GTP WTAC Week 03 : Captain Tsubasa !

easyasashii

Premium
France
France
PureGT_Sam
Hi guys ! Here is Week 03 : "Captain Tsubasa" ! Which one will be the fastest car ? Nissan or Honda ??? Let's find out !

1. Track: El Capitan - Reverse

2. Cars : Honda TAKATA DOME NSX (JGTC) '03 and Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R (JGTC) '03 (you'll may chose which one you'll compete with or even compete with both !)

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: R1 / R1
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating is forbidden..

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday May 24th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday May 31st 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

5. Time submission : Youll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday May 31st 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you missed the deadline, your laptime won't be in the website.

6. Rules : You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

7. Leader Boards
The leaderboards will be on the website :

- Week 03 Results

Good luck !

Last edited:
Hey man, its great that your getting these out in advance, as it gives me a chance to buy some cars in time for the week (just got the Penzoil Nissan today! :D ) But the 3 weeks so far feel to me similar in cars, they all Touring car challenges, either DTM or JGTC. Just saying could you mix it up? Or is it a theme your running with?

Not that I don't like them, as I will race them, but seeing as the F1 this weekend is at Monaco, thought it would be cool for a Ferrari 2007 TAC at Monaco. Just a suggestion :)

Glad to know that knowing the car in advance does help you !

About the cars, because we already have lbsf1's challenges with stock cars I thought I'll propose challenges with race cars, sort of balance there. Moreover, whereas there is more place for improvement with stock cars, race cars give people more chance to do great laptimes without tuning and most of people loves race cars so kinda hope to attract more participants...

At first I wanted to do a wrs style of TAC, so only one car one track combo but then I decided to add a second car with almost the same characteristics so that we can have a choice and can run one or two cars, can compare too !

I did love the Glubags' season3 with stock cars vs race cars but looks like we're too short on drivers to do another season right now... I was hoping to have more people joining with race cars and because they're expensive, if you have at least one of the ones needed, you can do something -more chance to have participants- !

However we could try to do a weekly Stock vs Race too ;) !

About the Monaco-Ferrari combo we already done that in Shigegaki's season 2so don't want to do a remake... But we can think about "Les 24 heures du Mans" in June ;) !

Could you guys please try to get those two cars too please ? Just in case they're needed ;) !

- Nissan SKYLINE GT-R M.spec Nür (R34) '02
- Honda NSX '01

hi I am up for this one too, but as an unfortunately event, I don't have those cars yet, if you could put nissan motul pit works, that is a good race car,a lot of potential.

:lol: ! I know she's a really great car... So see this challenge as a great opportunity for you to try out those two cars too, and in comparaison, they are really great ones too !

You still have 10 days to buy at least one of them ;) ! Good luck !

PS : Could you please buy those two stock cars too ;) ?

hello i am really interested in joining this challenge and this would be my first time attack challenge that i would be competing in so i hope i do good and i am looking to try to buy and compete in the takata dome nsx.

Yes and No :

Nissan SKYLINE GT-R M.spec Nür (R34) '02 (that's the one we might need but not sure yet)
and
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V.spec II Nür (R34) '02

Make sure you have the right one ;) !

hi all !

1.44.368 so far

a question to all:

wich view you prefer, you tacer´s?

please post some times so that i know where i am ...

fuchur

Hi Fuchur, I use bumper view (only the track view) ! About the times, we will post but just to remind you :
"this challenge will start Monday May 24th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday Jun 1st 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)"

So the challenge hasn't officially started yet -consequently shouldn't be able to speak about laptimes yet-, and we're still on Week 02's challenge ! But don't worry, we'll be there !

Keep on the good work ;) !

Last edited:
hi all !

1.44.368 so far

a question to all:

wich view you prefer, you tacer´s?

please post some times so that i know where i am ...

fuchur

I've had a couple of quick races so far with the XANAVI Nismo JGTC and have managed a time of 1:42.2xx. That is on default settings but with Aerodynamics on highest setting for both front and rear.

My preferred view is the one on top of the car, on its roof. I don't like it in other games, just for GTPSP, I just feels it gives me a better view of the road and I can be more accurate with my car placement.

hi

thank you for support

so i m not so far away...;) 1.41.9xx i get in the afternoon

i think i run now around 50 laps

still this start setting too (thanks lion face :tup)

fuchur :gtpflag:

Nice Fuchur ! I haven't started yet... Like Lion-Face I play in arcade mode first in order to earn money and not to forget how to race ! I also select only one dealership to see what the car is capable of !

[...]
My preferred view is the one on top of the car, on its roof. I don't like it in other games, just for GTPSP, I just feels it gives me a better view of the road and I can be more accurate with my car placement.

:lol: I think Glubags is using the same view, that's true that you have a better view of the track, a little more in advance but it is hard to see the speedometer ... And I don't understand how you guys can set your springs/dampers with this view... However that obviously works for you : you're always ahead of me and have better tuning approach ;) !!!

Personnaly, I like bumper view, the speedometer is clearer, I know it's more a Karting view than GT view, I can see less track but I do have more adrenalin !

What about you Fuchur ? Which view do you use ???

Hi guys ! So I just ran a three laps Single Race with both cars and best laps :

Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R (JGTC) '03 : 1'43.2xx
Honda TAKATA DOME NSX (JGTC) '03 : 1'43.3xx

I think the Nissan has far more potential than the Honda... Or that's just me...

Gotta go to work, will run tonight on Time Trial mode and try out some L-F tuning ;) !

good morning!

i use bumper view in the moment
before i use onboard view, most adrenalin, less view:)

but :in life i sit in middle of the car not on the bumper. try this :stand on the track in a curve and chang view´s . interesting , isn t it (but anyway in some cars you see less)

tonight i run a 1.41.1xx

i buy the honda run some laps and decide : first concentrate on the nissan (like that sound) maybe for this challange?

i run first the arcade mode too... but the next q : you feel a different acarde / timetrial i´m not shur so far

have a nice day fuchur

[...]
tonight i run a 1.41.1xx

Nice 👍 !!! So your goal is to have at least a 1'40.xxx for your submission time ! ;)

i buy the honda run some laps and decide : first concentrate on the nissan (like that sound) maybe for this challange?

I love that engine sound too ! With the right headphones, it's amazing ! In the Best sounding car thread I voted for the Nissan MOTUL PITWORK Z (JGTC) '04 and the Toyota WOODONE TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) '03, The Motul and Xanavi have both amazing engine sound !

About which car to use first, it is up to you and remember :

"you'll may chose which one you'll compete with or even compete with both !"

-it is good knowing you're running both cars though ;)-

i run first the arcade mode too... but the next q : you feel a different acarde / timetrial i´m not shur so far

It is not that the car is different, your driving style is : in Time Trial, I push the car more than when I'm racing ! When I race, I'm going for the first place and when I am, I don't want to mess it up and lose the money I could have by "trying" something different in the last lap : I try to keep on driving fast but safe and might spend too much time watching my rear view miror !!! ;) ! In Time Trial, I experiment a lot and focus more on every details ahead of me that could help me runing a faster lap !

To sum up : the difference is how you drive, not the car ! Different goal, different style !

Less speaking, time to run !

Hi guys, just ran 20 laps with the Nissan (10 default settings, 10 with :bowdown:L-F tuning approach -aero max, spring+damper/2, all 0, all off... magic !-)

2 best laps :

1'41.110 with a 0'34.733 1st split
1'41.023 with a 0'33.585 1st split (and a tiny yellow sparkle a the crest's wall before the tunnel... so unclean...)

So if I do the maths : 0'34.733 - 0'33.585 = 0'01.148 ; 1'41.110 - 0'01.148 = 1'39.962...

Conclusion : my guess is I'll sure be in the 1'40.xxx -Fuchur, Detroitbb too ;)- and Lion-Face in the 1'39.xxx...

Fuchur, Detroitbb, we'll have to get that 1'39.xxx !!! Lion-Face, we won't let you fly away that easy... ;) !!! See you at submission time ;) !!!

hi

today i try i little tuning 1.40.8xx ... then come back to lion face start setup and run 1.40.8xx :lol:
(i play a little bit around with toe angel)

my best first split was 33.9xx
most is around 34.4xx

4 lap arcarde 6.52.0xx ( maybe interesting to run a challang with more laps )

hey lion you find a first step to tuning?

fuchur

1'40.8xx 👍👍👍 !

So you'll have to try to have a 0'33.xxx first split everytime ;) ! You're on the way to hit the 1'39 !

Sometimes 4th gear is better than 3rd : under-revving seems to be more efficient at some key-corners ;) !

I can't get involved again yet, I need someone to share their cars with me, I don't have the money, or time to go and buy all these cars.

id be up for the challenge but my memory stick lost 1gb of space so i had to reformat it, which menat i lost all my data

What I usually do is watching a movie and run laps at Test Drive (Test Drive, S-class, 2 laps, Bugatti Veyron, AT, sound off). Then you'll have a 3 000 000 credits without knowing it ;) !

Honda TAKATA DOME NSX (JGTC) '03 : 1,250,000 credits
Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R (JGTC) '03 : 1,250 000 credits

And you can only run one of them if you want to ;) ! A little bit more than 5 days to go ;)...

PS : hope to see you guys at week 05 ;) !

Back