GTP WRS-Online : Special X - (Al)berto's Monza Adventure - Dec 2

Thanks.
Actually I hit my target time for this Q in my 1st flyer, was already happy with that and decided to push harder on my 2nd flyer, whatever if i crash. Lucky me i not crashed and won 5 tenths more. Soooo Happy :) :) :)

lounge closed for qualifying

Lounge open, nice run Joe!

Al

Last edited:
And lounge closed again.

Don't enter the lounge until I update this message.

It's open.

Last edited:
Just back in for a bit of practice then I'll quali after dinner sometime tonight.

Has Scott (mcfizzle) checked in?

5.5 hours to quali deadline. I won't be online until about 2 hours to go.

Has Scott (mcfizzle) checked in?

5.5 hours to quali deadline. I won't be online until about 2 hours to go.

Nope. Just me at the moment.
Al was expecting to be a late quali so you can take care of his tonight (he knows all he really needs is a witness as he is a steward).

I can qualify within the next hour for the Zonda.

Won't guarantee any blistering times though. I don't even have a tune for it.

GTPorsche
I can qualify within the next hour for the Zonda.

Won't guarantee any blistering times though. I don't even have a tune for it.

I can't be near the PS3 for about 4 hours; anyone else around?

With the JGTS div 1 race starting 40 minutes late this morning, any concern for the lap time pretty much went out the window - had to jump in, Q, and run. I used driving line :guilty:, and messed up at least one Lesmo and chicane on both laps - but was happy I set a time at all, with no one on last night. Just do eet!

The countdown timer appears to be set to Eastern time and not Pacific. Not that it matters that much.

It's just current countdown time + 3 right now.

Lounge closed for 3 qualifying sessions, will be a bit before I re-open it.

Al

EDIT: OPEN

Last edited by a moderator:
The countdown timer appears to be set to Eastern time and not Pacific. Not that it matters that much.

It's just current countdown time + 3 right now.

Right, there are 2.5 hours to go (from the tine if this post). Someone should fix remaining timers... I'll do in a bit. I'll be in the lounge in about 45 minutes and stay until the deadline.

Hey guys,

I've been gone visiting family since Wednesday. I should be on within 45 minutes and will get a qualifying run in. Sorry to push it to the last minute.

Hey guys,

I've been gone visiting family since Wednesday. I should be on within 45 minutes and will get a qualifying run in. Sorry to push it to the last minute.

No problem Scott, I'll be in the Lounge shortly and until the deadline.

No not really but it's not your fault anyway. Is anyone waiting to come into the room?

Room still closed

Last edited by a moderator:
I updated the countdown timers for the qualification deadlines.

Lounge is open finally, come on in!

Al

LOUNGE CLOSED AGAIN FOR QUALIFYING

lounge open Zonda qualifying finished

Last edited:
Everyone who has signed up for Zonda has qualified, but if someone comes out of the woodwork you have an hour. We'll post the results right after the deadline and I'll be watching this thread just in case until then. For now the lounge is empty.

Thanks to Tim and Al for sticking around to qualify and reminding me to start the race.;)

Qualifying for the Zonda class is complete and here are the results:

enduro_monza_zonda_qualifying.png

Congratz to Litchi on pole position.

Notes:
  • Late qualifiers will be accepted, but will start behind any that qualified on time regardless of time.
  • Some of the above drivers are reserves or primary for the Ferrari class so the exact start order is yet to be determined, but obviously based on the above ranking.
  • All the drivers on the list above must commit to the Zonda or switch to Ferrari before the Ferrari qualification deadline on the 29th. Please update your status if you are listed in both classes.

Thx :)
Well, i just wanted to do a quick video of my pole lap. I think it's and it'll be my only one in WRS so i just wanted to post it on YT lol
Sorry for the bad quality, i don't have an HD-PVR, just an iPhone...

Congrats Litchi, Mohit and Tim! It was a great couple of days seeing everyone qualify! No time to relax though, Ferrari qualifying ends on the 29th. For those that did qualify in the Zonda and wish to race in the Ferrari please let us know your choice ASAP. The deadline for declaring your ride is the same as Ferrari qualifying.

Al

Hey Litchi, if you upload your replay maybe Speedy could do a better capture and proper pole lap video? I would do it, but I assume your replay is PAL.

I ended up exactly where I should have for qualifying. My realistic target was 1'39.3 which I couldn't go for on my second lap because of the questions with my first lap, but that would have only put me third anyway. I'll take it with a "grain of salt" considering who is just behind me and the fact that Wes ran his qualification with a car that was well down on HP.

Should make for a *very* interesting race. Usually Monza can be a train with the strong draft, but the Ferrari class could help break draft so hanging on to a faster driver is going to be tricky.

For anyone new to multi-class racing:

Remember the Ferrari class does NOT have to move out of the way for an oncoming Zonda and in fact shouldn't. Stick to your lines so that the Zonda knows where you are going to be. It's up to the Zonda to judge if a *safe* pass is possible and go around. There is nothing wrong with a Ferrari braking a little earlier going into a corner and getting a jump on exit to let a Zonda pass cleanly, but don't change lines to move out of the way.

Zonda's are not allowed to dive bomb. If you do so, even to follow another Zonda, you will be penalized. Just like any other pass make sure you have proper overlap before thinking you have sole corner rights.

Hey Litchi, if you upload your replay maybe Speedy could do a better capture and proper pole lap video? I would do it, but I assume your replay is PAL.

Yea that would be great 👍 . And yea, this is a PAL version.

Attachments

• WRS_LITCHI_Q.zip
    1 MB · Views: 7
Sorry Tim, I'm not home till Friday evening. Otherwise I would have done the pole lap video with much pleasure.

Sorry Tim, I'm not home till Friday evening. Otherwise I would have done the pole lap video with much pleasure.

Ah, well people who want are PAL and want to see the lap can now observe it. :sly:

Al, you were the steward for Litchi's run do you have an NTSC copy of the replay that you could send me?

PS> I wouldn't mind getting a copy of GT5 Academy edition. That's a PAL format right and would allow me to see PAL replays? I wonder how an NA-bound gent such as myself could get a hold of a copy. :sly:

Last edited:
Back