GTP WRS-Online : Special XI - Fujissan Mixed Class Enduro - Jan 26/27

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 293 comments
I lost track of time. Hope you guys have a good full Enduro practice there.

Meanwhile, I uploaded Bart's replay. It's still processing but should be good in about an hour I think.

Last edited:
Awesome race guys. Was off my game pretty bad at the start, but on about stint 3 I started to be able to pick up the pace a bit. Still a good bit slower than Bart and Wes, but that's no surprise.

The car is fun to drive and always keeps your attention. No way to think about strategy or anything else so have that worked out ahead of time.

Inter class passing was pretty fun. A few challenging spots and a few easy spots and nothing too bad. Sector 3 was fine as the speeds were basically the same, unless the two cars were on vastly different tread, so basically no point attempting a pass after Dunlop and until the straight. The trickiest part to catch is the beginning of 130R or really anywhere there as outside passes are risky. But it wouldn't be fun without a challenge and some required slow down at times.

I need to find about 0.5 secs per lap pace in order to stay on the lead lap with Bart (and Wes if he runs) so that's basically my goal. Finish 90 laps and stay on the lead lap. Anything else is gravy.

Fun race guys, good clean driving, and a lot of fun.

As for my race, well thats were practises are for, was on the pace first 10 laps, then made mistake, almost did a solo for the rest of the race, only had a battle with Noize but at that time I was on worn tyres. My pace and pit strategy was totaly off.

Therefore I did another 37 (boothcamp) laps right afther finishing the race....:) There you go that will teach me !! :D

Had to drop out really early. Had some stuff to do. Was having a terrible time anyways.

I'll be mostly in the lounge for the next few hours if anyone's interested in joining. Have to fix my tune. Just going to check out some tuning guides first.

I watched some of Bart's lines and tried to emulate... made a lot of mistakes changing things up for the first 10-15 laps, but then made a few improvements... finally got into the 1'28s, but just barely at 1'28.998. On that lap I had a pretty bad T1 where I lost two tenths so 1'28.7 is definitely there for me. Definitely more consistently in the low 1'29s too now... Still need to find more pace, but there's time.

Fried for today and calling it a night.

Good race last night guys:tup:
You'll be having loads of fun with a full grid in the 'real' race.
And it sure won't do you harm to practise a full race,that's what I learned yesterday :)
Even the 5 min break requires some practise with finding the right button I discovered :banghead:

Good race yesterday. Thanks for capturing that replay, Chris! I wanted to do that myself too, but your upload has great image quality as always. I would have had to film it from the screen with a camera...

I'm probably going to need to qualify tomorrow night. Just realized I'm going to be away all week on business and then skiing over the long weekend. Thought I'd be back on Monday, but turns out the kids have Monday off and I'll be away that day as well. I would have a small window on Friday, but that will be cold after not driving anything for 5 days...

... so I guess I'm going to need a steward tomorrow. My preference is to do it fairly late as I'll be glued to the TV in the afternoon watching NFL football.

Anyone going to be available late tomorrow Pacific? Like 10:00 PM or something like that if at all possible. Later would also work. I'll get on the game about 8:30 PM and need some time to practice and then I'll have to just do it.

I'm planning to qualify later this afternoon. If a steward would be available somewhere between 15:00 and 18:00 GMT that would be great.

I've just opened the lounge and plan to be here quite a while. I may still be around then.

Nice vid Speedy! :)

350kph on the straight :lol: - Anyone would think the power limiter was broken.... :drool:

****Lounge Closed for Qualifying****
Please do not enter GTP_3D3Racing lounge until I update this message

Well done Bart, nice laps.

Last edited:

Well done again Bart, this time for GT class.

Last edited:

Lounge open. Nice run n0ize.

Last edited:
Going into the lounge for some practice if anyone would like to join.

Jumping in the lounge. Hoping someone can watch my quali run maybe in 30-45 mins?

My daughter is up very early :crazy: so I'll join the lounge in about 10min.

Lounge Open. Thanks Speedy.

Totally flubbed up my quali. Just wasn't ready, but no time to wait. I might attempt with the GT class next week and switch over. I'll be away until the 22nd, see you guys later.

Last edited:
The actual Enduro falls on The Australia Day public holiday, so I might even be able to race (YAAAY!), wife permitting. Currently thinking GT class, as 2.4 hours may allow for interference from a small person.

Buuut... where are the tunes at? All winged keel and secret sauce so far?

^^ Running blind on my end. If you saw me on track you would know instantly :)

Well, I'm running the same car I did for "Rock the KazSpa", and it has one tuning sheet called 'Pekka' and another one called 'Marc'... must be from back in your tunin' days :P

The actual Enduro falls on The Australia Day public holiday, so I might even be able to race (YAAAY!), wife permitting. Currently thinking GT class, as 2.4 hours may allow for interference from a small person.

Buuut... where are the tunes at? All winged keel and secret sauce so far?

Haven't touched the GT car ever, but I can post my LMP tune tonight if you want to give it a spin.

Well, I'm running the same car I did for "Rock the KazSpa", and it has one tuning sheet called 'Pekka' and another one called 'Marc'... must be from back in your tunin' days :P

It has been a while since I tuned a car up :(
I need to spend some time with the R89 to figure out it's handling a bit better. My old habit of keeping LMPs basically 'neutral' in the left side suspension settings and tuning the Toe and camber for steering improvements didn't work too well in my first session. Probably just need more time rather than a better tune. It's not the easiest car to handle.

I'm pretty sure the KazSpa tune was close to stock on the left side, Toe, camber and lsd were the main adjustments.

Sorry, I see you are out of the lounge by now.
Missed your post.

Best way to get a quali steward, as I said before, is to post a bit ahead of time (at least an hour) letting the stewards know what your time window looks like.

LMP tune (For race):

Set FD to 3.600
Top Speed all the way left.
1st all the way left
2nd all the way left
3rd as is.
4th to 1.795
5th all the way right.

FD all the way left.

Top speed is 402 on top left. It is a bit long but I think it helps a tiny tiny bit in keeping the torques in check as well as helping out a little bit with tire wear.

25/15/10

-30 -30
18.0 17.0 (Drop these numbers if car feels too stiff to drive).
4 7
8 2
7 1
2.0 1.0
-0.1 0.05

BB 5/6 ABS 10

Back