GTP WRS-Online : Special VII - Le Mans Dream Car Enduro - Sept 9

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 499 comments
Hmm.....strange, my connection worked fine the whole race, didn't see anybody lagging. Sorry if I caused any trouble guys.

That would be normal, the people who have the lag, do not see anything happen, but you said yourself you're tyres where melting like ice for the sun... that's because you had permanent wheelspin o n them, as cause of the lag....

Here is my race report after watching the whole replay.

My race went almost as i was planned. On the 3rd pitstop i took too little gasoline and that caused me to make only 6 laps stint when i was planned to make 7 laps. So my last stint was 8 laps instead of planned 7 laps. I made four pitstops. Stints were 6,6,7,6 and 8 laps.

Also funny thing happened on driver change pitstop (3rd). I was so excited to continue the race that i forgot to put my headphones on my head. I noticed that just after i exit from the pit and i was wondering why all sound wasn't normal. Managed to put my headphones back to my head on the Mulsanne straight without losing control of the car :)

I made only one mistake (lose control of the car, runing wide,etc) during the race on 1st lap at the Mulsanne Kink (T4) hairpin corner where i was behind mcfizzle and he started breaking little early (or i was late breaking) and i have go little wide on left to sand to void hitting mcfizzle and lose control of the car and spun. Luckily i didn't hit anybody and nobody was hitting me.
1st and 2nd pitstop i took too much gasoline and maybe that's why i took then too little gasoline on 3rd pitstop.

My ranking went during the race from 12th to 3rd.

Last 11 laps was little boring when i was on my own at 5th. I had 10 sec or more to driver front of me and behind me. Needed to concentrating to make constant lap times and no mistake. That was hard but paid of and i kept that 5th spot to the finish line. WOW - what a race 👍

As i send my thanks earlier to WRS and Frank i remembered that i also have to send thanks to GTP_Yanara. You race with us on Frank's full race practice on friday. I saved the replay and watched very carefully how you drive the Jaguar and learned a lot 💡. That paid of on the race.

That would be normal, the people who have the lag, do not see anything happen, but you said yourself you're tyres where melting like ice for the sun... that's because you had permanent wheelspin o n them, as cause of the lag....

Did I? Had no issues with the tires, only with fuel in the 21th lap ... :ouch: again...

The 1/2 race I had I really enjoyed, though I hardly saw anybody in 1 hour 25 mins of racing, as you can get on this track!

I had an awful start, tried to stay out of trouble to a ridiculous degree, then turned in on someone and hit them (not sure who, just a tap, first chicane) then I just got passed by going stupidly slowly past Chris who appeared to have pulled over? Hasslemoff, Scott, Jon, jammy - all went by. Quickly some of that was repaid and I followed Scott. The we caught Pekka who was driving a little drunk it appeared :) - he tapped Scott onto the grass and I passed through. Then Pekka went away a little bit and I dropped to a gap to Bart of 1 minute! I was pretty shocked by this at an early stage in the race and started to knuckle down.

Ran reasonable pace and did a nice 8 lap stint to pit for the start of lap 9. Lap 8 itself was a little slippery but was still on for a 3'59 but with the pit it was a little over 4 mins. Can't really remember what position I came out in, but I think I had Jammy following me at that point with Jon behind him. Shortly after that, Jon was behind me. By this point I had gapped back to 48 secs down on the leader, so not sure if that was solid pace and longer runs without pitting, or what. I still saw nobody...had no drafting, made no real errors, just a little wide here and there, the most time I lost was when I paused to turn driver list on, which for some reason was turned off! I was just running my own little TT and it suited me fine :)

I felt like I was pulling away from the guys behind by a small degree and getting slightly closer to Mich, who I occasionally saw on the map in the distance, but his pace was at worst, as good as mine, so unless he made a mistake I wouldn't catch up (he didn't). I think I saw Stef just before the hour mark in the gravel at the Porsche curves as well, big off there it looked like!

Started to get dark and while driving, I couldn't quite work out on a 4 stopper if it was even possible to take the 5 min break at anything OTHER than pit stop 2, so I pulled in at 1:05 for pit stop 2 and the driver change. I followed jonas's advice to not pause too early, chose 55l fuel and then waited...then lollipop man, erm, he's waiting for the refuelling to finish.....erm....what is my actual stop time here? Is it when I halted in the pit, or is it when lollipop man lifts it up? He waited ages for the fuel to go in..... I ended up guessing and I think I over egged it AGAIN but not as much as at Spa. I hoped that I'd stayed a net 4th and ahead of Jon, but I didn't know and as it turns out, I never will!

Set off in the dark behind Mich again who had come in not too far in front of me, Mohit was leading I think. 4 laps on the dark and was just about to take 6th back and I crossed the line to start either lap 19 or 20 and was disconnected.

....and that ended that. I was really happy with my drive til then. I only ever do offline tts, no racing really, so I did ok given my relative noobness. This was only my second online race in GT5 and first with everyone in equal cars as opposed to a mixed class race.

Best lap was a 3'50.8, but more importantly, I was keeping myself in the game by doing sub 3'55s for the first 6 laps of both daytime stints. Pace was really solid throughout all 18/19 laps.

Hopefully another enduro will whet my appetite and I'll get another go soon :D

Matt

Last edited:
then lollipop man, erm, he's waiting for the refuelling to finish.....erm....what is my actual stop time here? Is it when I halted in the pit, or is it when lollipop man lifts it up? He waited ages for the fuel to go in..... I ended up guessing and I think I over egged it AGAIN but not as much as at Spa. I hoped that I'd stayed a net 4th and ahead of Jon, but I didn't know and as it turns out, I never will!

Your 5 minutes doesn't start until the man raises the lollipop. That's pretty clear in the details post as well as the step by step video I made. I really don't know how we could have made that more clear?

Specifics:
  1. To begin the simulated driver change enter the pits as normal during the driver change window (race clock between 1:00:00 to 1:30:00).
  2. Begin the pit stop as normal allowing AI to take over and then selecting tires and added fuel amount and select OK
  3. After that screen is dismissed hit "Start" which will show the options buttons ("resume", "chat", "options" and "exit").
  4. As long as you see those option buttons you will not be released from your pits. Do not click any buttons including chat or you will be released when you dismiss that screen.
  5. The AI will drive the car into your pit stall and begin your normal pit stop. At this point you should be watching the race timer and the crew member with the release flag.
  6. When the flag man raises the release lollipop, your 5 minute wait officially begins.
  7. Note the race clock time (or current lap time) and write it down. Manually add 5 mins and write down this time which is when you can leave the pit.
  8. Take a break, stretch, pat your dog and do whatever else makes you feel refreshed.
  9. After the target time has been reached on the race timer hit start and proceed with the remainder of your race.

Tim, it was perfectly clear, but in your video he raises it immediately....I did not know that a long refuel would stop the guy raising the lollipop, but it did, so it threw me. 2nd ever race remember. So I wrote down a time which the wasn't the time at all and then guessed a new time. I obviously can't drive off while refuelling....but I got a bit confused and wrote down the wrong thing.....

If I'd known this, I'd have refuelled more in the earlier stints. It's no biggie, it just surprised me... But that is mostly down to me not thinking about it, nor ever experiencing it. It makes pretty perfect sense in retrospect.....It makes bugger all bloody difference anyway...I never finished the race.

Last edited:
Meh... mixups happen, especially with so much going on in the race. Shame about your DC though, you were running pretty well.

I usually race with a wireless connection, but in the enduros I switch to a wired connection. And since no one was at home yesterday I switched to a NAT 1 connection (directly from the modem).

Yeah they do happen...but you can never bet against a moron like me showing up either! I think the biggest desire I had was to take a piss, which didn't help!

:)

Yeah they do happen...but you can never bet against a moron like me showing up either! I think the biggest desire I had was to take a piss, which didn't help!

:)

And that's exactly why we have a 5 minute break to begin with!!!

The PURE guys apparently don't have to relieve themselves (either that or don't understand about proper hydration) and thus didn't bother with any of this pit pause stuff for their CALM series...

Scott is putting in yeoman's work and effort reviewing all the pit stops to verify every driver did stop for the required 5 minutes. Your bladders should send Scott a thank you note (be creative :sly:), because without help from the stewards checking them we'd have to go without a break like those poor dehydrated (or urinary distracted) PURE drivers. :lol:

Perhaps now is the time to sanction, design and manufacture WRS/3D3 themed empty 'coke bottles' :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadium_buddy :lol:
One Pure race was 3 hrs (I skipped it) with no breaks (my petiton for a driver change break was immediately shot down - literally 2 seconds for 3 no votes in the online lobby) .... I wonder how many drivers used something like this?

And that's exactly why we have a 5 minute break to begin with!!!

The PURE guys apparently don't have to relieve themselves (either that or don't understand about proper hydration) and thus didn't bother with any of this pit pause stuff for their CALM series...

Scott is putting in yeoman's work and effort reviewing all the pit stops to verify every driver did stop for the required 5 minutes. Your bladders should send Scott a thank you note (be creative :sly:), because without help from the stewards checking them we'd have to go without a break like those poor dehydrated (or urinary distracted) PURE drivers. :lol:

The 5 minuted simulated driver change is a great idea. I will never do a race longer than 2 hours which doesn't have a break in it, because I like to rest my eyes and for the reasons you mentioned, and it's the reason why I didn't race in that 3 hour race!

Sorry I couldn't make this one - maybe the next. :)

Yes that driver change break was really needed. You can relax little and then you are ready to rest of the race.

If that's helps Scott's work checking those driver change pitstop. I just watched from replay my own driver change and i can confirm that i leave 5 sec too earlier :nervous:

If that's helps Scott's work checking those driver change pitstop. I just watched from replay my own driver change and i can confirm that i leave 5 sec too earlier :nervous:

I think he's already noticed that, but it's 6 seconds. We round up for penalties. :mischievous:

OFFICIAL RESULTS
enduro_lemans_results.png

Note:
Noize received a 30 second drive though penalty for reckless driving at the start, which was applied on top of the 58 second driver change penalty. As a result Noize finishes behind Daniel.
Jammy received a 12 second driver change penalty but doesn't effect position.

P.S. Apologies for the delay.

I wanted to sincerly apologize to everyone involved in the first corner accident, especially to Kevin, who got threw of bad.
The sad thing is that I didn't even realise that I made an error, thought that I got pushed hard from behind. Instead my line changing cut of Daniel and started the whole mess, sorry mate.

Hope to do better next time 👍

I wanted to sincerly apologize to everyone involved in the first corner accident, especially to Kevin, who got threw of bad.
The sad thing is that I didn't even realise that I made an error, thought that I got pushed hard from behind. Instead my line changing cut of Daniel and started the whole mess, sorry mate.

Hope to do better next time 👍

Thanks for your apology.

It was quite frustrating for me, to ask everyone to be careful at the start of the race, and to try and get through the first chicane before trying to pass, and then to end up with 2 incidents in the first chicane and nobody waiting for the affected drivers.

2 of us effectively had our race ruined from the first turn. Easy to say we did not lose much time, but it affects your mindset, and causes you to have to pick through the field of drivers who qualified slower than you. Not to mention how the tires are affected by crashing.

All we can ask is that the other drivers learn for next time, as you have stated. Especially when we are talking about a 2+ hour race. Just settle into the groove and then start trying to make moves, no need to be antsy.

Back