GTP WRS-Online : Special X - (Al)berto's Monza Adventure - Dec 2

Great combo Al! It's a lot of fun. I put in 20 laps without realizing it, it's so engrossing to drive.

Couldn't make it into the lounge tonight, stuff came up.

Wow nice, can't believe im just seeing this, I cant wait to try the Zonda I had fun with it in the Indy TT, Ill practice later after I pick my brains trying to find 0.074 in the Autumn Ring TT

Is anyone willing to share their SP1 tune?
I'm on the Clueless tune right now and I'm clueless on how to get in the 46's. :boggled:

Hopefully this will be my first enduro event. I'm glad there's a car option that isn't tail happy, you guys seem to like them for these events :sly: And so far during the 5 laps I did in the Ferrari it seems pretty nice to drive.

Is anyone willing to share their SP1 tune?
I'm on the Clueless tune right now and I'm clueless on how to get in the 46's. :boggled:

I only did a preparation according to the specs yet, and then, as far as I remember, simply used an F430 tune for preliminary testing. I don't remember where I got it from, but I will post it the next time I'm on.

That's a setup for the normal F430, not the Scuderia! From what I know, the F430 and the SP1 are identical in the game except for their looks.

PS: I have no idea what times I did with this. (and even if I did, the car wasn't broken in)

Ferrari:
0 RH
even springs (not sure but I think 12)
slightly softened dampers from default, 6/6 and 5/5 or so
1/1 arb
2/1 camber
0/0 toe

LSD 8/18/12 (I think)

top speed 307 for solo, +20 or so for draft (just a guess, I haven't tested drafting)

Basically almost nothing major changed from the default setup, just "generic" camber, toe and LSD. I don't think suspension tuning has much affect on lap times at all anymore, it only slightly changes the feel of the car.

Thanks for the effort Jonas. I'll give it a try this evening.

Thanks Al, I've been looking at that one too but it looks a bit weird IMO.
Such low RH with such low springrate...
I'll give it shot as well.

I always use chassis reinforcement

Zonda starting point (basically guesswork but feels OK):
0/0
14.3/15.8
6/7
5/6
1/1
2.0/1.0
0.00/0.10

7/8/12
40/65
7/4

Tranny trick with 350 max speed on the top right.

Nice to see people using the practice sheet. 👍

I can see where a high 1'38 is doable from my brief stint on the track last night with the Zonda, but a low 1'38 looks out of reach at this moment. Nice lap Yanaran! It's nice to have a target like that one the board.

I'll have to fiddle with the tune if I'm going anywhere near that lap.

PS> Anyone on the registry is welcome to submit a practice lap to the board even if you don't plan to attend any of the races. Just make sure the laps is done with race regulations and normal WRS boundary rules and you're good. It's really useful to others to see where they are losing time to include splits (which I see Yanaran did 👍 and I always do) and anyone can view those splits by clicking the "Raw Logs" link under the practice sheet itself. If people start using the practice sheet and entering splits I'll find a way to create a splits board to show them right in the thread.

I submitted my time from last night. I am still sticking with the Zonda, love the challenge! I am starting to feel comfortable chucking it into a corner! Frank, are you still planning a full practice round on the 30th?

Al

Just registered in the Belgian Ferrari category.

Alberto! It was quite generous of you to mention my name in the OP, it didn't feel like I did much work, it was a lot of fun!

I submitted my time from last night. I am still sticking with the Zonda, love the challenge! I am starting to feel comfortable chucking it into a corner! Frank, are you still planning a full practice round on the 30th?

Al

I thought he was planning that for the week prior... like the 22nd or 23rd. Not sure, he'll have to verify. But no way I'm doing an enduro on the 30th, support races on the 1st and enduro on the 2nd. That's too much seat time over 3 days for my tastes (or my back).

UPDATE: Just added a new feature to the practice leaderboard. It only uses laps where drivers have submitted splits, but it will mimic the format of the usual WRS leaderboard. It will show all entries for a driver though, not just the best and will also show the date. That way you can see the best achievable based on splits from different laps.

If you want your lap to show up on this splits board (in addition to the full lap board) you will need to enter the splits as shown on the form (3 splits separated by commas). You can view the splits after you exit track in your session. The fast lap will show when you go to view race and look at the timer. If you enter the track again, it will reset, so be sure to note the splits after exiting to the lobby.

121202_splits1_reg.png

This image plus a version for the Ferrari are shown in the practice board post on page 1.

Last edited:
Nice work on the practice log Tim! I agree the 30th is too close to the actual date for me as well. This is why I asked him.

I would like to organise a full distance practise (2.4hr) on the 30/11. At that moment everyone has qualified, and we can start on quali results. Excact time will be agreed later but would be something around 20.00 GMT.

You did help alot Daniel and I really appreciated it!!

Al

If you want your lap to show up on this splits board (in addition to the full lap board) you will need to enter the splits as shown on the form (3 splits separated by commas). You can view the splits after you exit track in your session. The fast lap will show when you go to view race and look at the timer. If you enter the track again, it will reset, so be sure to note the splits after exiting to the lobby.

Didn't know about that, thanks 👍.

Didn't know about that, thanks 👍.

Yah, it works that way for the moment. Even if you do your best lap on say lap 4 and run a 14 lap stint, when you exit to lobby and go to watch race it will show the time and splits for lap 4. If you pit it still keeps track of the fast lap even if you pit using start/exit track. But if you leave to lobby and come back it's reset.

Now if PD makes an update and changes things who knows what will happen. They tend to break things already fixed at times.

Also, once in a while there is a timing bug and you won't be able to see splits, but nothing we can do about that. The only fix seems to be running a short race to reset the room or switching tracks, etc.

I'm in the Main Lounge now doing some practice with the different tunes.

I might join you (or anyone else) in 30 mins or so. Just had my driver break in the car so I want to see what kind of times I can do.

There's an error in the specs for the Ferrari. It doesn't mention the Sports Catalytic Converter as allowed, but you can't reach 594hp without it.

Nice to see people using the practice sheet. 👍

I can see where a high 1'38 is doable from my brief stint on the track last night with the Zonda, but a low 1'38 looks out of reach at this moment.
I didn't think it was that quick, but I didn't have much to compare to. :)

Here's a replay of a 38.2 on the first flying lap if anyone wants some guidance. Unfortunately T2 was a little weak on this one and I forgot to upshift on the final straight, but typically laps 3 and 4 are faster so this might be my best "lap 1" so far. :cheers:

Attachments

• zonda_monza.zip
    728.3 KB · Views: 8
There's an error in the specs for the Ferrari. It doesn't mention the Sports Catalytic Converter as allowed, but you can't reach 594hp without it.

Correct, me and Speedy noticed that aswell when we were practising a while ago. With the catalytic converter we had 590pp.

Back