GTP WRS-Online : Special VII - Le Mans Dream Car Enduro - Sept 9

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 499 comments
Does anybody think 7,8,9,9 is possible?

:cheers:

Depends on your tire ware, I noticed that as long as the tires are above 50% then you can keep running but once I hit 50% mark (around lap 6) I was getting a very loose back end and losing about 5-8 seconds a lap. If your close behind someone and they pit a lap before you do then they'll be miles ahead of you should you decide to pit the very next lap so its probably better not to risk going more than 6 lap stints

Does anybody think 7,8,9,9 is possible?
You can do 9 towards the end if you turn on TC and don't make mistakes. I tried it now while my car was still -25hp and my lap times went like this relative to fastest lap (lap 3):

Out lap, +0.1, 3'50.0, +0.7, +1.5, +2.3, +3.8, +4.8, +6.3

I wouldn't do that in a race, last lap was slippery. This was with a full tank, not sure if wear is better or worse with less fuel. I then spun in the Dunlop chicane so 10 was out of the question. :) If you can keep your cool at the start I think 8,8,8,9 could work...

edit: Glad you found the tips helpful!

I'll be opening the main lounge in about 10 minutes. I need anyone who is current in the lounge to exit. I am going to run as 3d3 racing today so we can handle 16 if necessary and I'm going to disable mics.

I'll post back when the lounge is ready. if you want to warm up now go to B until I post a message.

OK, the lounge is open. The current time progression is set so that at the top of the hour it'll be noon and we won't need a room reset so the beginning of pre-race practice will be at night and it'll roll over to day prior to race start.

Please be prompt/early. We want to observe the field before the race and deal with any lag issues before the start.

We are allowing 16 drivers. All 14 confirmed drivers have guaranteed spots and then the reserves on a first come first serve basis.

Very intresting test last night. Thank you guys for hangin' in there with me. Had worked out and calculated my plan, and was able to stick to it :) So my strategy is set out. Ive only made two small mistakes with a minor off. Like some people suspected, I went for a 3stopper 👍 8 8 8 9

BTW : I Love the Ferrari, awsome car to drive, keeps you awake and alive :)

I wil not be home in time for the EU race tonight, will change my status, not sure yet if I will make the NA race, so changed it to reserve.

OK Frank. So we are down to 13 confirmed + 3 reserves. One of the reserves is already in the lounge (Mamba) so that means the other 2 reserves have spots reserved for them as well.

We start reg checks at the very top of the hour so don't be late please.

Quick Change. We are going to cancel the simulated driver change today. We've done them in the past in the support races to "practice" and work out any questions before the main event on Sunday, but we've done it enough that it's not necessary. The only guys who have never done one ran yesterday in Frank's race where we required it.

So, no pit pause required today for either race guys. 👍

We will of course require a pit pause tomorrow during the enduro.

So, no pit pause required today for either race guys. 👍

We will of course require a pit pause tomorrow during the enduro.

Ohhh Nooo I needed to practice my pit pause after Motegi :).

I won't malke the 20:00GMT support race.

Had a little accident on the beach today and I'm in hospital now so there can be made some x-rays of my knee. :ill:

Thought I was still 16 while skimboarding. :dunce:

I'll see how it goes tomorrow morning, if I'll be able to take part in the Enduro.

Had a little accident on the beach today and I'm in hospital now so there can be made some x-rays of my knee. :ill:

I'll see how it goes tomorrow morning, if I'll be able to take part in the Enduro.

OW! I hope it turns out to be minor.

Al

Hope it is not to bad. Think you got things a bit messed up, first practise was at 18.00 GMT. NA practise is at 22.00 GMT, not sure if I will make that either.

I may try and achieve franks strategy too. I may also have to change tack if its not working.

I hope your Knee is ok.

Hope your knee is OK too Speedy. Skim boards are definitely for the kids.

I'm out for the late race today also. My boy has a soccer game and when I told him I wasn't going to make it (after I went to his brothers game this morning) the look on his face made the decision for me. Dad 1st.

There are enough admins/stewards signed up to handle it.

I wish you all the best Christophe, have a SPEEDY recovery!

I had lots of fun with the race. Like I said in the lobby, I benefited early on from people's bad luck and mistakes, and ran in 6th for quite a while (after starting 12th). I unfortunately grouped all of my mistakes together in the second half of the race... :ouch: Ended up 10th in the end. My 6/8 strategy was no good either, tires were pretty bad at the end.

Mamba, sorry about backing up in your way towards the end, I should have looked more carefully before going back on track.

segovia
Mamba, sorry about backing up in your way towards the end, I should have looked more carefully before going back on track.

No problem luckily no one was close enough to pass me while I waited for the cars balance to return to normal. My race was pretty good apart from a few early incidents in the first lap I had a pretty good race. Nice fight with jammy and had a really good overtake on Scott at Indianapolis, I don't know how we didn't collide there, I was holding my breadth hoping that we didn't touch. As for strategy 7/7 seems pretty doable do 8 laps and the guy behind u will surely pass u if he short pits u, and driving line helped a lot at night it took the thinking out of driving at night especially in that bumpy straight before Indianapolis.

Get better speedy, I had a crash myself two weeks ago quad biking, don't know how I didn't break my arm

Thought I'd add a pic from todays race

Me overtaking Scott
circuitdelasarthe20098w.jpg

Nice looking car :sly:
circuitdelasarthe20096.jpg

Last edited:
We'll be using a Public Lobby for the 2nd race today, since it could easily total 16.

I've sent out Friend Requests to everyone, and will post the room number in a few minutes.

EDIT: Mics will be disabled, just like the first race.

Last edited:
You can follow me to the room, by going to Community and finding GTP_Gravitron and clicking the yellow icon next to the coffee cup, or you can go to Open Lobby and join the room:

1472-4711-0167-3382-2589

25 minutes till start and only 5 in the room. Please join as soon as you can.
We have 13 confirmed and 3 places remaining for the 7 reserves(first come basis).

10 minutes and only 9 in the room, any more coming??

EDIT: Leaving public room to go back to 3D3 main.

Last edited:
CHANGE of plans.

With the small turnout and the high rate of randoms showing up, we're moving to GTP_3D3Racing private lounge.

That was fun today, guys. :cheers: A little hectic with race #1, and Mitch having connection issues, and us starting the race in the dark, but Tim, I think you handled it well.

2nd race, we tried a public lobby, but only had about 12 racers, as well as 10 randoms who were promptly kicked. So we moved to GTP_3D3Racing, but then Jon had connection issues. I wanted to restart for him, but it wasn't possible. :ouch:

SUPPORT RACE 1
LeMansEnduroSupportRace1Results.jpg

SUPPORT RACE 2
LeMansEnduroSupportRace2Results2.jpg

Good luck on Sunday, guys. May the karma of past Enduros be with you. :)

We're down to 16 confirmed drivers for tomorrow so we're sticking with 1 lounge. The current confirmed drivers are guaranteed their spots with listed reserves getting first option on any cancellations.

The registration system for this event has been closed and the form is no longer accepting changes -- the field is locked. If you need to cancel please post to this thread and an admin will take care of the change and offer your spot to a reserve.

We're not 100% sure what lounge or lobby will be used, but certainly mics will be disabled. There will be an announcement in the thread at least an hour before the race tomorrow.

IMPORTANT: This is a time change event and it's very important we stick to the planned schedule. We want to start reg checks at the top of the hour and start the race time by 5 past the hour (10 past at the latest). If you aren't in the room by the time reg checks are started you will be sitting out the event. If you think your connection is iffy, it's your responsibility to join early and work out the issue before the start. The lounge will be open for about an hour before the race. If you join early and run into problems we will do all in our power to get them corrected, but if you show up at the last minute you've got one shot and that's it. You decide if it's worth the risk.

Last edited:
I have sent friend requests to: GTP_PASM, GTP_Jammy, GTP_Insatiable and GTP_StraffeStef. Everyone else confirmed and on reserve is already on my friends list.

To ensure we can have a full 16 grid without the need for a public lobby, I would like to have the option of using my own lounge.

I am level 39 and will be found near the top of your list.

Thankyou

Jon

Edit: Double checked list, sent request to GTP_Vagabond as well

Another Edit: If you accept the request while GT5 is running I will not immediately appear in your community tab, you will then need to restart the game.

Last edited:
Back