GTP WRS-Online : Special VI - Motegi Mixed Class Enduro - Aug 5

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 376 comments

120805_enduro_practice.png

You may wanna fix this ;). (Alli's time)

You may wanna fix this ;). (Alli's time)

Thanks will do... And Al will be in trouble for posting in a foreign language. :lol: Also noticed that Hasslemoff's time had a character off which messed up those splits. All corrected and will be updated with the next image refresh.

PS> Just noticed that Bart registered! 👍 The LMP field is looking pretty daunting. I've been trying to recruit T-L and I think Aderrrm might run too. I may go with the GT class. :sly:

Last edited:
Also noticed that Hasslemoff's time had a character off which messed up those splits. All corrected and will be updated with the next image refresh.

Oops sorry :cheers:

Thank you WRP001 for the information. I have sent FR to the required parties, filled out both support & endurance registers (cause I don't work Mondays) & I'm going to go with the GT class :)

It doesn't need to be in our 'official lobby' Chris. But it does need to be an online lap with all the regs setup correctly.
If you are chasing your ghost I'm guessing you've been running offline?
Most drivers never practice for races offline due to the offline/online physics differences.

Ok cool, I'll do that next time I have a session, had to put a couple of hour into the new TT on my last stint.

I've only run this one offline so far, wanted to get comfortable with the track as I'd never driven it before.

Thanks will do... And Al will be in trouble for posting in a foreign language. :lol: Also noticed that Hasslemoff's time had a character off which messed up those splits. All corrected and will be updated with the next image refresh.

PS> Just noticed that Bart registered! 👍 The LMP field is looking pretty daunting. I've been trying to recruit T-L and I think Aderrrm might run too. I may go with the GT class. :sly:

Great news to have a field full of aliens! I missed the mistake I made. What was it so I don't do it again?

Al

Going in lounge for some practice for a while if anyone would like to join.

Sorry Twissy last night got DC'd and called it a night.

Heres my tune for the R8 LMS Race Car (Team PlayStation) '09 if anyone wants to have a try with it, I got a 49.3 with it up to now.

Setup:

Max aero

Suspension
-28/-17
16.8/18.0
8/8
7/5
6/5
1.8/1.6
-0.20/-0.02

LSD
8/24/11

Brakes
3/1
ABS 5

Transmission

I've messed around with the tranny a bit so I dont if you will get the exact figures.

I think I took max speed to 124 first then lowered final gear to 2.257. Then alter the gears individual.

1st: 4.959
2nd: 3.647
3rd: 2.940
4th: 2.440
5th: 2.054
6th: 1.799
Final: 2.257

Max speed in top right corner 183mph

Hope it helps.

Are u using any chasis reinforcement ?

Thank you WRP001 for the information. I have sent FR to the required parties, filled out both support & endurance registers (cause I don't work Mondays) & I'm going to go with the GT class :)

👍 Stephen, you are all set and your name is now listed in the driver registration image. Hydro (Marc) is going to accept your friend request next time he logs in. I've already added you to the 3d3 database so you are set to go and for future events you only need to fill out individual event registrations and the rest is automated.

Feel free to drop in the lounges anytime. We never log into PSN using those lounge accounts so you won't see the indicator that they are online, but if you go to the lounge and click on it you'll see if there are people in there. Like I said earlier, watch the threads and people usually post when they are setting up the lounge for an informal practice and a steward will always post when the lounge is setup for an official race or practice. Feel free to open up the lounge yourself as well.

Also check out our weekly events. I'll be missing this week, but hope to see you on track starting next week. As a matter of fact, the main lounge is open for practice for the weekly event right right now! Race tomorrow and it's not too late to sign up.

Official practice is open in the main lounge! :)

I just realized I made a major screw up when posting my practice times in the LMP car.

It's been such a long time since I ran an online event in GT5 (since the last Enduro actually). I was running the laps in offline mode. :dopey: So you can add another 1+ seconds I would guess to my posted time.

I'll have to run some new times in my lounge and repost. My setup is probably no good also.

Sorry about that guys.:guilty:

I just realized I made a major screw up when posting my practice times in the LMP car.

It's been such a long time since I ran an online event in GT5 (since the last Enduro actually). I was running the laps in offline mode. :dopey: So you can add another 1+ seconds I would guess to my posted time.

I'll have to run some new times in my lounge and repost. My setup is probably no good also.

Sorry about that guys.:guilty:

No problem Blair, it's just a practice reference time...but you did scare a few of us into thinking you've leapfrogged into D1 territory ;)

No problem Blair, it's just a practice reference time...but you did scare a few of us into thinking you've leapfrogged into D1 territory ;)

Just did some more laps, online this time.

Did a 1'41.284 after just ten laps, changed the ride height, brake balance and tweaked 2nd gear a little. This setup works pretty good online, I think 1'40.xxxs are possible with some more practice.

I love the way this car drives. :)

Updated my registration to reflect which car(s) I'm going to be using if I participate in any of the races.

Edit: As for my post about needing to break them in, I guess I got them from the OCD when they were in it last summer so I'm good to go on that part as well.

Last edited:
Updated me registration with me taking a seat in the R8 LMS race car (team playstation) '09

Now just need to break her in & get a tune that's going to be competitive.

Edit: Ran the new girl in & omg, can she handle the road smoothly :sly: Anyway, ran 10 laps after break-in & oil change & clocked a 1'48.952 using Hasslemoff's tune 👍 with a little twigging of my own.

Last edited:
Mignun
Updated me registration with me taking a seat in the R8 LMS race car (team playstation) '09

Now just need to break her in & get a tune that's going to be competitive.

Edit: Ran the new girl in & omg, can she handle the road smoothly :sly: Anyway, ran 10 laps after break-in & oil change & clocked a 1'48.952 using Hasslemoff's tune 👍 with a little twigging of my own.

How many laps to break in?

How many laps to break in?
Break in is about 200 miles / 320 KMs. 80 Laps of the Indy 500 B-sepc will do it, just don't quit when the car is in the pits or the break in doesn't count. It takes about an hour.

Hydro
Break in is about 200 miles / 320 KMs. 80 Laps of the Indy 500 B-sepc will do it, just don't quit when the car is in the pits or the break in doesn't count. It takes about an hour.

We need to put that in our sig. :lol: or make and online FAQ for our sub forum.

Not to mention that the cars from the OCD don't require breaking in.

Sometimes they do, I have no idea if it's consistent though.
Our testing for this event was thrown off due to the fact that I bought the LMP's new, and ran them online in practice mode only.
Only when others couldn't match my specs did I realize the cars needed breaking in.

Hydro
Sometimes they do, I have no idea if it's consistent though.
Our testing for this event was thrown off due to the fact that I bought the LMP's new, and ran them online in practice mode only.
Only when others couldn't match my specs did I realize the cars needed breaking in.

AFAIK, the only time Standard cars require break in is if they are obtained from a ticket, or as prize cars. The LMS and '05 are definitely obtainable as prize cars.

AFAIK, the only time Standard cars require break in is if they are obtained from a ticket, or as prize cars. The LMS and '05 are definitely obtainable as prize cars.

That's what I thought as well. I have a prize car LMS R8 that needs breaking in, but the other one is at full specs - also a 0/0 car. - quite literally a WT heck? moment!

Both of my 01 LMP's are new though (from OCD last month) and both needed breaking in :odd:
I'm not sure what is up TBH.
Edit: I'm going to check the OCD listings tonight against cars I have that are broken in just to see if I've gone crazy :lol:

My experience and understanding regarding breaking in standard cars is the same as yours, Ren.

That's what I thought as well. I have a prize car LMS R8 that needs breaking in, but the other one is at full specs - also a 0/0 car. - quite literally a WT heck? moment!

Both of my 01 LMP's are new though (from OCD last month) and both needed breaking in :odd:
I'm not sure what is up TBH.
Edit: I'm going to check the OCD listings tonight against cars I have that are broken in just to see if I've gone crazy :lol:
I can confirm you've not gone crazy.;)

Back