GTP WRS-Online : Special XIX - Greatest Hits - The GT5 Grand Finale - Nov 23-24, 2013

• Thread starter oink83
  • 146 comments
Is it possible to use a borrowed car? I have one with 70 miles that I could run in the rest of the way and loan out.

EDIT - I guess that won't work, either, since that would take about 40 minutes and I need to warm up for the event.

I'm happy to loan out the car that I am using to race in today, if that will work. Does anyone know if I can loan the car, use it, and someone else can use it at the same time? I'm guessing that's not possible?

Not for online racing unfortunately.

@ otxjo, if you want to run your custom wheels just reset transmission gearing to default and it should allow you on track.

Thanks anyway Kevin, I just need to pay more attention to details, I miss more than I should. I'll just finish earning credits for next week's car.

Not for online racing unfortunately.

@ otxjo, if you want to run your custom wheels just reset transmission gearing to default and it should allow you on track.
I don't think you did the @otxjto right, there's a space in there and it did not link. If you do it without the space, it should show you a dropdown with available names.

Sorry guys, have to cancel both races. I'm sick.
Hate to miss them, but I'm not in the condition to race.
Have fun out there 👍

Feel better Daniel. I'll be sick and race for the both of us. Team T-virus ftw. :gtpflag:

Watch it with me, Doodle haha
I had an unfortunate early retirement. Not sure if I was lag punting others, apologies if I was.

Also can someone send me this replay; thanks in advance.

I hate to break your spirit :sly: but tyre wear is now normal and not fast so lap times will be down somewhat.

Hmm I've never noticed grip differences between Normal, Fast and Very Fast before.. only on and off... but yeah that could be the explanation... However when I started practicing I was about the same as in the World Cup, wasn't until I re-watched the replay from the World Cup and followed the lines of the quick guys that I gained some time, but meh. Will still be a good race either way! :D

Great race mid pack. I watched Paul's YouTube stream, which was great, starting on lap 15. Saw Paul reel in Kevin and Jon and Nish catch the three of them. Excellent back and forth racing through the rest of the race, had fun watching.

Sorry guys, have to cancel both races. I'm sick.
Hate to miss them, but I'm not in the condition to race.
Have fun out there 👍

Get well soon Daniel 👍

Looks like I'll be racing the Spa race :)

Congratulations Twissy on the win.

Lucas, we was lapped! Thanks a lot for hanging out the back with me, that was fun. Would have been a very lonely race otherwise. I came totally unprepared and was still experimenting with my brake points by the end...

Congratulations Twissy on the win.

Lucas, we was lapped! Thanks a lot for hanging out the back with me, that was fun. Would have been a very lonely race otherwise. I came totally unprepared and was still experimenting with my brake points by the end...
It was a nice way to forget the frustration of the start of the race. :)

Congrats Twissy for another win, and to Matthew and T-L for the podiums.

event115.3_results.PNG

Watch it with me, Doodle haha
I had an unfortunate early retirement. Not sure if I was lag punting others, apologies if I was.

Also can someone send me this replay; thanks in advance.

From what I was told me and you couldn't see each other on the track and were driving inside each others cars causing the game to do very odd things, sorry that you ended up leaving.

Was a very entertaining race all the way through.

What a fitting tribute to GT5 and the WRS! I competed in 3 of the 4 races, and I think they were my best races in GT5!

GVS + Nurb were brilliant, close, fast and fair. Exactly what the WRS is about! Out of the 3, Spa was the best. Although it was handed to me on a plate in the end, I am so glad to have made the podium after my dreadful start to the race. Missed the jump off the line, (Chris - mega start btw!), then was too eager out of T1 and spun the rears dropping a few more places. Then on the exit of Blanchimont, Jon got a little sideways, and while trying to avoid hitting him I then lost control and ended up on the grass watching the whole field go past. From then on it looked bleak, but I just kept on pushing and eventually got within sight of the lead pack. Unfortunately that's all it was, a sight. But then with Bart's small bladder :D and Chris's wall magnet giving me 3rd place, dead chuffed.

I want to say a big thank-you to everyone involved with 3D3/WRS, you've not only given me some great racing, many late nights trying to find those last few tenths in the TT's, and lots of new friends, but you have also helped me improve as a racer. The community here is great, which is why this has been such a success.

Next on the agenda, GT6! Looking forward to seeing you all then, and taking on the new challenges! Thanks again all! :cheers:

Great fun, thanks guys. :cheers: Its been a long road through GT5 and what fun its been. I'm really glad I managed to get in tonight and finish the race without too many mishaps... at least, I didn't take anyone out and only fell off the track half a dozen times. 👍

Many thanks to everyone who has made the WRS what it is both on and off-line. We've had a blast, made some friends, and learned alot.... see you all in GT6 I hope. Take care guys. :)

JTV reminded me the other day (which I was not aware of) but you can actually paint the Alfa despite it being a race car, so don't forget to do that so we aren't all just in red!

I know it's a bit late to be reacting to this, but have a look here. Planning to do the same with today's race in a few minutes, stay tuned.

Congrats Mohit, Jon, and Tim for the final podiums for the weekend. :cheers:

After watching a bit of the replay, I'm still at a loss for how Chris and Bart's one-stop strategy was slower. :confused:
Or did I miss something? Please let me know if I got your pit strategy wrong in the table below.

Thanks and sorry to all those that came in proximity to me today...I'm just glad I didn't take anyone out like I did yesterday. :sly:

Apologies again for the race-end timer being set to 30sec. :( The gaps below are estimated, based on the next-to-last lap gaps.

event115.4_results.PNG

Last edited:
Hmm... I think I pitted only once, but it already seems so far away, now...

EDIT: yep, confirmed, just checked on my replay.

EDIT2:

Twissy.jpg

AspecBob.jpg EDK.jpg gmmatthew.jpg NishRacer.jpg Gravitron.jpg oink.jpg T-L.jpg JTV-b.jpgMadMax86-b.jpg Revoy-b.jpgPatrick1-b.jpg otxjto-b.jpg

EDIT3: brightened up 5 pictures (EV=-1 while others were taken at EV=-1.7)

Last edited:
Must be a new forum thing. Was about to ask who's car was who's, but hovering over the image revealed it.

I'm still at a loss for how Chris and Bart's one-stop strategy was slower. :confused:
Bart had to have an extended pit stop I think... :lol:

In my case, I just didn't drive consistently (:P) and had a few key 'offs' - Lost the rear several times exiting Stavelot for starters. Then leading on about lap 25, I ran wide exiting Pouhon and lost the rear, ended up on the grass on the other side of the track and ran wide all the way round the run off area at turn 13. Mohit passed me not surprisingly and Jon was then on my tail. Next lap (I think) I missed Eau Rouge so backed off and let Jon pass me there. I think I would've been good for 3rd though and then drove straight into the wall coming round La Source at the start of the last lap, which then degenerated into my worst lap of the race. I think that accounts for the 'missing' time. :sly:

I'd like to just comment on how much Mohit and Jon in particular have improved since starting the WRS. Great driving guys. 👍

Crispy was plus 1 lap by the way

In the immortal words of John Goodman: 'Mark it zero!' :)

We're being generous, since we forgot to set the race end timer for 3min. We figured he would have completed the 24 laps before the 3min timer ended the race.

Please mark me +1 lap for the first race. I don't think I would have made it before the 120 after I ran out of fuel that 2nd time. :yuck: I think it's safe to say that I'm used to running fuel-worry-free TTs. I plan on participating in more racing events in GT6. Hopefully, my performance will improve.

:gtpflag:

Thanks, guys!

Must be a new forum thing. Was about to ask who's car was who's, but hovering over the image revealed it.

And that was automatic, too, it just comes from the file names.

I imported them all at once in the message, but for some reason Twissy's didn't show up. It was the last one alphabetically. When I put it back, I decided to put it on top, since he was the winner. Although all pictures were taken with the same EV (-1.7), some are darker. I should have pointed the camera elsewhere first, and then locked the exposure before moving the camera into position and taking the picture. I might try to correct that tonight.

Last edited:
Back