GTP WRS-Online : Special VI - Motegi Mixed Class Enduro - Aug 5

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 376 comments
I'm joining in a few minutes for warmup!

Have a great race everybody and I hope all will go smooth. Good luck ๐Ÿ‘

Ahhhhh get home to find my internet not working. Thinks its the modem hopefully. Trying to get it sorted :(

EDIT sourced another modem. Hopefully be on in 15 min.

Last edited:
I keep getting disconnected from the server for some reason. Anyway question how much gas do u need to put in a car in order to time it perfectly with the car getting dropped from the jacks?

I keep getting disconnected from the server for some reason. Anyway question how much gas do u need to put in a car in order to time it perfectly with the car getting dropped from the jacks?

15L

I'm opening the A lounge right now. Anyone who joins from this point forward should go directly to A. (GTP_3D3_A). Those of you in the main can start migrating over one by one.

Jon says 15 liters.

Halfway through my 5 minute break.

Came in with the GT lead, followed by Hasslemoff and McFizzle in GT.

Can't see LMP on my screen, but Twissy is the first to lap me every time, I'm sure he leads.

Good luck to everyone. ๐Ÿ‘

Drivers change:

Well, this has been one of my most awful races so far. Not had a good endurance race yet.:indiff:

Going to make the most out of it... just don't know how.

Started last, and finished last. Made to many small mistakes, but happy with my race. Big fun, and happy I still joined last minute ๐Ÿ‘

Great fun guys, was an awesome experience. tup:
I'm quite pleased with my race, but hadn't the pace I was looking for.
2.4 hours racing gets you to make small mistakes, had a spin and a few offs.

Enjoyed every minute of it :)
Thanks to the admins for organising such a great event, I know what huge amount of work that was. :gtpflag:

According to timing and scoring Twissy passed the line at 2:23:59.357, technically 0.65 short, but we're going to call it good because it was such a bang bang decision right there.

Just wanted to point that out before anyone checks and cries foul. We're just going to say that's within our margin of error given there is no crew chief or radio communication to check while you are racing.

How is it that every enduro we have has some weird ending. :lol: I'll be posting full preliminary results a bit later. We could use help verifying the driver change stops and that will have to be done before we declare results official.

Note: I described the issue with my pause in the lounge. I took my stop at 1:28-29 at the last minute. Everything went according to plan and I paused. On getting out of my seat I unknowingly clicked start. Got up turned around and my car was exiting the pits. I managed to drive standing up and pull over in the grass where I paused and waited the remaining 5 minutes. Technically, I should have drove another lap, pitted and served the remaining time. I'll let the other admins make a call, but I certainly didn't benefit from the mistake... when I took off after my pause it took 2 turns to clear the grass off my tires and accelerate. Of course if you penalize me 4:50 X 2 I'll still end up in last so it won't make much difference. :lol:

We could use help verifying the driver change stops and that will have to be done before we declare results official.

Replay checks (if you want to - in no particular order):

Twissy
Pasm
Hydro
Wge
Gooners
WRP

---------------
McFizzle
Speedy
EDK
Noize
Allibubba
Racingworld
Mamba
Hasslemoff
JTV

Just quote this, pick a few and post / cross them off so we don't wind up doubling down unnecessarily.
And of course, you can't verify your own :sly:

I'll start with Twissy, Wes and Pasm ๐Ÿ‘

It's a good thing I didn't take part in the race as I just put my pedals back together again....

I noticed the other day during my qualifying run that the gas pedal was only getting to about 98% throttle, and this was on what was going to be my fastest lap until I slid through the exit of the final corner and blew it. The gas pedal was the reason I had said I didn't think that lap was going to be better.

I also didn't know Speedy wasn't competing so there was no way to watch the action.

Speedy actually jumped in last minute!
I don't think he streamed it though...

He wasn't streaming. Probably due to jumping in at the last minute.

Of course, the only special event I watched was Spa.

What an awesome event, once again ๐Ÿ‘ thanks for organising! And for letting me race without a qualifying lap.

My race was pretty decent. I started off struggling a lot in the race, not feeling entirely comfortable running in the slipstream of 5 raging LMPs. Made a few mistakes but I settled in a bit, already 15 seconds behind Twissy at that point. I got past Tim but then made a mistake and had to try again. After the pit stops I had a fairly long and very close battle with Mohit. He defended well and wasnt affected by the pressure at all. After 2 stints of burning my tires too quickly I decided to go on another strategy. That worked after two stints. Then the driver change was already needed. I couldnt believe I was racing 1:25 hours by that time. It felt like 30 minutes! Then I knew I needed to lengthen my stints from 9 laps to 11 to compensate the earlier short stints. Second to last stop I ran out of fuel just coming off the back straight. With Tim directly on my tail, I couldnt get out of the way but it didnt lead to a big incident ;) The last stint I knew that I had to go for at least 11 laps, depending on where Twissy was at the 2:24 mark. I guess I was lucky that he finished when he did, because the tires were pretty shot. As Noize said, I enjoyed every minute of it :)

Here are the unofficial results:

enduro_motegi_results_unofficial.png

Please note any errors or omissions you might see. And these are unofficial pending simulated driver change checks and incident review.

Overall I had a pretty miserable performance, but a really great time. At least until Wes got caught up in an accident passing me while I was damaged and going slow. I felt bad and waited for him and it was a long wait because he was pinned against wall and traffic was frequent. And I also waited when he went long on the next corner with damage and dirty tires. After that I was pretty much mentally out of the game and just stayed out of the way. I would have finished one lap down, but I let Hydro pass me (blue flag) and then saw another LMP behind. Figured it might be gooners fighting for the last podium spot with 1 lap to go so I just pulled over mid straight and slowed. It was actually twissy completing the race and taking the checkered so I could have at least finished 1 lap down. :dunce:

Pretty amazed and lucky that we had 15 guys in the lounge and almost no lag (that i noticed), no invisible drivers and no DC's. ๐Ÿ‘

I came 0.001 away from my fast lap goal hitting a 1:40.000 on the 2nd to last stint. I had one more stint to do it, but hit a lot of traffic after my pit so didn't even get close. I ran 8 lap stints the entire race, which was a mistake as I could never get fast laps with all the traffic so would have been better off with a slower tune easy on tires. With 9 GT cars on track there was almost never a lap where you could actually go all out.

Last edited:

Twissy
Pasm
Hydro
Wge
Gooners
WRP

---------------
McFizzle
Speedy
EDK
Noize
Allibubba
Racingworld
Mamba
Hasslemoff
JTV

Just quote this, pick a few and post / cross them off so we don't wind up doubling down unnecessarily.

I'll start with Twissy, Wes and Pasm ๐Ÿ‘

noize. JTV, Racingworld, Mamba, Gooners done (Passed inspection)

Al

Last edited:
You shouldn't have waited Tim as I didn't gain anything by it and it was my fault.

Congratulations James and Paul.๐Ÿ‘

I don't really want to talk about my race. But I'm still in the lounge right now and after a few simple changed to the tune the car felt way more stable and still as fast. I thought that wasn't possible. You know, Jenson Button can't drive a car he thinks is unstable fast either.:P
Anyway I'm happy I didn't cause any accident (except for the Tim one but that was weird) and it's the first enduro I completed.:D

This for more of these races to come and a thank you to the ones who helped setting the event up.:cheers:
The event itself went flawless (except for the finish maybe).:P

Twissy ๐Ÿ‘
Pasm ๐Ÿ‘
Hydro
Wge ๐Ÿ‘
Gooners
WRP ๐Ÿ‘

---------------
McFizzle
Speedy
EDK
Noize ๐Ÿ‘
Allibubba
Racingworld ๐Ÿ‘
Mamba ๐Ÿ‘
Hasslemoff
JTV ๐Ÿ‘

I watched Tim's 'attempt' as well - made for a good laugh :lol:
Edit: updated for Al's checks. Thanks Al ๐Ÿ‘

I can check the rest later tonight.

Last edited:
Disappointing race for me as well, had passed Scott and was going well till my car suddenly started consuming too much fuel per lap and had to make two extra pits tops for refueling, even though I had fresh tires. Lesson for next race. Other than that it was fun I didn't really feel as tired as I thought I would infant I think I could have gone an extra hour, so pretty fun race, looking forward to the next one

I have to say my nerves got to me at the beginning. I went off on my first go at turn 3 and dropped myself to last place. The thought of rage quitting occurred to me for a few seconds and then back to the apex's I went. What a waist of my qualifying! Oh well another valuable lesson learned and I have to practice more races in traffic with slipstream on!

I tried to stay predictable for the LMP's, I think I got a little "get out of the way kid" bump on lap 7! Felt like it anyway. After I settled in I tried hard to catch up to no avail.

I want to thank the rest of the 3D3 crew for showing me and the rest of us new stewards really how much work and thought goes into an event such as this! I always knew it was alot of work but really, I had no clue how much work and dedication it took. You guys are amazing!

Here are a few captured moments of this great event!

Al

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_24_edited-1.jpg

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_21_edited-1.jpg

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_26_edited-1.jpg

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_31_edited-1.jpg

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_32_edited-1.jpg

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_34_edited-1.jpg

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_38_edited-1.jpg

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_40_edited-1.jpg

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_41_edited-1.jpg

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_42_edited-1.jpg

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_43_edited-1.jpg

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_37_edited-1.jpg

I watched Tim's 'attempt' as well - made for a good laugh :lol:
Edit: updated for Al's checks. Thanks Al ๐Ÿ‘

I can check the rest later tonight.

Starting on some of these now.

Will start with your and work top down.

Twissy ๐Ÿ‘
Pasm ๐Ÿ‘
Hydro ๐Ÿ‘
Wge ๐Ÿ‘
Gooners
WRP ๐Ÿ‘

---------------
McFizzle
Speedy
EDK
Noize ๐Ÿ‘
Allibubba
Racingworld ๐Ÿ‘
Mamba ๐Ÿ‘
Hasslemoff
JTV ๐Ÿ‘

It's actually bed time now, only had time to check Marc's.

Twissy
Pasm
Hydro
Wge
Gooners
WRP

---------------
McFizzle
Speedy
EDK
Noize
Allibubba
Racingworld
Mamba
Hasslemoff
JTV

McFizzle ๐Ÿ‘
Speedy ๐Ÿ‘
EDK ๐Ÿ‘
Allibubba ๐Ÿ‘
Hasslemoff - lap 33 1h 4'54.2 - 1h 9'45.9 (laptime 2'11.7 - 7'03.5) - 4'51.8

Could someone please double check Paul's pitstop.

Last edited:
First of all I want to apologize to whoever - especially Shawn - was waiting to find a post saying 'Livestream is going up'. :guilty:
I wasn't feeling confident in the car and actually had no intension of racing. Went in the lounge to get some more practice and see how it went, tried Kevins tune but tha didn't really work for me. Went back to Jon's tune and suddenly I found 1 more second per lap + the abbility to control the car on worn tyres. :dunce:

During the race I had quite a few offs and mistakes but still. I felt I was in a distanced and pitstop-wise battle with Mamba. We had a few good battles but I wasn't able to keep myself ahead of him. Luckely for me he ran out of fuel on the second to last lap so I decided to keep running on my worn tyres as the gap to the driver behind me, n0iZe I think, was big enough to hold it.
Shouted 'yes!' seeing the 'checkers' message from James cause I don't know if my leading gap was still big enough to hold my position for another lap as I saw 2 triangles closing in relativily fast.

Very glad I took part and cograts to James and Paul for the wins!

True artist.๐Ÿ‘

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi.jpg

Because James (the one on the left) was travelling at a higher speed he crossed the finish line first which means I only got one lap down and I was in front of Mohit. So I think I should have got 4th.:P
Sorry to make it hard for you, I was mentally exhausted and didn't want to drive another lap.

Last edited:
I had a great time racing with all you guys yesterday. ๐Ÿ‘

The LMP drivers were quite courteous when they came on me before the last chicane or before the esses, the 2 toughest spots for them to make a move. I always tried to keep my moves predictable and demonstrative, I hope I made it easy for all of you without costing myself a lot of time.

I had a very good race, but not a perfect race. (As I'm sure most of you with the exception of Twissy would say). I already had worked out my strategy based on the support race the day prior. I made a couple of very small adjustments to my tune the morning of the race, to help it suit my strategy even more effectively. Mainly, I went with a tighter LSD and a higher final drive (higher top speed with 3400 final) to limit wheel spin and help with rear tire wear, as well as control of the car toward the end of stints.

I determined that 11 lap stints were optimal, although it looks like I would have been better off with 3 stints of 10 laps each.

Early in the race, I managed to overtake McFizzle by around lap 7 or 8, and then IIRC, also got by Hasslemoff by lap 9 or so.

I had a mistake on lap 10, I hit the right side rumble under braking for the esses, and the car spun. That dropped me back to 3rd, and caused me to pit after just 10 hotlaps, at lap 11. It was not the worst thing that could have happened, as it made my stop laps much easier to keep track of.

I managed to get back to first in the pit rotation by the time I took my driver change stop just after the 1 hour mark.

Once everyone cycled through, I ended up back in the GT class lead, which I held until about 15 laps to go.

With 15 to go, the dog decided it would be a good idea to walk past the console and over to my left side, and I was quite concerned about a cable getting pulled out, so I took a moment to tell her to get away. I was on the straight leading up to the second turn complex, and somehow got the car off of a straight line track while dealing with that, kicked onto the right hand rumble under braking, and sailed deep into the sand pit of death.

That lost me 15 seconds and put me back in 3rd. I managed to get past Scott due to pit rotation, and even was concerned about jtv at one point, as he was in second while I was in 3rd before his last pit.

Hasslemoff took his final pit after mine, so had fresher tires and was able to maintain the gap, particularly since I had to deal with the LMP leaders coming through during the second half of the last lap.

You and I seem to have the most epic battles in these enduros, seeing how close we were at Spa and then the same again here. :)

Again, well done by everyone, glad we had no technical issues, everyone was able to finish. Great job by the winners and podium finishers. ๐Ÿ‘

:cheers:
Kevin

Back