GTP WRS-Online : Special VII - Le Mans Dream Car Enduro - Sept 9

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 499 comments
I wanted to participate for this race as well. Normally it's to late for me on sunday night to race be cause i have to get up early on monday for work. But my summer vacation started this weekend so no work on monday. Only thing was, i was going to leave for my holiday on monday. So i thought this is my chance to participate this awesome race. After the first week of practice to get familiar with the combo, be cause i never race on La Sarthe and the cars aren't the easiest ones. I received my boarding time, that would have been about 4 hours after the finish. I’ts almost a 2 drive to the airport. I would have skip a night of sleep, meaning I started my holiday exhausted. Since I’m not a 20 year old anymore, recovery of skipping a night of sleep will take a bit longer these days (you 40+ guys know what i’m talking about). So decided to let the race pass me by. Yesterday I received the new (still unofficial) bording time and that’s a good 12 hours later. Meaning I could have participate the race. So I’m a bit disappointed.

Hasselmoff and Speedy where so kind to help me out with the “66 and “67 ticket. Sorry that I asked you guys some of your time to send me the tickets. I’m happy to have the cars tough. I still have the tickets, so if you want them back, let me know. But you probably duplicated them yourself too.

Leaving me one more thing to say. Good luck everybody with the race and have a blast.

... So decided to let the race pass me by. Yesterday I received the new (still unofficial) bording time and that’s a good 12 hours later. Meaning I could have participate the race. So I’m a bit disappointed.
Hasselmoff and Speedy where so kind to help me out with the “66 and “67 ticket. Sorry that I asked you guys some of your time to send me the tickets. I’m happy to have the cars tough. I still have the tickets, so if you want them back, let me know. But you probably duplicated them yourself too.
Leaving me one more thing to say. Good luck everybody with the race and have a blast.

What a pity Roomboter!

I tried my best yesterday in the support races, but racing in the dark with my LCD giving me troubles was almost undoable.
Hopefully today my TV won't give up on me.
Sorry guys for any bumps yesterday, had a big spin before Mulsanne and took out almost half the field.
Really looking forward to tonight, altough I will no have the best possibilites with my TV.

Hi jon,

Gonna accept yours friends request as soon as possible. For the moment I' m still working. I will be home in a good 5 h.

See you later

it's done :)

Last edited:
I wanted to participate for this race as well. Normally it's to late for me on sunday night to race be cause i have to get up early on monday for work. But my summer vacation started this weekend so no work on monday. Only thing was, i was going to leave for my holiday on monday. So i thought this is my chance to participate this awesome race. After the first week of practice to get familiar with the combo, be cause i never race on La Sarthe and the cars aren't the easiest ones. I received my boarding time, that would have been about 4 hours after the finish. I’ts almost a 2 drive to the airport. I would have skip a night of sleep, meaning I started my holiday exhausted. Since I’m not a 20 year old anymore, recovery of skipping a night of sleep will take a bit longer these days (you 40+ guys know what i’m talking about). So decided to let the race pass me by. Yesterday I received the new (still unofficial) bording time and that’s a good 12 hours later. Meaning I could have participate the race. So I’m a bit disappointed.

Too bad you didn't sign up for the support races on Saturday or qualify.

If you are in the situation again definitely qualify and if something changes last minute at least you are set up to step in last minute.

Last edited:
Tim - sorry to see the list of drivers and see that you put yourself reserved :(

Pre-race massages. Nice.👍 Who is the financial backer for your team?:lol:

Has there been a decision about what lobby or lounge will be used for the race?

Pre-race massages. Nice.👍 Who is the financial backer for your team?:lol:

That will be myself, very happy with my pitcrew who is backing me up to day. Must do well, cause the 'pitcrew' might reward me afterwards :drool:

Most likely will be mine Bart, everyone is now added to my list. Trying to sort a suitable host at the moment.
Feel free to practice in the main lounge for now.
When my lounge is up and ready it will be posted in here 👍

J. is it ok I leave the room, Kevin is behind you, i forgot to do my oil change

Having a hard time to get back in to J's room....

Last edited:
Disconnected on lap 19. So disappointed, didn't make a mistake and I think I was still a net 4th. Ran for the first two stints really well after a slow start. Pitted at the end of lap 8 and 16 so I was on for a 4 stopper.

I think i lost my dsl connection and it restarted a few moments later, but it's all academic once you're booted out.

Hope the rest of the race goes well guys. Thanks so much WRS/3D3 admins for organising such a great race. 👍

Matt :/

Last edited:
Great job, everyone. 👍

Here are the unofficial results.

Sorry for the glare, still 3:30 pmish here.

2012-09-09_15-34-05_7041.jpg

Congratz Bart. Nice to see the Ferrari take the win actually. I found it the hardest to handle and that was a great drive to bring it home.

Frank... Looks like you had a nice ride in the Ferrari too. 👍

That was such a great event, and like I said in the lobby, the only sad part was that none of the 3D3 guys were there.

Too bad also that Guill Will and Matt got DC'd.

Someone suggested running it again next week. What I had thought about was to make it an informal monthly event with, say, 21 laps (and full day/night cycle).

Thanks to everybody involved!

Here is a short reaction afther the race, will put my racereport on tomorrow as it is 01.00 at night here, and got to get up early.

My best experience so far in WRS !!! Thanks admins for making this possibe. A pitty for the two DC's and also in my opinion a pitty of the two people lagging in the backfield, causing us tremendes problems just to avoid you guys. Took my off my concentration, causing I could not follow the pace of the frontrunners. For the remaining 25 laps my race went smoothly according to plan. Made a mistake in the pitstop staying about 15 sec to long in the pit as the lollypop man had suddenly dissappeared or at least was not doing what he was supposed to do :) Made it on a 3 stopper as anounced, 8 8 9 8.
Very happy with my result, not bad for a div4 driver I would dare to say. But above all an outstanding virtual race expierence, AGAIN, thanks WRS

Congratulations first of all to the podium and especially to Bart for a fantastic race.
This was easily the best experience ever I had i GT5, don't know were to begin with :)

Had a pretty good first and second stint, but unfortunatly calculated fuel a little bit short in lap 21 and ran out of fuel 2 km before the pit, costed me about 1 minute :ouch:
For some odd reason I consumed more fuel then ever before, maybe because my pace was pretty good or it was because my TV finally worked fine the whole race 👍
The rest was pretty solid.

Had some good close racing with hasslemeoff, Frank, EDK and more.
Also the night cycle was pretty spectacular, hard to not be distracted by the fireworks !

I want to thank the admins for making this wonderful events even possible.
Thank you WRS :gtpflag:

Here are some impressions from tonight

circuitdelasarthe20092lt.jpg

circuitdelasarthe20093l.jpg

circuitdelasarthe2009la.jpg

circuitdelasarthe20094l.jpg

circuitdelasarthe20096l.jpg

circuitdelasarthe20098l.jpg

circuitdelasarthe20097l.jpg

circuitdelasarthe20099l.jpg

circuitdelasarthe200910w.jpg

circuitdelasarthe20095l.jpg

Last edited:
Great race! Amazing win Bart, untouchable speed! Nice work Mich for the podium spot!

Thanks to the admins for putting it all together, super job! Virtual props to y'all.

EDIT: Special mentions to Jammy and Racingworld for their great finishing positions!

Last edited:
CircuitdelaSarthe2009-1.jpg

CircuitdelaSarthe2009_1.jpg

I'm going to take a shot like this for all drivers in the next couple of days.

Here is my racereport and point of view on what happened out there :)

As I was sure not everybody would get throug the first chicane’s without trouble (regardless the numerous warnings, even right before the start, Kevin did the effort to point this out…) I took a calm start. Mayhem occurred already in the first one, and I was able to pass safely winning a handful of places. But then an other ‘obstacle’ got in my way :) Noize was lagging very badly and I knew I had to get away from him in order to be able to stay on track. First I was in front of him, and I had to figure out his racelines to be on the other side of the track and to avoid him hitting me in the back. This double task (concentrating on my lines and his at the same time) was to intens for me and I decided there was only one way to deal with this : back off !

All this took me out of my concentration, and soon Jammy, Kevin and Chris passed me. In round 5 I was able to grab it all togheter, and find my ‘flow’ again. Causing a comeback on Chris and Kevin. I was clearly quicker then them but did not wanna risk a pass as they were having a good battle, and I knew they would had to go and pit. So I stayed behind them, when Chris went to pit in lap 7 and Kevin continued I knew he would be the one to stick to. At the end of lap 8 in the Porshe curves I was on Kevins tale to close, in his dirty air I almost spinned and made my only (minor) mistake on track, and was happy to be able to recover the car without a crash.

From the moment I got out of the pits for my first stop everything went better. I was able to stick to my pace as previous ran in the practices. I drove a very consistant second stint, producing my quickest lap in the race. When I entered the pits for my second stop including the 5 min break I got confused , don’t ask me why. This would result in the only failure I made, and it did not even happen on track !! Messed up my times and left the pits 12 sec. to late. When I came back out I knew this stint in the dark would make the difference. Again I ran a very good stint and eventough I came out last on track after my 5 min break I was able to get up to the 10th spot. All went very nice and the slightly slower pace during the night made it possible to do 9 laps on this stint.

When I started for my last stint I knew catching Paul and Kevin was a possibility, but I had to drive clean myself, wich I did. I knew Paul would not make it on those tyre’s but I was not to sure about Kevin. (he confused me with his last stint of 10laps) Two laps before finish I was able to pass Paul while he was in the pit. I could see where Kevin was now, and him running wide on his bad tyres during the last lap gave me the opportunity to gain the 6th place.

Started on the 15th place on the grid, and was able to come back to 6th, so I am pretty proud of myself. Ofcourse I realize that this also happened because of different drivers who DC’d or quit the race. Again it proved that being consistant makes half of the race. I am very happy my hard work payed off.

Now some toughts I want to share with you all in general : People if you gonna race an endurro, make sure you are well prepared !!! If you hit someone be fair about it, and wait for him or her. Be honest about it if you do hit someone (the replay will tell anyway)..

To GTP_Straffestef ; Weldone, I do not think everyone can say he ran a 2.4hr endurro being only two weeks in the WRS 👍

Last edited:
This was my first enduro race and WOW - that was fun. Hard work/practice finally paid off :)
Special thanks to WRS 👍
I have to thanks Frank for that friday night full race practice that teached to me what is going to happen on the actual race 👍
Also saturday practice races were very import to see how i gonna run my stints and they enabled me to test my stints (how many laps i can drive vs tire wearing vs lap times).
Three first laps were scary behind noiZe when he was lagging so badly (a lot of smoke). I think also vagabond was lagging a bit.
I watched replay quickly and that 1st chicane after start was mess with a lagging.

Stef: well done. I saw on the replay what problem you got on the race. You made it after all that 👍

Last edited:
...Three first laps were scary behind noiZe when he was lagging so badly (a lot of smoke)...

Hmm.....strange, my connection worked fine the whole race, didn't see anybody lagging. Sorry if I caused any trouble guys.

Back