GTP WRS-Online : Special XIX - Greatest Hits - The GT5 Grand Finale - Nov 23-24, 2013

• Thread starter oink83
  • 146 comments
oink is about to open the main lounge (GTP_3D3Racing).

Lounge Assignments - Everybody's Golf (Extended, "+ Extra Hole!")

The following drivers will qualify in GTP_3D3Racing (main lounge):

• GTP_Twissy
  • GTP_Vagabond
  • GTP_gooners_17
  • GTP_Caine
  • GTP_Anastasis14
  • GTP_Gravitron
  • GTP_EDK
  • GTP_JTV
  • GTP_oink

The following drivers will qualify in GTP_3D3_B:

• GTP_Patrick1
  • gtp_crispy_one
  • GTP_LeftyWright
  • GTP_Jammy
  • GTP_Sjaak
  • GTP_NishRacer
  • GTP_MadMax86*
  • GTP_ealirendur*
  • GTP_hasslemoff*
  • GTP_AspecBob*
*=reserve

If you have listed yourself as reserve, but you are planning to race and qualify, please also go to 3D3_B for the qualification. Any drivers who arrive after qualification will start from the back of B room for the race.

After qualification, the results will be announced and you will be told if you need to move lounges, and where to go.

The main lounge is set up and ready to be joined for pre-race practice. Please refer to Gravitron's post above to find which room you should attend to for quali.

I've cancelled my entry I'm afraid. I just had a few laps practice before dinner and I'm driving like a t***. My head isn't in it and I'd probably be a liability anyway. Have a good night guys. Sorry to be such a let down.... I'll try and make up for up for it tomorrow hopefully.

Oh, carp. The car I prepared has engine mods. Can anyone send another?

I can send you one, Ren, just send me and FR (GTP_AspecBob) while I exit and dupe my save game.

EDIT: sent. Might need an oil change, not sure.

EDIT2: you're welcome!

Last edited:
Had a lot of fun this morning so I decided to sign up for the Fuji race tomorrow. I think I can get just enough practice in to get a solid last place finish.

Edit: I wrote this a few hours ago but forgot to hit the "post reply" button.

That was a real blast guys thanks for the race!

I can happily conclude that 1 stop is not faster! Definitely a shame I didn't go for 2 stops and battled all the way through with you guys, but as it was, ran a pretty solid 2nd stint and still couldn't hold onto my position!

For anyone who didn't race, I recommend watching the 1st stint on the replay from my video above, that was one of the most fun I've had racing here, really top notch stuff!

I just watched the replay of Lobby B race and I want to say that I don't know if I have ever played a better game of chess then what just happened. It was just the best. Running w/ Kevin was gritty, nothing was given it had to be taken. I can't believe my car was so adjustable from the TT setup. I made a wild guess based on how I liked the car to handle from the last TT on the F version and it's like the track came to me. Had a great time. 👍

I just watched the replay of Lobby B race and I want to say that I don't know if I have ever played a better game of chess then what just happened. It was just the best. Running w/ Kevin was gritty, nothing was given it had to be taken. I can't believe my car was so adjustable from the TT setup. I made a wild guess based on how I liked the car to handle from the last TT on the F version and it's like the track came to me. Had a great time. 👍
Great battle we had there. 👍 I was surprised by your relentless pace, you came alive from the quali.

Is this your first 3D3/WRS Online win?

I knew we should have sent Lefty to the A room. :lol: Nice job, Lefty. 👍
Congrats to Patrick for a great drive to 2nd. I killed your chances at the win
with that boneheaded move and am sorry for that. :( You bounced right
back and started leaving me in the dust. 👍

Congrats Twissy, Mohit, and Tim for the room A podium spots. :cheers:

Room A:

event115.2_Aresults.PNG

Room B:

event115.2_Bresults.PNG

Combined:

event115.2_combinedResults.PNG

I figured given Lefty's "69" at the end of his name, he'd prefer this for his first win instead of something more traditional:

And here's the combined results from the earlier race:

event115.1_combinedResults.PNG

Last edited:
That was an unexpected pleasure there Grav 👍 Podium/Anthem "Great Call" I remember that when it first came out... lol I was dreaming about racing cars at that age.

Just to throw it out there, I was getting ~ 4.5 Litres/Lap at Spa in the ZR1. Needing ~150L for the race.

Also, I managed to go 1 second faster than my best lap from the World Cup, so good signs of improvement!

I killed your chances at the win
with that boneheaded move and am sorry for that
Lucas, I watched the replay of that, it was really just bad luck. You touched the grass ever so slightly and your car just did a 90 across the track and clipped me. As they say in Nascar "That's racing". That was by far the most fun I ever had in a race, never before was I that competitive, it did help that I was in the room with mere mortals and not going against the aliens. I had a 5 second lead with 4 to go, but being on a one stop strategy, my tires were yielding times 2 seconds slower than Lefty, he got me on the last lap and won by .8 seconds. I practiced that race both ways, one and two stops and found that the one stop for me was 5 seconds faster overall. Great job Lefty , and thanks Kevin and Lucas for the tight back and forth racing. Looking forward to racing in GT6, this was a great event and thanks to all the mods for putting so much time into these events every week.

Last edited:
Just to throw it out there, I was getting ~ 4.5 Litres/Lap at Spa in the ZR1. Needing ~150L for the race.

Also, I managed to go 1 second faster than my best lap from the World Cup, so good signs of improvement!
I hate to break your spirit :sly: but tyre wear is now normal and not fast so lap times will be down somewhat.

Edit: Also regretfully add that I have decided to withdraw from the Spa event. Really looking forward to TZ2 TZU, but I did a little run of Spa yesterday and wasn't feeling it so much, and I was also reminded of some work that needs to be done so that seems to make sense.

Sorry guys, have to cancel both races. I'm sick.
Hate to miss them, but I'm not in the condition to race.
Have fun out there 👍

Hope your feeling better soon Daniel.

Also, JTV reminded me the other day (which I was not aware of) but you can actually paint the Alfa despite it being a race car, so don't forget to do that so we aren't all just in red!

Sorry everyone ,I have to cancel for the TZ2 race. I have the right HP and pp, but didn't realize you cant take the ADJ LSD off.:grumpy: My dumb mistake for not checking. Have a great race see you at Spa.

Sorry everyone ,I have to cancel for the TZ2 race. I have the right HP and pp, but didn't realize you cant take the ADJ LSD off.:grumpy: My dumb mistake for not checking. Have a great race see you at Spa.
The car comes with that, so you should be fine. The only things that would keep you off the track are engine stage upgrades or chassis reinforcement. Did you already try entering track in your own lobby, with tuning restricted?

Today was the first time I went into my lobby and set tuning restricted, I have everything set on default but wouldn't let me in. And I don't have engine upgrades or chassis reinforcement.

I am trying to double check everything now. Thanks Kevin

Today was the first time I went into my lobby and set tuning restricted, I have everything set on default but wouldn't let me in. And I don't have engine upgrades or chassis reinforcement.

I am trying to double check everything now. Thanks Kevin
Just go through each tuning option one at a time and select "Reset to Default".

Otherwise, you'll just drive yourself mad. :lol:

Well, I'm out. My car has chassis reinforcement installed. I didn't think to look for it because I never install it.

Sorry, I was looking forward to this. Have fun everyone.

Well, I'm out. My car has chassis reinforcement installed. I didn't think to look for it because I never install it.

Sorry, I was looking forward to this. Have fun everyone.
I can send you a car if you want to run.

EDIT - ooops, I guess I really can't. Sill trading dollar limit. :ouch:

Thanks Kevin, I am good now. I had changed back to stock wheels and it changed my gears in my transmission.:dunce:

I am back in.:)

Back