GTP WRS-Online : Special IX - Greatest Hits Vol 2 - Nov 10-11

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 145 comments
Got disconnected from the lobby server. Wes got DC'd just a few moments before I did. Not sure if the entire lounge blew up. Was just about time to switch over the "Snake" anyway.

UPDATE: Can't enter lounge again. Error. Going to restart PS3 and the usual procedure.

Back in lounge. It's setup for Snake. Come and get it.

I was kicked out aswell. First i saw Wes leaving and a moment later the screen went black. Was time to leave for me anyway.

Have fun guys

Just a question though, the time for the multiple events, is it the moment that the race will start or the beginning of the qualifying session ?

The time is for the start of qualifying, which you can expect to last 10-15 minutes. If it's a small grid with one group, probably more like under 10 minutes.

All these tracks are fairly large so we won't split the grid for qualifying unless the grid size is 10 or more. Right now, that's only looking possible for Snake.

Anyone up for some saturday's races practice later tonight?

Anyone up for some saturday's races practice later tonight?

I'll be opening the main lounge for "Tim is Gonna Kill Me" practice in about 15 minutes. There are very few people signed up for that event and last Friday nobody showed up to practice for that event so I'm open to switching it to a Saturday event if nobody interested in the Sunday events shows again.

I'll be opening the main lounge for "Tim is Gonna Kill Me" practice in about 15 minutes. There are very few people signed up for that event and last Friday nobody showed up to practice for that event so I'm open to switching it to a Saturday event if nobody interested in the Sunday events shows again.

You go try to kill yourself :lol:

I'll be in later

You go try to kill yourself :lol:

I'll be in later

Yah, with the Audi R10 it won't be hard. :lol:

Actually, the car feels a lot better today. Must be the 2.09 update as I haven't driven it since before the patch. Basically matched my practice sheet time from before the update, but in the middle of a long 11 lap run and the car seems to be easier to handle. Slower tire wear certainly helps in this case. Should be a two stop race over 32 laps, but I'm sure some people could extend it to a one stopper.

FYI, in the original running prior to 2.09 the vast majority of drivers made 3 stops. Only Pekka attempted a 2 stop strategy and that was in the EU race... he didn't attempt that again in the NA race.

PS> I'm going to be AFK for the latter portion of this first practice session as I've got some work to do. :sly:

Had some fun practice races and one stunning battle with Bart. I was delighted with the victory but after the race he told me it where his first laps and the car wasn't broken in :ouch:

See you guys tomorrow

Good practice today guys. We hit all four of the combos.

On the NS X-Men we are going to have to make a slight change. Instead of PL=97% giving 493 HP we're going to reduce it to PL=95.0% giving 483 HP. With the 2.09 update and the stock settings the top speed of this car gets you against the limiter with any decent draft well before the brake zone.

You may still hit the limiter with a perfect draft, but it will be just prior to the brake zone so shouldn't inhibit passing much.

NS X-Men (change to specs):
  • Power: 483 HP (PL @ 95.0%) -- should put you at 577 PP

PS> Yes Dennis, it's a rare occurance to beat Bart in a race even if it's practice. I had the same pleasure at Motegi. :lol: But Bart got his revenge at Fuji basically blowing the doors off the rest of us. :lol:

Last edited:
I had to change to a NO for tomorrow afternoon, but I am still a yes for the morning.

Still on for Sunday afternoon also, with a maybe for the morning, dependent on whether I have time to get to grips with the car.

EDK
I had to change to a NO for tomorrow afternoon, but I am still a yes for the morning.

Still on for Sunday afternoon also, with a maybe for the morning, dependent on whether I have time to get to grips with the car.

The R10 has been tamed a bit in 2.09 so it's a better drive. I would suggest the Praiano tune AND gearing for this. The WRS tunes for the original event just didn't seem to work well for me. To be honest they didn't before the update either, but the Praiano tune is improved post update.

If it gives you problem still just use TCS=1-3. Hopefully we get 6-8 for the race as I think it's going to be fun.

Practicing for Snake in the lounge.

I went in to join you, but you were already gone. Since I'm not doing Snake anyway, I'm going to set the lounge up for Motegi for some last minute prep work.

EDIT: Out of lounge.

Last edited:
I forgot to post earlier but I have to pull out for tomorrow. I had a friend come come to visit from Mill-e-wal-kay before I head down to Chicago tomorrow. Chippewa Falls water was consumed.

I don't see the max speed during the formation lap. i can imagine, Motegi has a lower speed in the last sector then Indy.

So if one of the mods can clear that up, please

These links in the OP#3 take you to the original events where the Formationlap speeds are mentioned.

Twin Ring Twin Ring Motegi:
Snake in the Road
Tim is Gonna Kill Me:
NS X-Men - Reunion:
Formationlap speeds:
Twin Ring Motegi: 62mph/100kph
Snake in the road: 80mph/120kph (this one is not mentioned in the original thread, so this is my estimate)
Tim is Gonna Kill Me: 62mph/100kph
NS X-Men: 62mph/100kph

Speedy, Snake formation lap speed wasn't listed because in the original event we did a standing start and I didn't want to do that again.

We should just make all for the same and our standard 62kph/100mph just to make it easy.

The lounge is open for Motegi pre-race practice. Qualifying will start at the top of the hour sharp.

thanks for the clarification but is it gonna be 100 or 120kph on Indy :sly:

See you guys in a bit

Speedy is director of that race and I'm not participating so its his choice, but it's not like we can't communicate in the lounge before the race on this point.

Once again, my pedals let me down. The signal wasn't picking up like it needed to and the throttle was slipping. Tried to fix that by pulling the cable out and putting it back in, but when I did, it did it's usual "gas and brake at the same time" so I wasn't going anywhere until that corrected itself. I was just about to get into a battle with Rob and Ren when it started messing up on me.

Hopefully I can figure something out to get it to not happen again, but it's looking like I might just go on hiatus until after Christmas, hopefully.

Congratz to Bart for the win and Dennis for 2nd. Here are the official results:

event61_1_res.png

Really thought I had this one with a 5+ second lead with about 12 to go, but blew it. One spin to give up first, fought back to Bart's bumper and then another spin to give up 2nd. I lost all concentration for a couple laps before gathering myself and making a charge for Dennis, but there wasn't enough time.

Good fun guys. If this track had one good clean passing zone it would definitely be one of my favorites.

Good luck in with "Snake" later and I'll see you guys tomorrow.

PS> Sorry about the wheel Shawn... I totally understand your frustration. Hopefully the wheels will go on super sale around black Friday and you can just pick up a new one.

Last edited:
Thanks for racing guys and congratz to Bart for his win and Tim for his podium.

If you look at the results. It looks like Bart was on a league of his own, Tim and i where battling it out for second. But that was not the case at all. Like Tim said he screwed up the win by two spins. Tim and Bart both had an awesome race pace. I couldn't follow at all. I had a real poor race pace in the first stint.

Although i finished 2nd, i can't fully enjoying it. Don't got the feeling i deserved it.

Hope i find a better race pace in the next race. Indy here we come :sly:

Thanks for putting up the results so fast

You definitely deserved 2nd Dennis. You had a rough first stint and I had a rough second stint and the guy who went faster overall came in 2nd. 👍 Bart made the least "big" mistakes and finished first as he deserved.

Even though I came in third I'm pretty happy because I had really good pace and consistency... even pulling away from Bart toward the end of stint 1 and closing in on him after he got by me... can't say that too often.

Also Dennis, only 0.008 kept you off pole and the first stint would have been completely different in clean air had you qualified in front. I had the clean air most of the race and plain old blew it. :lol:

You definitely deserved 2nd Dennis. You had a rough first stint and I had a rough second stint and the guy who went faster overall came in 2nd. 👍 Bart made the least "big" mistakes and finished first as he deserved.

Even though I came in third I'm pretty happy because I had really good pace and consistency... even pulling away from Bart toward the end of stint 1 and closing in on him after he got by me... can't say that too often.

Also Dennis, only 0.008 kept you off pole and the first stint would have been completely different in clean air had you qualified in front. I had the clean air most of the race and plain old blew it. :lol:

I know what you mean. And i must agree. But still it doesn't feel like that. Think you really deserve the win. if you can keep it up with a D1S guy like Bart you just deserve it to win and it would have bin an awesome win for you.

Shame we have to mis you at Indy

The lounge is set for the Snake. (Thanks Mohit)
Mohit, Daniel, Jon and Shawn are already here.

Latest Posts

Back