GTP WRS-Online : Special XI - Fujissan Mixed Class Enduro - Jan 26/27

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 293 comments
In the lounge for a few minutes trying to break into the 1'28s... got to 1'29.196 and I'm losing a ton to Bart in T3.

EDIT: Got a little faster, but not much and still over a tenth away from 1'28s... Wes ran a few laps and it didn't take him long to get into the 1'28s... watched a few laps and learned a few things, but couldn't execute them on the track... maybe next time.

Last edited:
I can actually take part in this now that I have my really quiet PS3.

It's just being around for the race.....

Signed up, this event looks like a lot of fun. :)

Got some decent times with the GT-R (currently 1'35.139 is my best one), but the R89C is proving to be a bit of a handful, especially around the slower corners. I'm practising with TCS off to help get a better feel for the car, though chances are I'll turn it on for the actual race if I end up in the LMP class.

Signed up for the support races as well, one in the GT class and the other in the LMP class, though I'm not sure which way round to race each class yet (hence the reserves).

Glad you will join us Matthew. 👍

I'm in the lounge for another stint... c'mon 1'28! :dopey:

EDIT: something came up... lounge closed.

Last edited:
First night back on the game in over a month...:banghead: Rusty.

After flailing at Spa in the rain, I decided to try these cars offline (w/ Tire Wear and Real Grip Redux).

Had a great time in both cars. 👍:D

Honestly, I don't see a new dynamic being "trouble"... just different.

I do understand what you guys mean, maybe the word 'trouble' was not in his place here...... that would be a result of my poor English.

What I meant by trouble is that this time it could be the other way arround, GT's on new tyres could possibly pass LMP's on older tyres in that final sector.
So it should be something GT drivers have to be aware off.

Enough things to be practised here, I just might run my first full practise this weekend !! :)

Last edited:
Ill test out both the cars before I decide which one I will race, but Ill try and race :)

Genius combo, in my opinion. 👍 Both cars are wonderful in their own ways. :D

After a little Eiger practice, Tim & Pekka and I moved to Fuji. The F chicane hates me as it always does, but somehow it doesn't matter when you've got a car sound like this R89C.
It seriously sounds like a V8 motorcyle. :drool:

Best lap was a high 1'29, and I'll beat that when Mr F. Chicane gives me some satisfaction. That was with the Praiano tune in the OP w/ my own gears, but when I switched to a 4-speed with 5th as overdrive it was even more fun (if a little slower).

Genius combo, in my opinion. 👍 Both cars are wonderful in their own ways. :D

After a little Eiger practice, Tim & Pekka and I moved to Fuji. The F chicane hates me as it always does, but somehow it doesn't matter when you've got a car sound like this R89C.
It seriously sounds like a V8 motorcyle. :drool:

Best lap was a high 1'29, and I'll beat that when Mr F. Chicane gives me some satisfaction. That was with the Praiano tune in the OP w/ my own gears, but when I switched to a 4-speed with 5th as overdrive it was even more fun (if a little slower).

For being away for a month you sure got your pace back quick. Kicked my tail at Eiger... We will see what happens tomorrow though when the chips are really in play. :sly:

I watched a few laps of yours in the R89C and it looked pretty smooth to me. Anxious for this event to hit "overdrive". Quali window opens in a couple days :boggled:

Thanks Tim, and yes, we need to get into Full-Scale Quali Mode pretty quick. 👍

It's always a fun time watching folks qualify. :P

Practice, practice, practice...I'm in the GT class and I've been dedicating at least an hour of practice a day getting to knowing this track and this car. Maintaining my line and consistency is my goal over speed for now. I'm new so I feel this important to do with the other class out there. I was wondering if the other newbies were doing the same? I think it's important for us to stay out of the way by maintaining our line so we can have a good clean race in our own division.

Also, here's a hint: by focusing on my line and not my speed I've cut 2sec's so far. ;-)

Looking forward to qualifying so I hope the stewards will post times they will be available.

Practice, practice, practice...I'm in the GT class and I've been dedicating at least an hour of practice a day getting to knowing this track and this car. Maintaining my line and consistency is my goal over speed for now. I'm new so I feel this important to do with the other class out there. I was wondering if the other newbies were doing the same? I think it's important for us to stay out of the way by maintaining our line so we can have a good clean race in our own division.

Also, here's a hint: by focusing on my line and not my speed I've cut 2sec's so far. ;-)

Looking forward to qualifying so I hope the stewards will post times they will be available.

The quali window opens in about 24 hrs. When it is open, you can just post in this thread that you are looking to qualify and one of the stewards will respond and jump into a lobby to watch your run.
Usually it takes less than 15 minutes for someone to respond as we have stewards in several timezones.

Welcome to the WRS Online 👍

Good approach! Take the opportunity to practice in our lounge also so you can get used to driving with LMP cars on the track. Just post to this thread if you are jumping in the lounge or watch for someone else to post and jump in with them. It's the best way to understand how the two classes are going to interact during the race.

Note: The exception is during official events like today. Every Wednesday the main lounge is reserved for the weekly combo (Eiger this week) in which case drivers wanting to practice for another event are encourages to use the "GTP_3D3_B" lounge for enduro practice.

As far as qualifying stewards you just need to post to this thread when you are ready to qualify. The final couple days of the qualification window a steward will almost always be on stand by or already in the lounge. But prior to that you just need to post in the thread that you are ready and need a steward to observe. If you give a little notice that you'll be ready in 1 hour or 3 hours or just "later today" then you'll have a better chance of getting a steward.

Finally, if any new drivers want to do a simulated qualification run for practice it's a good idea. You can do it with a non steward or even ask if an official steward with do a dry run for you. Just make sure to state up front it's not your official attempt as once you start an official run there is no turning back. :sly: The qualification is really fun for this event, but cane be nerve racking. It may help to do a few "dry runs" just to get familiar with the process so your more comfortable for your one and only official quali attempt.

:cheers:

I actually want to drop from the LMP class. Not being a wuss but I know my limits and this is just too much car for me. I will keep my focus on GT class. Thanks for all the feedback. I will post my desire to qual when the window opens.

So I don't mean to bore you all with my comments but for those newbies out there like me :-) I finally switched to manual over AT and what a huge difference it makes...my time and control are off the hook compared to what they were. I was using AT as a crutch but now I realize it was not helping me improve at all. I have a DS3 controller so after many different setups I found the one I liked and it worked great. If your looking for better control and times preparing for this race take the time and move to manual...enjoy!

I actually want to drop from the LMP class. Not being a wuss but I know my limits and this is just too much car for me. I will keep my focus on GT class. Thanks for all the feedback. I will post my desire to qual when the window opens.

No shame in running the GT class and we've had D1-Gold drivers choose that class in the past. The GT-R is actually quite a beast at these specs and should be a good challenge. I was tempted to go with GT this round too because I think the "racing" within that class will be epic. The LMP provides more of a lapping challenge, but the GT class will provides closer racing. But in the end the R89C with it's awesome sound is just too much of a thrill to pass up for me.

Hopefully at Fuji we'll have good in-class passing opportunities even in the LMP class... that's the reason we picked Fuji... some of the past enduros, Motegi and Laguna in particular, it was almost impossible to pull off a pass in the LMP car.

Going into lounge B for a bit of practice if anyone wants to join.

Paul, the main lounge has just been converted into practice for this Enduro

Speedy6543
Paul, the main lounge has just been converted into practice for this Enduro

Just seen your post. Mohit joined for a while, was into low 29's before I left.

I would join Frank. Was always very helpful doing these dry runs 👍
What would be the time and date?

EDIT: I'm in the main lounge for some practice. Anybody is welcome to join.

Last edited:
Would anybody already be intrested in running a full practise this weekend ?

Unlikely for me due to NFL football playoffs, but it would depend on the time. Aren't there already Academy and Saturday attack events planned for Saturday this week? Were you thinking Friday or Sunday? I would have a chance of being available Saturday morning (my time), but that would make a long day for those that want to participate in the Academy and Attack races.

Last edited:
I would be interested in a full or partial race practice, depending on time of course. I am not able to make the real event due to work.

Al

I'm about two thirds of the way done the 24h Le Mans enduro on my main account using the Bentley Speed 8, so I thought I would attempt the quali in both cars even though I'll probably race in the GT car. I just had a 1'31.005 with praiano's tune.

I used the tranny trick, but I don't really like how 1st and 2nd gears behave. They take a long time to build up, and then suddenly "explode". Tim, I saw your note in the raw data but could not really understand it. If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it!

I'm about two thirds of the way done the 24h Le Mans enduro on my main account using the Bentley Speed 8, so I thought I would attempt the quali in both cars even though I'll probably race in the GT car. I just had a 1'31.005 with praiano's tune.

I used the tranny trick, but I don't really like how 1st and 2nd gears behave. They take a long time to build up, and then suddenly "explode". Tim, I saw your note in the raw data but could not really understand it. If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it!

On the "explosion" I assume you are talking about the R89C?

That's part of the beast. You can put 2nd gear all the way to the left just like 1st gear which helps a little and then short shift into 3rd on the tricky bits. But it's going to require throttle control no matter what tranny/tune you use... just the way the torque curve is on the car.

You should only need 1st gear for the first half of Dunlop (right hand turn section) and you can shift into 2nd going into the 2nd part (left hand section) and then you have to be careful on the throttle through the rest of T3. Short shifting won't kill you because you can't use all the power anyway... there isn't enough grip.... I'm basically babying the thing all the way until the straight.

Bart is killing me in T3 so maybe he has some better advice...

Back