GTP WRS-Online : Special VI - Motegi Mixed Class Enduro - Aug 5

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 376 comments
Main lounge is open for pre-race practice. 55 minutes to the 2nd support race. 👍

For those running in Race 2, starting in approximately 51 minutes: I still plan on participating. However, there is some nasty weather headed my way, and I may have to leave unexpectedly (or I may disconnect due to loss of power). I figured I'd warn everyone before anything crazy happens.

Im getting crazy weather too, I see some huge dark clouds headed my way. Hopefully I dont get any loss of power or internet

Having said that, I just lost power so I'll almost likely miss this race unless it comes back, have fun guys.

Last edited:
For what it's worth:
w-g-e
Car: Audi R8 Race Car Playstation '05
Performance points: 696
Power: 680 BHP
Weight: 950 KG
Power limiter: 100%
Ballast: 0 KG
Aerodynamics: 60/105

Gearing:
Too lazy to find out how I got the numbers.

LSD:
Initial torque: 10
Acceleration sensivity: 14
Braking sensivity: 5

Suspension:
Ride height: -22/-25
Spring rate: 15.0/15.0
Dampers (extension): 9/6
Dampers (compression): 6/9
Anti-roll bars: 6/6
Camber angle: 2.0/2.0
Toe angle: 0.00/-0.00

Brake balance: 4/3
ABS: 10
'
Fine tuned LSD.

Nice race by the way.

I did not refuel. Tried to pass you for a number of laps Mamba, when I did you took it right back! Great racing with you! Than noize finally caught up to us, it was such a great experience running with you guys! See you all tomorrow, I am not going to make race #2. Good luck to everyone this evening!

Al

Got disconnected, power loss :ouch:

Weather is getting crazy here too, I'm disappointed that I couldn't finish my second race for tonight.
Hope that at least all goes smooth tomorrow.

Congratz to Twissy and Scott for the class wins today. 👍

Adjusted for formation lap(s) and pit pause:
  • GTP_Twissy ran the 30 LMP race laps in 51'26.483 (vs 51'52.661 in race #1)
  • GTP_mcfizzle ran the 29 GT race laps in 54'45.831 (vs 54'47.229 in race #1)
Fast Laps:
  • GTP_Twissy ran the fastest LMP lap of 1'39.233 (vs best 1'39.631 in race #1)
  • GTP_mcfizzle ran the fastest GT lap of 1'49.760 (vs best 1'49.435 in race #1)

Here are the screen grabs showing finishing order and fast laps:
support2_results_screenshot.jpg

support2_results_timing.jpg

Note: n0ize got DC'd mid race due to weather and Ty had to drop out during pre-race due to real life weather/power issues.

As far as pit strategy, I made 3 pits (8 | 7 | 7 | 8). Not sure about everyone else, but I think the majority did 2 stops.

Good luck tomorrow everyone!

Great racing today.👍 Here's hoping for the same tomorrow. I changed up my gear box for the second race and seemed to have a little more speed. I had the same exact strategy both races, pit on laps 11 and 21. Jon complicated things a little with his one stop strategy in race 2 but it was probably a lap or 2 too long to push and I think I got him on lap 29. No contact for me today and no offs. I hope I can do the same tomorrow. Great job everyone.

Edit: 54.45.831 race 2 vs 54.47.221 race 1 how is that consistency?:D

Sorry for ducking out on the last second, guys. I wasn't going to risk losing several hundred dollars of electronics due to a power surge or be caught in front of a TV if a major storm hit. Fortunately, where I'm as missed out on the worst of the weather.

Sorry for ducking out on the last second, guys. I wasn't going to risk losing several hundred dollars of electronics due to a power surge or be caught in front of a TV if a major storm hit. Fortunately, where I'm as missed out on the worst of the weather.

Smart choice, hopefully see you tomorrow.:cheers:

Nice pics Al. 👍

Can't wait for tomorrow. Plan is done. Practice is done. Nothing left but to drive and enjoy this event that's been a month + in the making.

Have fun guys.

WRP001
Nice pics Al. 👍

Can't wait for tomorrow. Plan is done. Practice is done. Nothing left but to drive and enjoy this event that's been a month + in the making.

Have fun guys.

Hopefully no weather power issues like today

Hopefully no weather power issues like today

Yeah, hope that too, was pretty angry yesterday when the power got cut off, was doing a good second race.
Let's hope that all goes smooth tonight.

Good luck everyone :)

Hey everyone! Yesterday I just returned from my holiday. I wanted to qualify before leaving, but timewise didnt manage to do that. Is it ok for me to drive the LMP car starting at the back of the LMP field? Or should I drive the LMS racer? Given the fact that I ran the first enduro at Spa in the 908 LMP as well. Ive been practicing this afternoon and drove a 1'40.1. Good setup, Wes. 👍 Only a few minor tweaks to get it to where I feel comfortable driving it for 2.4 hours ;)
Im looking forward to the race. Good luck everyone!

You should be able to choose the car you wish to drive in, as neither class is full.

Same overhere, I know it is a bit late and rude, but I have the time to race tonight. Ive done the previous endurro's so I know how things work. If there would be a place and it if it would be allowed I would like to start from the back in the GT. :)

Hey everyone! Yesterday I just returned from my holiday. I wanted to qualify before leaving, but timewise didnt manage to do that. Is it ok for me to drive the LMP car starting at the back of the LMP field? Or should I drive the LMS racer? Given the fact that I ran the first enduro at Spa in the 908 LMP as well. Ive been practicing this afternoon and drove a 1'40.1. Good setup, Wes. 👍 Only a few minor tweaks to get it to where I feel comfortable driving it for 2.4 hours ;)
Im looking forward to the race. Good luck everyone!

Same overhere, I know it is a bit late and rude, but I have the time to race tonight. Ive done the previous endurro's so I know how things work. If there would be a place and it if it would be allowed I would like to start from the back in the GT. :)

Tim is not around, but I will answer you guys.

We should be OK to allow you to race and start from back of grid. That said, I believe we would give precedent to anyone who registered before you, as we are limiting the total grid to 16, we will not have multiple rooms. We currently have several drivers who are registered as reserve, with just 13 confirmed drivers. We normally do it first come first served, based on when people confirm. But I think we've had some confirm without updating their status, Tim would know more about that.

I would suggest you both register now, and register as confirmed if you can assuredly make it. Tim will have the final say on who gets into the race.

Bart, you may want to show up to practice with at least 30 minutes before the race, just so that we can be assured of your comfort level with the LMP car. I have confidence in your driving abilities, but our rule is that everyone needs to demonstrate their control of that car, and we cannot make exceptions, even if you are a long time participating D1 driver.

^^👍

With Bart already on the confirmed list, and Frank joining as well we now stand at 14 confirmed.
16 is the max for this race, so anyone who has forgotten to update their status should do so ASAP so we can be sure of the final driver details.

Like Kevin mentioned though, if any late comers cannot control their car (due to tunes, lack of practice, etc) they may be asked to sit this one out. If you aren't sure of your ability ATM, time for a bit of last minute practice 👍

16 drivers would be amazing!!!!
Speaking of 16 drivers... due to networking issues all drivers should be in the lobby at least 30 minutes before the race start time just in case there are any connection issues that need to be worked out.

Thanks guys, ive registered. Would be heartbreakin' to miss the third enduro.... but if any of the reserve drivers show up and want to drive I would step a side in case this would be needed. In the meantime I will get some latetime practise, just incase I could race :)

Looking at the registration the only driver I think may be racing but is still on reserve is Mamba which will bring us to 15.
I'm not 100% sure though about that, but you look good to go regardless Frank 👍

Practice will take place in the 3D3 main lobby (with mics). We will then move to room 3D3_A (mics disabled) for the race and announce the switch in this thread.

Edit: I'm out until ~ 1 hour before the race. See you all on track :D

Last edited:
:( Torn up about this, but I'll have to miss the race guys. Family stuff has come up.

Good luck to everyone, I know it's going to be great! 👍

Agree 100% with the above replies from Kevin and Marc. All drivers who qualified on time were given time to confirm and were still on reserve so Bart and Frank get the spots. No questions asked at this point. I just got word from Lucas that he cannot make the race so we actually have 3 open spots as we'll allow 16 drivers in this one and we'll race in GTP_3D3_A with mics-disabled. The open spots can be claimed on a first come first serve basis and claim your spot by confirming on the registration form. If the count hits 16 I'll close registration (and submissions are time stamped anyway).

Race Notes:
  • We will open the main lounge (GTP_3D3Racing) for practice about 60 minutes prior to the race.
  • At 20 minutes to race time I will exit that lounge to open the A lounge (GTP_3D3_A). I will post a message here and send a message on PSN to Hydro when the room is ready and then drivers should follow one at a time separated by about a minute. You are free to run practice laps in A as well. When all drivers arrive in the A lounge we will begin the drivers meeting and go over the rules quickly. But everything is explained below or in the details post. If you are unclear on anything ask here or get to the main lounge early where we can use mics to explain.
  • The lap count will be set to 85 laps, but we will not complete all the laps. Be aware that the system will recommend fuel based on 85 laps so it won't be accurate. You can fill to this level to be safe, but you won't be optimizing your strategy. See the quote below for the exact finish procedures.

Information you should review from the details post. All drivers should be sure to understand *all* of this or ask questions in the thread. With mics-disabled we won't have the capability to go over everything again in the lounge.

Rolling Starts By Class

LMP cars will leave the grid first and get into a staggered formation. Pole sitter on left side and alternating all the way back. Target speed is 62 MPH / 100 KPH. GT cars should form up the same way shortly behind. Both fields should close ranks after exiting the final corner on the formation lap. Maintain formation lap speed until the start/finish line when the pole sitter will accelerate to race pace. All other cars should accelerate when the car in front accelerates. There should be no overlap with the car in front of you during the start. The GT pole sitter should time the start to maintain a safe gap to the LMP cars. Ideally, the GT cars would be exiting the final chicane and entering the front straight when the LMP cars are accelerating to race pace at the start/finish line, but error on the side of caution (be further back).
Simulated Driver Change

There will be one mandated (simulated) driver change during the race which must take place in a specified time window. To simulate the change a driver will pause during a regular pit stop for 5 minutes. The time window is long enough that it will throw some interesting dynamics into the race and it will also allow the participants to take a small break during the race for a stretch, drink or a real life pit stop during this challenging event.

Specifics:
  1. To begin the simulated driver change enter the pits as normal during the driver change window (race clock between 1:00:00 to 1:30:00).
  2. Begin the pit stop as normal allowing AI to take over and then selecting tires and added fuel amount and select OK
  3. After that screen is dismissed hit "Start" which will show the options buttons ("resume", "chat", "options" and "exit").
  4. As long as you see those option buttons you will not be released from your pits. Do not click any buttons including chat or you will be released when you dismiss that screen.
  5. The AI will drive the car into your pit stall and begin your normal pit stop. At this point you should be watching the race timer and the crew member with the release flag.
  6. When the flag man raises the release lollipop, your 5 minute wait officially begins.
  7. Note the race clock time (or current lap time) and write it down. Manually add 5 mins and write down this time which is when you can leave the pit.
  8. Take a break, stretch, pat your dog and do whatever else makes you feel refreshed.
  9. After the target time has been reached on the race timer hit start and proceed with the remainder of your race.

Race End

checkered_flag_waving.gif

• At 2.4 hours (2:24:00.000 on the race clock) the "white" flag will be waved.
  • The first time the overall race leader (from the LMP class) passes the finish line after 2.4 hours the checkered flag is waved and the leader's race is over. I.e. the first lap completed after 2.4 hours completes the leaders race. After passing the start/finish line the leader should immediately slow to 50 MPH and announce the checkered flag (press start and type "Checkered Flag"). No car should pass him at any time going forward. Any close finishes at the line will be reviewed with replay for the official results. Note: if in doubt, finish your lap and the results will be reviewed.
  • After the checkered flag is announced all drivers should complete their current lap and their race is finished when they next pass the finish line. They should line up behind the train of cars that have already finished moving at 50 MPH. When the last car passes the start/finish line we will announce race end, record the results and then allow everyone to exit track and save the replay.
  • If you are in the pits beyond the start/finish line when the leader takes the checkered flag you can complete your lap *only* if you can exit pit road before the leader passes the pit exit. You cannot past the leader on the parade lap.

Thanks guys. Indeed I already registered a few weeks ago. I am in the main lounge at the moment and will be there untill we must reconnect to lounge A. I agree that rules are rules and will gladly do a few laps in front of one of the stewards ;)

Im on reserve but I plan on racing. I have to show a car but i should be back way before start time, thats why im still on reserve on the list

That is why I like the WRS so much, nothing but kind people here 👍, Happy to participate my third enduro :)

I'll join warmup in a minute, I just can't resist trying. Don't know if I'll be racing yet...

OK guys, main lounge is open. Enter main lounge until I post here that A is open at about 15 to the hour.

Latest Posts

Back