28-29 at which point he started closing. The last couple laps he was eating me alive, but just ran out of time. Two more laps and I was definitely toast, maybe even one.

I had only one major issue in the race. On about lap 15 I was between Wes and Pekka and braking into the GT corner my left tires just touched the grass and a long power slide ensued right past the turn in the runoff and that ate the tires pretty badly, let Pekka get by and Wes got his chance to escape. No way I was doing a no stopper so in the end it didn't really matter as I wasn't going to hang on much longer anyway.

Congrats again to the podium finishers and everybody who raced this weekend.
Was great fun, alltough I wasn't competitive for 2 of the 4 rounds, but wouldn't have missed it. 👍
In the NSX race I was really tired, 4 races in 2 days is quite a effort.

Thanks again to Tim and all the admin staff for the organizing, I know you guys have been busy more then enough.

Looking forward to the next races. :gtpflag:

Congratz Bart (again) and Wes with your wins and the rest of the podiums. Although Bart hasn't had his grand slam, the Dutch did 👍 And for the statistic freaks. Over all 4 races, 5% of the participants where Dutchies and toke 6 out of the 12 podium spots, that's 50% :sly:

Thanks for the organization guys 👍 I think everybody who participated had a blast

And for the statistic freaks. Over all 4 races, 5% of the participants where Dutchies and toke 6 out of the 12 podium spots, that's 50% :sly:
Yeah, yeah, yeah, rub it in some more. :P

Nah seriously, well done guys. 👍

Dennis, great results for NL, but how do you get 5%? :lol: my math says there were 35 driver slots of which 7 were "dutchies" = 20%.

Given you guys only left 3 podium spots for the rest of us I'm happy to have collected a few... My first of year to get me on "the board".

PS. The fact that Bart and Wes show up with little to no practice and still win is a bit depressing though!!! I worked my butt off for my podiums.

Last edited:
Dennis, great results for NE, but how do you get 5%? :lol: my math says there were 35 driver slots of which 7 were "dutchies" = 20%.

Given you guys only left 3 podium spots for the rest of us I'm happy to have collected a few... My first of year to get me on "the board".

PS. The fact that Bart and Wes show up with little to no practice and still win is a bit depressing though!!! I worked my butt off for my podiums.

Your right. My cheap calculator app on the iPad didn't show me % but 5 as in 1/5th. And i read it as 5%, better could have used excel.

Congrats on the podiums Tim, you deserved it. The amount of practice you put in payed off 👍

Those alien dudes are just way to good. They step in and break your PB in a couple of laps. Where you had to did 50 laps or so :lol:

NE = NL btw ;)

A little highlight video showing the close racing in the NS X-men event. OK, it's not highlights as much as a (long) look at the first 16 laps with no editing. :lol:

Awesome. :drool: Might be the first time I've watched a 20+min YT vid all the way through. :P Nice driving, gents. :cheers:

Yeah I was just about to go to bed but your vid kept me from doing that so ~30min later I did. :D
👍 Tim

Same here. Just before i went to bed. :)

Great race to watch, must have bin even greater to be part of it. Watched it on my 42" Led TV :)

Question. I assume it was the official sunday race?

Why i want to know. At the time the race took place i was away from home and during the the video i saw myself came online. How weird is that. I was 150km away from home.

Same here. Just before i went to bed. :)

Great race to watch, must have bin even greater to be part of it. Watched it on my 42" Led TV :)

Question. I assume it was the official sunday race?

Why i want to know. At the time the race took place i was away from home and during the the video i saw myself came online. How weird is that. I was 150km away from home.

That was because I captured the saved replay yesterday to video (it wasn't a live stream capture). Your name came up while I was capturing the replay not during the live race.

I noticed your name when I watch the video myself and laughed. I always forget to turn off notifications. Call it a cameo appearance. :lol:

I'd have probably made a video of the Snake race also, but I don't have the replay. The other two were great racing, but not as close in terms of battles, passing, etc. so not quite the same intensity (in the video, not the race itself).

PS> We've run Snake and NS X-men twice now and they were always great battles... classic races.

At the time the race took place i was away from home and during the the video i saw myself came online. How weird is that. I was 150km away from home.

I had the same happen to me today watching this capture from Event 41: The Legacy, (really?) .

At some point on that video I read myself logging off while the replay shows my battle with Wes & Tim.
And I thought : I don't remember DC'ing during that race :confused:

:lol:

:lol: DC'ing while watching yourself race ...hilarious!

When I make made vids I always tried to remember to log off. ;)

I had the same happen to me today watching this capture from Event 41: The Legacy, (really?) .

At some point on that video I read myself logging off while the replay shows my battle with Wes & Tim.

Ah that could be a canditate for greatest hits V3.:D

That race was great fun!!

I'm actually curious what people think of this "Greatest Hits" or "Marathon" format. I've gotten some good and some bad feedback.

Some questions for feedback:
  • Do you like the basic format (rerunning a set of previous events on a weekend)?
  • Prefer all in one day (3 or 4 in one day) or spread across both weekend days (2 per day)?
  • Prefer to have them back to back (with 1 hour between for practice/break) or more spread out (separated by 4 hours)?
  • Prefer to tie them together with a points system? (maintain original results/winners and/or overall points winner).

In end we're trying to mix up the special events with a variety of "Mixed Class Enduros", "GP Races (e.g. F1 or other)", "Greatest Hits", and more stuff to be revealed next year. I would expect the "Greatest Hits" frequency to be no more than about every 5-6 months assuming the general feedback is positive.

Last edited:
The first marathon I found difficult having 4 events in 12hours, last weekend was much better i thought. All four back to back might work but would be very draining for those who do all 4.

WRP001
Some questions for feedback:
[*]Do you like the basic format (rerunning a set of previous events on a weekend)?
[*]Prefer all in one day (3 or 4 in one day) or spread across both weekend days (2 per day)?
[*]Prefer to have them back to back (with 1 hour between for practice/break) or more spread out (separated by 4 hours)?
[*]Prefer to tie them together with a points system? (maintain original results/winners and/or overall points winner).

If you want feedback PM'd, I'll edit this into semi-witty badinage or something instead.

Format: I like it. Good variety to mix in with other specials, allows a return match of fun stuff with as much or as little preparation as you want. No big quali rush, either.

All in one day would be interesting, but only if I could make it!

Back to back might be better, especially if all on one day. With the times the way they are, closer together is probably better for me either way - get up around 2am, race at 3, wait... ZzzZzzzWHUT?!

No strong feeling either way about points - not really what I'm there for, but if others like it, I don't dislike it either.

Does anyone have an NTSC version of the Snake replay they would upload?

I would have, but that was the only race I didn't get the replay of because it glitched on me after the finish.

mohitraina91
Think I saved it, in any case can't check/upload before tomorrow afternoon, if you're not in a rush.

No rush, thanks.

I liked the format for the Greatest Hits very much.
I find that having all 4 races on one day is very exhausting.
2 days with 2 races each is a good formula and also I liked the timeslots very much.

That was because I captured the saved replay yesterday to video (it wasn't a live stream capture). Your name came up while I was capturing the replay not during the live race.

I noticed your name when I watch the video myself and laughed. I always forget to turn off notifications. Call it a cameo appearance. :lol:

I'd have probably made a video of the Snake race also, but I don't have the replay. The other two were great racing, but not as close in terms of battles, passing, etc. so not quite the same intensity (in the video, not the race itself).

PS> We've run Snake and NS X-men twice now and they were always great battles... classic races.

One mystery is cleared up now :lol:

A captured video of the Indy race would be great.

I asked the santa for a caputre card this year. So let's hope he heard me :sly:

:lol::lol::lol:

And how stupid do you feel when you found out what really happened :lol:

About the time slots of this weekend races. I liked just the way they where.

2 day is enough otherwise it will be to much for me to participate and the time in between is perfect. Just enough to catch a breath

And more than once every 5 months is welcome

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roomboter's Highlight video:
Since a little over a month now i have a capture card after playing around with some TT video's. I came up with the idea of editing a race like your watching a summary (or how you call it) of a race on TV. Personatly i think it's an great idea but it was a lot of work to proces. And i worked on and off the hole january on it. I'm happy with the results. The first race i did was one called Snake in the Road with the Dodge Viper at Indy Road (november 2012). I post the video here be cause the thread has places in the archieve awhile a go.

Hope you enjoy it and i'm curious to know what you guys think of it. And why like it and what not.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked the format, but I was racing in a championship with another forum on Sunday.
Having the races a few hours apart is better for me. After about an hour at the wheel, my old knees and back start hurting too much.

Back