GTP WRS-Online : Special VI - Motegi Mixed Class Enduro - Aug 5

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 376 comments
EDK
I've been busy and have really put off too much for this event.

I've changed a couple of things with respect to my support race registration. I'm still confirmed for race 1, but now will run GT. I'm now reserve for race 2, with LMP.

I'm going to attempt to finalize a tune and qualify for GT tonight. If I'm reasonably successful at that, I probably will stick with GT for the main race on Sunday.

Lucas, that means we really need you in the enduro to round out the LMP field to 6. Hopefully you will confirm your registration. It's looking like there will be up to 10 open slots for GT drivers at this point after several of the LMP drivers have defected to GT. Funny because usually people are competing to get into the LMP class and only go to GT in order to make "room A". Every event brings it's own surprises.

I'm hoping some of the reserve drivers confirm by Saturday at Noon pacific. At that point if there are more than 16 confirmed we'll take the fastest GT qualifying times to fill the field. If there are less than 16 then all confirmed drivers will get spots on the grid and the reserves will fill remaining spots on a first come first serve basis.

Note: Qualifying for the GT class closes tonight:

Qualifying Deadlines

GT Class

Thursday August 2nd (10:00 PM Pacific)

img.php

Post to this thread when you are ready to have a steward observe your run.

I'll be in the lounge for my second practice (getting my 3rd lap in) in about 1.5hours from now.

See if I can get some decent times on a decent tune. :scared:

Lucas, that means we really need you in the enduro to round out the LMP field to 6. Hopefully you will confirm your registration. It's looking like there will be up to 10 open slots for GT drivers at this point after several of the LMP drivers have defected to GT. Funny because usually people are competing to get into the LMP class and only go to GT in order to make "room A". Every event brings it's own surprises.

I'll get creative and be there(Sat & Sun). 👍

I should be in the lounge around 7pm PT tonight for practice and watching quali's.

Headed to the lounge for practice and to qualify anyone if they want to.

Al

*** The Main Lounge is close for qualifying ***

Please do not enter until I update this message.

Well done Ty, very nice looking lap.

Last edited:
I'm in main, available for qualifying if needed.

Edit: has anyone notice performance differences and tune compatability between the Team Playstation LMS and the normal LMS? I'm in normal and I and struggling to get any sort of speed. Thanks for the help.

Any resolution on this? Obviously if the non PlayStation one can't keep up every driver is free to switch to the PlayStation livery (regardless of which you used to qualify). Luckily it's in the OCD right now so there is no problem getting the car.

That seems to be what happened in the LMP class. We're almost back to a PS livery race... which is what Marc recommended in the first place... my bad Marc, sorry about that. :lol:

*** The Main Lounge is close for qualifying ***

Please do not enter until I update this message.

Well done Speedy, nice timing on the PB 👍

Last edited:
I'm in main, available for qualifying if needed.

Edit: has anyone notice performance differences and tune compatability between the Team Playstation LMS and the normal LMS? I'm in normal and I and struggling to get any sort of speed. Thanks for the help.

It really shouldn't matter Scott. With the LMP's it will, as they are different cars altogether.
The LMS is the same car, just different liveries / paint. Several other series have used them and there is no apparent difference in performance or lap times.
At this point the PS vs non-PS car differences are possibly just psychological.

Oddly, the LMP class was within 2 seconds over 10 lap tests with the 01 at 920 kg and ran virtually identical quali tests, but no one used it. I like the 01 more than the PS 05 version, but the PS version looks way cooler :D and was the car I planned to use from the start.

Thanks guys. I will be qualifying tonight, probably last hour if possible since I can't get my wife away from the Olympics.

There's too many damn Speedo's, Scott. That's the problem.

Joining the lounge soon, I see Mamba there already....

*** Main lounge is closed for qualifying ***

Don't enter until I update this message.

UPDATE: Lounge is open. Nice run Kevin.

Last edited:

UPDATE: Lounge is open. Nice run Al.

Last edited:
My tune for the LMS Playstation -

RH 0/0
Springs 15.0/19.0
Damp Ext 2/3
Damp Comp 2/3
ARB 6/5
Camber 2.0/1.2
Toe 0.0/+0.25

LSD 10/14/12

Aero = Max

BB 3/1 (ABS 10)

Trans

Final Far Right

Top Speed Far Left

Set

Final = 3500

UPDATE: Lounge Open. Nice run mamba!

Guys, there are 30 minutes left to qualify for the GT class.

Last edited:

UPDATE: Room is open. Nice run Scott

Only 5 minutes left to qualify.

Last edited:
Here are the qualifying results for the GT class:

enduro_motegi_gt_qualifying.png

Congratz to Hasslemoff for the fastest qualifying position. 👍 He's on reserve for the enduro so for now Scott (mcfizzle) is on the preliminary pole, but Hasslemoff will take that spot if he confirms.

There were a few guys that failed to qualify. They are welcome to qualify late, but will start behind anyone who met the deadline regardless of time.

A couple notes. Now that everyone has qualified I'd like anyone who ran qualifying for both classes to declare for one class (for the enduro). You are welcome to race the other class in the support race, but we have to nail down the grids for the enduro.

Also now that qualification is over we're planning to host some practices tomorrow (Friday August 3rd). The format will be 8-10 lap races (hopefully mixed class) with some practice rolling starts and some free run mixed in. We'll focus mostly on racing since we've had pleanty of free run time. Look for the lounge to be open at the following times and stay open as long as demand warrants.

EU: 19:00 GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific
NA/East: 7:00 PM Eastern / 4:00 PM Pacific
NA/West: 11:30 PM Eastern / 8:30 PM Pacific​

Also feel free to open the lounge at any time. We'll try and keep the races to under 15 minutes so anyone joining can drive without too much of a wait.

Last edited:
i am waiting for the response for my friend requist on psn, then i can qualifying.

Greetings Henk

Last edited:
Welcome Henk.

From the GTP WRS-Online : Comprehensive Guide:

So you want to race online in an official WRS-Online Event? Great, follow these steps:

1. Join the Official GTP_Registry
    • If you are not listed in the official registry you must submit your qualifier before proceeding to step 2.
    • See the GTP_Registry Qualifier - GT5 for complete instructions on how to run and submit your registry qualifier.
    • Once your registry qualifier is submitted and processed you be listed in the registry with a division and handicap and you can proceed to step 2.

So you registered with a GTP tag (GTP_Melody96) and you filled out the 3d3 driver registration form. That's step 2. However, I don't see GTP_Melody96 listed in the Official GTP_Registry which is the first step above. If you aren't on the registry you will need to run the qualifier first... see the link in the quote above. If that's the case you won't have time to make this event, but if you work on your registry qualifier and getting listed in the registry now you'll be set for our next special event (in September) and all our weekly events.
As we already mentioned. You're missing a couple of steps.

Thanks to Kevin for the posted tune.👍 I was struggling with times and car control before he posted it and it made a world of difference for me.

Me on pole :confused:. A great time to get my personal best lap :).
I was running steady high 49's in practice then that lap came out of nowhere.

I keep forgeting about BST and GMT time and I got the timetable for sunday so I should be back well in time for sunday's race.

Thanks to Kevin for the posted tune.👍 I was struggling with times and car control before he posted it and it made a world of difference for me.

Yep I like Kevin's tune's to, I normally use them but he posted it late this time :sly:.

:cheers: Never a problem, glad I could help. Although it was a little rude of you to pip me by a tenth. :sly:

Me on pole :confused:. A great time to get my personal best lap :).
I was running steady high 49's in practice then that lap came out of nowhere.

I keep forgeting about BST and GMT time and I got the timetable for sunday so I should be back well in time for sunday's race.

Yep I like Kevin's tune's to, I normally use them but he posted it late this time :sly:.

Would you believe I started on the tune an hour before I entered the room to qualify?

I was reasonably confident that the TT experience in the YellowHat Supra was going to let me get up to speed quickly. I had previously run about 10 laps with this car on the default setup.

I went to Route X to tune the transmission and establish shift point. Then went into my lobby to set the suspension, LSD, and BB. Again, learned a lot about tuning for the track in the Supra, so did not take me long to build one I was happy with. Got one lap in the 49's before going over to 3D3, then ran 5 or 6 laps until my next 49.

Ran 2 49's in quali, my first about 0.150 slower than my quali lap.

It actually got me thinking of a cool challenge that could be run. Reveal the car and track 1 hour before race start, send everyone to go set a tune, then go racing. I might not get many takers on that. :P

The sad part of that qualifying run from me was the fact that I pulled a second and a half out of nowhere and I still ended up last. :lol: But I'm not really worried about it; I'm just going to focus on making clean laps and try to have a clean race.

I hope to hear that it al worked out good.

gr. Henk

Henk,

The way you filled out our registration form is not the problem. You did that fine. The problem is that you don't satisfy the primary pre-requisite to take part in this race:

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

What that means is you have to be listed in the official GTP_Registry and you are NOT. If you want to get listed you need to run the qualifier for the registry. That's not the same as the qualifer for this event.

To make the story short here is the situation:
  1. You cannot take part in this event since you are not on the registry
  2. You will not have time to complete the registry qualifier before this event is run
  3. However, you can work on your registry qualifier now, submit it within the next week and take part in our next event

So, please read the following thread, and follow all instructions: GTP_Registry Qualifier - GT5

After you've finished with that qualifier and submitted your times then you have a one to two week wait for your time to be submitted and your division/handicap to be assigned. After you are processed and have your division assignment THEN you can register for our events and your name will be recognized.

Cheers. I'm sure this isn't the news you were looking for. However, we are going to run a very fun enduro event in September also and you have plenty of time to get set up correctly before then and get listed in the registry. But you have to read and follow instructions.

-Tim

EDK
My tune for the LMS Playstation -

RH 0/0
Springs 15.0/19.0
Damp Ext 2/3
Damp Comp 2/3
ARB 6/5
Camber 2.0/1.2
Toe 0.0/+0.25

LSD 10/14/12

Aero = Max

BB 3/1 (ABS 10)

Trans

Final Far Right

Top Speed Far Left

Set

Final = 3500

Nice tune Kev, I think I understand some of the numbers on there except for the dampers. Why are they so low on your tune. I'm trying to wrap my head around tuning so next time I know how to tweak the setup myself instead of waiting for someone post on here. Cheers

I'm trying to wrap my head around tuning so next time I know how to tweak the setup myself instead of waiting for someone post on here. Cheers

Good goal... I've been here for 15 months and I still wait around for someone to post a tune. I can tweak a few things, but to make a tune from scratch I'm a complete :dunce:. A tuning leach I be. Thankfully, we have a very generous group of drivers who share their tunes and allow guys like me to compete.

Good goal... I've been here for 15 months and I still wait around for someone to post a tune. I can tweak a few things, but to make a tune from scratch I'm a complete :dunce:. A tuning leach I be. Thankfully, we have a very generous group of drivers who share their tunes and allow guys like me to compete.

👍 👍 👍

I'm the same, helpless without a tune and waiting for the generosity of others. My goal is also to start tuning myself, but I've been saying that since the Spa Enduro.:dunce: I was reading Ramon's thread in the TT forum earlier. Does most of what he wrote apply to online settings or do we throw all that info out when it comes to online? I know for sure ride height info applies to offline only.

Back