GTP WRS-Online : Special VI - Motegi Mixed Class Enduro - Aug 5

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 376 comments
Thanks for all the useful tips, Tim 👍

I really have to learn how to calculate fuel, maybe tonight I will do some testing.
I hope to be well rested for the race and stay as clean as I can.

As was said above, run a stint in practice mode (e.g. 10 laps) and then come into the pits and see how much fuel the system wants to put in the car (in practice mode they will always want to fill it up to 100L). That will give your average fuel consumption per lap. Remember to count the out-lap so come in after finishing your 9th timed lap. If the system wants to put in 40 liters you know your average fuel used per lap is 4L. Plan accordingly from there.

I'm getting 3.1L/lap.

Yah, me to... but in the LMP car.

The GT class will be different of course. Also it will vary by driver and tune a little... maybe not significant... but I've seen races where two guys followed the same fuel strategy and one guy ran out of fuel and another didn't (the spa support race is a good example) so a small difference can end up changing the result.

In fact, if I remember correctly, in one of the support races for the Spa enduro where I was trying to chase down PASM (who was running in the GT class for that race) I actually had to back off the last 3-4 laps to conserve fuel so I wouldn't run out... some other guys ran out in the final lap and I made it by a whisker.

So you can save fuel with your approach to the lap, but rarely would that pay off except in a scenario where you have to stretch it out and have no choice. I would have been much better off putting in 3-5 additional liters and being able to push until the end. Lesson learned... don't cut the fuel calculation too tight... the risk is not worth it.

i wrote in for the motegi endurance, and what do i have to now?

Hi zandvoort,

now all you have to do is the qualification for your picked class (LMP quali window already closed) and practice. :)

I remind you that we will race support races on the day prior, so that would also be a good test.

Also see some tips in this thread from WRP and the other guys.
There is always someone here to help you with any questions.

Cheers 👍

zandvoort
i wrote in for the motegi endurance, and what do i have to now?

Please read the entire registration post. You attempted to register with a non GTP PSN account (and all such registrations are ignored by the system) so I suspect you haven't read the details. First step is to join the official GTP registry. If you haven't done that you are not eligible for this race or other WRS Online events until you do so.

I have done the registration again, i hope it worked out well this time.

greetings Henk.

Welcome Henk.

From the GTP WRS-Online : Comprehensive Guide:

So you want to race online in an official WRS-Online Event? Great, follow these steps:

1. Join the Official GTP_Registry
    • If you are not listed in the official registry you must submit your qualifier before proceeding to step 2.
    • See the GTP_Registry Qualifier - GT5 for complete instructions on how to run and submit your registry qualifier.
    • Once your registry qualifier is submitted and processed you be listed in the registry with a division and handicap and you can proceed to step 2.
  2. Fill out the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form
  3. Send a PSN friend request from your GTP tag PSN account to each of our private lounge accounts: GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A, GTP_3D3_B
  4. Review the GTP OLR Rules & Guidelines
  5. Check the individual event threads and join us for practices and races and have fun. 👍 (each event will have it's own google registration form -- see individual event thread for details)

So you registered with a GTP tag (GTP_Melody96) and you filled out the 3d3 driver registration form. That's step 2. However, I don't see GTP_Melody96 listed in the Official GTP_Registry which is the first step above. If you aren't on the registry you will need to run the qualifier first... see the link in the quote above. If that's the case you won't have time to make this event, but if you work on your registry qualifier and getting listed in the registry now you'll be set for our next special event (in September) and all our weekly events.

Last edited:
The main lounge is being used for Nurb 24hr practice so I've set up the B lounge (GTP_3D3_B) for Motegi practice. Come in and join if you want. I probably will only be on for about 45-60 minutes, but some of the guys in the main are coming here after.

*** The B Lounge is close for qualifying ***

Please do not enter until I update this message.

UPDATE: Quali complete. Nice run Jon.

I'm out for the night. Not sure how long the lounge is going to be open, but there were still a few guys in there when I left.

Last edited:
As I will not have time enough to practise/qualify, I have redrawn from this enduro (with pain in my heart). But I know for sure more of these awsome events will follow...

As I will not have time enough to practise/qualify, I have redrawn from this enduro (with pain in my heart). But I know for sure more of these awsome events will follow...

See you next time!

Al

Just a note. The main lounge will be in use for the weekly race all day today. If you want to practice for the Motegi Enduro feel free to use the B lounge (GTP_3D3_B).

Just a note. The main lounge will be in use for the weekly race all day today. If you want to practice for the Motegi Enduro feel free to use the B lounge (GTP_3D3_B).

I'm in room B running some practice laps in a bit. Hopefully qualify tonight if any stewards are available later on, I should be in there for about an hour til about 10:30pm BST.

mcfizzle
I'm in B right now.

Its kicked me of psn. Wont let me sign back in yet :(

Edit: Its working again ill be there in a bit.

Its kicked me of psn. Wont let me sign back in yet :(

Edit: Its working again ill be there in a bit.

Same thing happened to me and it's been doing that more frequently the last couple days???

I had an issue with PSN when I went to my other account. I ended up switching back to my GTP account and it was signing in without any problem after that.

I think it's time for some PSN maintenance.

I think it's time for some PSN maintenance.

Wasn't it just down the other week for 16hrs for exactly that? Like IT in a big company, they make things worse before making them better:idea:

*** The B Lounge is close for qualifying ***

Please do not enter until I update this message.

Stunning Lap Paul, very very nice indeed.

Last edited:
Sorry for taking off on you Jon. I thought Hasslemoff was a steward and could watch your run and I had to take off before you returned. I hope you still have time to get a run in.:guilty:

Sorry for taking off on you Jon. I thought Hasslemoff was a steward and could watch your run and I had to take off before you returned. I hope you still have time to get a run in.:guilty:

Jon already qualified anyway. 👍

Looks like the cars for this weekend just became available again in the OCD. 👍

LOBBY CLOSED FOR QUALIFYING!

I will come back and re open when we are finished.

Al

Lobby is open again for practice. Nice qualifying Sean (GTP_orsche)

Last edited:
I'm in main, available for qualifying if needed.

Edit: has anyone notice performance differences and tune compatability between the Team Playstation LMS and the normal LMS? I'm in normal and I and struggling to get any sort of speed. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Wasn't it just down the other week for 16hrs for exactly that? Like IT in a big company, they make things worse before making them better:idea:

Wait ... aren't they in fact IT in a big company??? :banghead:

No, it's not like I'm still upset about getting DC'ed in the Grip Meister race or anything.

I've been busy and have really put off too much for this event.

I've changed a couple of things with respect to my support race registration. I'm still confirmed for race 1, but now will run GT. I'm now reserve for race 2, with LMP.

I'm going to attempt to finalize a tune and qualify for GT tonight. If I'm reasonably successful at that, I probably will stick with GT for the main race on Sunday.

Back