GTP WRS-Online : Special XI - Fujissan Mixed Class Enduro - Jan 26/27

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 293 comments
What about tonight ? 22.00 GMT(friday night in europe) Ofcourse you can park your car whenever you want. If you are not able to go all the way, no problem...

What about tonight ? 22.00 GMT Ofcourse you can park your car whenever you want. If you are not able to go all the way, no problem...

If your tonight is my tomorrow (eg Friday) I may just join you... As you say ... at least for half. Lucas... You have time to hop on a plane and get into my second obutto cockpit if you leave now. :lol: promise no monsoon this time.

If your tonight is my tomorrow (eg Friday) I may just join you... As you say ... at least for half. Lucas... You have time to hop on a plane and get into my second obutto cockpit if you leave now. :lol: promise no monsoon this time.

That would be 11/01/2013 22.00 GMT

Lucas... You have time to hop on a plane and get into my second obutto cockpit if you leave now. :lol: promise no monsoon this time.

Would, if I could. :( Have plans tomorrow night with real-life cars...fixing my daughter's car. :grumpy:

Question,is it allowed to join practise races with the other car then the one you are registered with?

Question,is it allowed to join practise races with the other car then the one you are registered with?

Like Speedy already said ; certainly. These practise races are set up to try out things. This could be cars, or pitstop strategy.... whatever. We are doing full practises but you do not need to end the race. We just want to try out how everything will be going in the real race, and try to be prepaired as good as possible.

Like Speedy already said ; certainly. These practise races are set up to try out things. This could be cars, or pitstop strategy.... whatever. We are doing full practises but you do not need to end the race. We just want to try out how everything will be going in the real race, and try to be prepaired as good as possible.

👍 Thanks.

Racingworld68
What about tonight ? 22.00 GMT(friday night in europe) Ofcourse you can park your car whenever you want. If you are not able to go all the way, no problem...

Would it be possible to start maybe half an hour earlier? If yes count me in.

Ofcourse it is not possible to try and fit the time for everybody, but given the info I have now, this will be our first full practise :

Friday 11/01/2013 21.00 GMT

1. GTP_Racingworld - GT

1. GTP_Racingworld - GT
2. GTP_n0iZe - GT
3. GTP_PASM - LMP

1. GTP_Racingworld - GT
2. GTP_n0iZe - GT
3. GTP_PASM - LMP
4. GTP_Rikson - GT

1. GTP_Racingworld - GT
2. GTP_n0iZe - GT
3. GTP_PASM - LMP
4. GTP_Rikson - GT
5. GTP_gooners_17 - LMP

On the "explosion" I assume you are talking about the R89C?

That's part of the beast. You can put 2nd gear all the way to the left just like 1st gear which helps a little and then short shift into 3rd on the tricky bits. But it's going to require throttle control no matter what tranny/tune you use... just the way the torque curve is on the car.

You should only need 1st gear for the first half of Dunlop (right hand turn section) and you can shift into 2nd going into the 2nd part (left hand section) and then you have to be careful on the throttle through the rest of T3. Short shifting won't kill you because you can't use all the power anyway... there isn't enough grip.... I'm basically babying the thing all the way until the straight.

Bart is killing me in T3 so maybe he has some better advice...

1000px-Fuji.svg.png

Tim is right about the torque curve of the Nissan R89C. There is no way around it. I too use a very long 1st and 2nd gear. Here on the map of the track you can see the Dunlop complex, with turn 10 11 and 12. I take turn 10 and 11 in 1st gear (yellow). Turn 12 in 2nd gear (orange).

Braking for turn 10 I shift down to 1st early together with some trail braking to get the car to turn in nicely. Then just after hitting the turn 10 apex I straighten the car to get some acceleration before turn 11. It's very important to keep the car in a straight line because as soon as you turn a bit you can lose the back end very easily in 1st gear. I use about 60% throttle on this short run to 11. Turn 11 is very tricky because there is a slight bump. I feather it around 11 to immediately shift to 2nd gear before accelerating out of the corner on the way to turn 12. Again it is very important to get the car straight before giving it some throttle. You can take a lot of curb in 12, to get a straighter line on your way to 13.

Turn 13 and Netz are a different kind, because they are medium speed, but still you have to be carefull with the throttle. At one time I found myself going pretty sideways into 13 because of the car getting into peak revs in 2nd gear. I think the best strategy through 13, Netz and Panasonic is to practice on hitting the ideal lines consistently and build the pace from there.

Turn 13 is a late apex, still in 2nd gear. From the late apex in 13 I straighten the car towards the first apex of Netz. I take the curb there as well, while going full throttle for a brief moment. I shift to 3rd and then the corner begins to tighten I brake lightly while going back to 2nd gear. Balancing speed with your line here is key. Go too fast and you will understeer wide or off the track, go too slow and you will end up nearly cutting the grass on the inside of the second apex, if you dont turn out of it. Scrubbing speed at the right rate while your line tightens is where a lot of time can be made or lost. After hitting the second apex of Netz you can let the car run wide until you reach the curbstone. Once the car is straigth again, power can be fed to the wheels again. I find I can go full throttle for a short period here.

Panasonic is the same deal as Netz. There is one exeption: while I use the full width of the track on the outside of Netz, in Panasonic I use about half of the width. This is the faster option because you minimise the distance travelled, while your exit speed is still good. If you were to focus on exit speed instead of laptime (for instance on your outlap) you could try to use the full width in Panasonic.

I hope this post reveals some of the areas where time is won and lost in T3 and that you guys can try some of it out on track ;) 👍 Also, some details can be different for the GT-R, because of the completely different character of the 4wd drivetrain. I think the LMP is about carrying the speed through the corners and the GT class about getting the car turned and then get excellent exit speed.

I also attached a replay of one of my practice runs last weekend. As they say, a picture/video says more than a thousand words

GTP_PASM_Fuji_Nissan_R89C.zip (2.814 MB)

Last edited:
Very nice Bart.👍

I'll see if I can make the practise tonight but I'm not as dedicated as Frank for example so I may not race the whole practise.

Awesome Bart. 👍

I will be checking my schedule today when I get to my office (downstairs :lol:) and hope to sign up and make at least half a race.

Nobody has qualified so we need to figure out starting order... Maybe a quick live group quali session like we do weekly? Or just order by handicap?

I'd have liked to join the practice session tonight, but sadly I'll be on a train while it's going on. :( Hopefully I'll be able to make the next one.

Taken a break from practising due to my left foot hurting for some reason. It's mostly better now, which is just as well as I really need to practise in the R89C...

Brilliant Bart 👍

Ill be watching the replay thanks.

1. GTP_Racingworld - GT
  2. GTP_n0iZe - GT
  3. GTP_PASM - LMP
  4. GTP_Rikson - GT
  5. GTP_gooners_17 - LMP
  6. GTP_Speedy6543 - GT (50% I'll be there)

Thanks for the walkthrough Bart. 👍

I've tried the R89...that's a very different story compared to the GT.
Handling this car for 2.4 hours...:bowdown:

Fujissan Practice Enduro

img.php

Driver List:
  1. GTP_Racingworld - GT
  2. GTP_n0iZe - GT
  3. GTP_PASM - LMP
  4. GTP_Rikson - GT
  5. GTP_gooners_17 - LMP
  7. GTP_WRP001 - LMP (60% I'll be there)

To register, quote this message, remove the quote tags and add your name and class.

Fujissan Practice Enduro

img.php

Driver List:
  1. GTP_Racingworld - GT
  2. GTP_n0iZe - GT
  3. GTP_PASM - LMP
  4. GTP_Rikson - GT
  5. GTP_gooners_17 - LMP
  7. GTP_WRP001 - LMP (60% I'll be there)
  8. GTP_Mamba - LMP (50% I'll be there)

To register, quote this message, remove the quote tags and add your name and class.

Thank you very much Tim and Bart 👍

Could someone be a PAL and make a video of Bart's replay for us NTSC'ers? :D

Could someone be a PAL and make a video of Bart's replay for us NTSC'ers? :D

Give me an "S", give me a "P", give me an "E".... you know where I'm going right? :lol:

3D3Racing Lounge is now open for practise, we will start in about 1 hour.

Full practise, meaning we will do a rolling start, and 5 min extra pitstop during the 1h and 1h30min window.

Starting positions will be sorted out by the times run in the practise that is open until race....

Have fun guys.

And remember you can stop whenever you want to, just park your car in the pits.

Back