GTP WRS-Online : Special VI - Motegi Mixed Class Enduro - Aug 5

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 376 comments
Some sort of GT Academy Denial? :lol:
OK - maybe not the Full course - I'll allow for that :D

Yep, what he doesn't realize is that there are exactly 3 important combinations of turns that he has not yet taken. He knows most of the difficult turns already, and I would even go so far as to say the the East course is probably more difficult than the full. It was a great choice for the Academy.

Tim, you basically have to learn turns 1, 2/3 and the (Last) Chicane. And you have to remember not to take that right hand turn onto the East course after "90 Degree" corner. By the way, that's the funniest looking right angle I've ever seen. :lol:

The east course is made with the lower of the 2 gray connectors in this image below, effectively connecting turns 11 and 3, while bypassing the chicane and 1/2.

800px-Twin_Ring_Motegi_map-2.svg.png

Last edited:
Glad to know that the experience from GTA will carry over well. 👍

I'm so itching to drive the R8 at this track. 15 days and counting. :sly:

So the Audi R8 LMS will be CALM spec I see... Meaning I don't need to change its spec and will have a slight advantage :D.

So the Audi R8 LMS will be CALM spec I see... Meaning I don't need to change its spec and will have a slight advantage :D.

Certainly won't hurt to come in with all that experience in the car and I'm sure a pretty decent tune. Looking forward to seeing you on track. 👍

My schedule prevented me from running the last couple CALM races, however this event is conveniently placed to work with my schedule. There are advantages to be an organizer. :sly: Hopefully more of the PURE crew will follow you and join us... always good to race with you guys although it does tend to reduce my chances at a podium finish. :lol:

PS> I hope Biffy comes out to defend his WRS-OE LMP enduro title.

My setup is ok but I'm not the best tuner in the world. What I do know is the R8 can be very good on tyres if driven carefully/smoothly but if not the rears disapear pretty fast and your left skating around :ill:. (I had this situation a few times lol)

Obviously a good tune would no doubt fix that :P.

Was puttin' the right set up on the R8 '01, with my power limitir on 85.3%, I have 693pp wich gives me 711pk..... No turbo's switched on, but I do have the racing exhaust on wich I can not remove. What am I doing wrong here ?

I do have to add, I have over 7k km on this car and I just had a engine and chassis maintance.

Was puttin' the right set up on the R8 '01, with my power limitir on 85.3%, I have 693pp wich gives me 711pk..... No turbo's switched on, but I do have the racing exhaust on wich I can not remove. What am I doing wrong here ?

I do have to add, I have over 7k km on this car and I just had a engine and chassis maintance.

Did you add ballast of 50 KG?

: LMP
Car Type: Standard
Make: Audi
Model: R8 Race Car '01
Performance Points: 688 PP (w/max aero: max aero= 60/85)
Power: 680 HP Maximum (85.3% power with allowed upgrades after full break in)
Weight: 950 KG Minimum (950 KG = Stock Weight + 50 KG Ballast)

I have exactly the same problem

I have exactly the same problem

Did you add ballast of 50 KG?

Was Mohit right guys?
I can double check the specs a bit later, but it does sound like the '01's weight is stock, which is incorrect.
Moving the 50 KG ballast does create a +/- 1 PP scenario but it is at 688 when the car is balanced to 50/50.

Was Mohit right guys?
I can double check the specs a bit later, but it does sound like the '01's weight is stock, which is incorrect.
Moving the 50 KG ballast does create a +/- 1 PP scenario but it is at 688 when the car is balanced to 50/50.

I did put the ballast. 50kg in position 50

On the Audi R8 LMS '09 I am having the same problems, 599pp would be without full aero package, now I am on 607pp wich gives me 562pk.

Both cars have thousends of kms on the counter...

I'll check the spec guys.
The LMS car is stock with full aero, break in (if necessary) and oil change.
Remember too, NA HP is not the same as BHP. BHP is higher IIRC. What's pk?

I'll check the spec guys.
The LMS car is stock with full aero, break in (if necessary) and oil change.
Remember too, NA HP is not the same as BHP. BHP is higher IIRC. What's pk?

Pk is the transalation of HP in dutch... sorry for using that, but it is what i see on my screen all the time, :)

The LMS car was listed wrong. Sorry guys, it looks like the totals for that car didn't include the oil change. I also don't have any kms on either model so far... Perhaps they need breaking in. All are 1/0/0 cars so they came from prizes or the OCD.
Gt specs are updated to: 555 HP / 1300 kg/ 607 PP. - but I'll double check after I've broken one in.

Both of my '01 LMP cars match the listed specs, but they have zero kms on them. Our online testing didn't involve any race laps :dunce: I'll break them in to see if it changes the HP / pl / pp figures. The target HP will still be 680.

My '05 LMP does match specs exactly, and is the only car that is over 300 kms.

Looks like I have quite a bit of breaking in to do....I'll post the updated specs tomorrow. Indy 500 here I come. ....

Last edited:
No problem, sorry for the confusion. I can't believe none of my cars have been used at all, outside of practice laps - except the '05 LMP. Weird.

Thanks for the heads up too Jayoh, just got your PSN mssg 👍

One thing is for sure, this is gonna be a fun track to race on. Took both cars out for a spin, running them without tunning except for the tranny. Both cars are handling fine on this track in my opinion, maybe with enough practise I would be able to run the LMP class, as it is a lot of fun with this 'monster'.

So WRP hasnt put the R8 LMS in Calm spec which is PL to 522bhp... Damn

Calm spec is 522bhp 599pp.

So WRP hasnt put the R8 LMS in Calm spec which is PL to 522bhp... Damn

Calm spec is 522bhp 599pp.

Not a chance :)
We like the LMS as-is, and really only limited the LMP to make it a bit easier to handle over the 2 + hours. And to lessen the unbelievable passing advantage.

For the record, we don't really follow anyone's specs. We had tried the LMP class at RL spec but got bored really fast :lol:

*shakes fist* :P Oh well I start at 0 like everyone else then :lol:.

I got my '01 LMP up to 500 Km, so I'd say it's officially broken in 👍
Here's the stats:
680 HP
82.7% power limiter
950 KG - unchanged
689 PP

OP is updated, as well as my previous post.

*shakes fist* :P Oh well I start at 0 like everyone else then :lol:.
:lol: I guess that's one way of looking at it, but will the 33 HP increase really change the car much?
I have a feeling that when we setup the original specs we considered the CALM specs though and just filled them in rather than leave them blank. Too much of a coincidence that the specs matched.

Between the cars being in the OCD and Motegi being released when it was, this has to be the quickest we've ever setup an event. We're lucky we spelled Motegi right in the OP :D

Last edited:
I updated the OP with these Car Spec pictures.

audir8lms.gif
audir8racecar.gif

Doing these, finally it came to me why there's a difference in hp between EU and US.
It's not HP vs BHP. :mischievous:

Drumroll...

It's SAE HP vs DIN HP. :D

http://www.mydreamvillainflorida.be/art/nl-horsepower.html

Link translation
Hp SAE, DIN hp

There are two differences between DIN and SAE horsepower. The first difference relates to the basic units to which the data is measured. An SAE horsepower is the force required to lift 550 pound a foot for one second, or 33,000 pounds per foot per minute. A (metric) DIN hp on the other hand, is the force required to lift 75 kg one meter for one second. For the same force is the SAE hp therefore 98.629% of the DIN hp. The comparable formula is 100 SAE hp = 101.42 DIN hp.

Now that I know, I finally have inner peace. :sly:
:lol:

PS: This is the more complicated explanation on Wiki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsepower

Speedy I think your game is broken. My car definitely doesn't have one vermogen, let alone 690 packets of them.;) And how do you fit 950kg of gewichts in a car along with the driver?::boggled::D

I was tempted to give Speedy an infraction:

AUP
You will post all messages in English.

我只是开个玩笑而已 :lol:

:lol: Very funny, wiseguys. :P

I don't have any credits or cars on my NTSC game save to make the images in English. :yuck:

:lol: We're the international racing league now! Drie divisie drie FTW!

I'll shop in HP values along side pk to save us any future confusion, and keep Speedy in good standing with the Mods ;)
I went to GT auto and asked for some gewichts and they gave me the finger :(

Going to go in the 3D3 lounge for a bit of testing, tunning and driving around Motegi if anyone is interested in about 10 minutes..

Back