GTP WRS-Online : Special X - (Al)berto's Monza Adventure - Dec 2

I submitted my time from last night. I am still sticking with the Zonda, love the challenge! I am starting to feel comfortable chucking it into a corner! Frank, are you still planning a full practice round on the 30th?

Al

Yes I am, did also some practise with the Zonda, started to get goin' ok. I will qualify for both classes, leaving my final judgement what car I will run after the full practise at 30/11 👍

But It looks like some people would like to run a full distance on an earlier date. What about next saturday after the Academy. think that would be something around 00.00 GMT.

If people are intrested then we would have two full practise runs, 24/11 and 30/11.

There's an error in the specs for the Ferrari. It doesn't mention the Sports Catalytic Converter as allowed, but you can't reach 594hp without it.

Thanks for pointing that out. I will fix that up tomorrow.

Al

****Qualifying in session.***

Please do not enter lounge until I update this message

UPDATE: Lounge open. Nice Run Speedy!

Last edited:
Registered for the Zonda. Looking for forward to it.👍

👍 I'll look for you in the practices.

I updated the details post setting the max Ferrari PP with full aero at 590 PP.

Hey guys, been out for a while. I signed up for this, looks like fun. I am going to try to Qualify in the Zonda and the Ferrari secondary. I will send friend request to the racing lounges again. I think i did everything ,let me know if there's anything else,thanks

Hey guys, been out for a while. I signed up for this, looks like fun. I am going to try to Qualify in the Zonda and the Ferrari secondary. I will send friend request to the racing lounges again. I think i did everything ,let me know if there's anything else,thanks

Welcome back Joe! I'll went ahead and accepted those friend requests so you are set to join the lounges anytime. 👍

The two of us are still practising, come on in!

We are out for the night, great practise session! Thanks Mohit!

Al

Last edited:
I tried Clueless, Red Valley and Yanaran's tune and like Jonas mentioned, laptimes are not really affected only the feel of the car.
Currently I'm using Jonas' with RH -10/-10.

For those worrying about tunes, I tested a few different ride heights yesterday and can only echo what MCH posted in the tuning forum; it seems to make no difference whatsoever. 0/0, +30/+30, +30/0, 0/+30 all produced exactly the same lap times and the only difference where slight changes in "feel" which could be just small differences in FFB and that high/low and low/high changed the horizon level which felt a bit awkard for a while.

I also tested changing the spring rate from 12/12 to one matching the 43/57 weight distribution, think that ended up around 10/13 with front dampers lowered 1 click. Again no difference in lap times but a slight change in feel. I might have been imagining it, but I think this last setup had slightly less rear tire wear so it might still be worth it to try different things. Just don't expect to suddenly cut big chunks of time, that effort is probably better spent just practicing.

Welcome back Joe! I'll went ahead and accepted those friend requests so you are set to join the lounges anytime. 👍

That was fast, thanks Tim.👍 If everything goes right, I will be in the lounge later tonight.:)

For those worrying about tunes, I tested a few different ride heights yesterday and can only echo what MCH posted in the tuning forum; it seems to make no difference whatsoever. 0/0, +30/+30, +30/0, 0/+30 all produced exactly the same lap times and the only difference where slight changes in "feel" which could be just small differences in FFB and that high/low and low/high changed the horizon level which felt a bit awkard for a while.

I also tested changing the spring rate from 12/12 to one matching the 43/57 weight distribution, think that ended up around 10/13 with front dampers lowered 1 click. Again no difference in lap times but a slight change in feel. I might have been imagining it, but I think this last setup had slightly less rear tire wear so it might still be worth it to try different things. Just don't expect to suddenly cut big chunks of time, that effort is probably better spent just practicing.

Same here, not much difference in time from tune to tune. Gears on the other hand make a huge difference, so Id say concentrate on the transmission and everything else just worry about what is comfortable to drive. I do like cars to be as low as possible though, gets better grip for me through the high speed corners

Heading into to lobby A for some practice if anyone wishes to join.

Edit:
Left already. I need some practice with a ghost. Monza is one of my least driven circuits and I definitely need some track time.

Last edited:
Heading into to lobby A for some practice if anyone wishes to join.

Edit:
Left already. I need some practice with a ghost. Monza is one of my least driven circuits and I definitely need some track time.

I'm not racing in the combo this Wednesday so I should be in the B lounge nightly doing a little practice. I'm also into the Laguna TT and will be splitting my time between them.

I have to start refining my lines for a quali session late in the week.

I'm thinking of doing some practice tonight for the enduro.
Is someone maybe around?
Timeslot: 19:00 GMT - 21:00 GMT

I just went to jump in the lounge but nobody is there. Sorry I missed you Daniel

Al

No problem, Al. Was there earlier an got some good laps in, did almost 50 laps.
Ferrari feels great and I start to get a good feel on this track. Hope to qualify in the next few days.

Very looking forward to this enduro 👍

I'm really struggling to find a setup for the Ferrari that feels comfortable enough to go 2+ hours with it. Or, let's put it this way ... doing mid 48's is pretty easy on a consistent basis, but I only managed once so far to do a 47. So, I'm really lacking the speed in this car, I guess.

No matter which setup I try, it understeers a lot on entry and on exit, so it's sort of "slow in - slow out"...

Amateur advice:
Increase negative rear toe, and add some positive front toe. Decrease LSD ini and decel values. If car feels lazy and slow to respond, consider upping the ARB. And of course running a higher rear BB. This will increase braking distances on worn tires, at least on the Zonda it does. If you're running ABS over 1, try decreasing that as well.

Last edited:
I'm really struggling to find a setup for the Ferrari that feels comfortable enough to go 2+ hours with it. Or, let's put it this way ... doing mid 48's is pretty easy on a consistent basis, but I only managed once so far to do a 47. So, I'm really lacking the speed in this car, I guess.

No matter which setup I try, it understeers a lot on entry and on exit, so it's sort of "slow in - slow out"...

I would think consistent mid 48's while avoiding mistakes and managing tires is going to be competitive. This is Monza where you can make up significant time in the draft as long as you don't make mistakes. I even managed to keep on Twissy's bumper for 10+ laps on this track with the Lambo and didn't have nearly his pace.

Qualifying position is much less important relative to past Enduros. Particularly if we are all in one lounge and qualifying in room A is not an issue. I'm putting a wager on 50% of the field visiting the "kitty litter" at least once during the race and a good percent sliding going wide in Parabolica and losing gobs of time spinning in the grass.

I would aim for consistency and minimizing mistakes over pure pace for this particular race. Passing should be relatively easy as long as you can stay in contact.

Amateur advice:
Increase negative rear toe, and add some positive rear toe. Decrease LSD ini and decel values. If car feels lazy and slow to respond, consider upping the ARB. And of course running a higher rear BB. This will increase braking distances on worn tires, at least on the Zonda it does. If you're running ABS over 1, try decreasing that as well.

I think the bolded part should read "increase negative Front toe"?

Back