GTP WTAC Week 28 : Rally Challenge presented by rpr101

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 81 comments
GTP WTAC Week 28 : Rally Challenge presented by rpr101

*** Two classic Gran Turismo rally cars are presented for rpr101's challenge. The 1995 Toyota Celica GT-Four Rally Car (ST205) first appeared in GT3 and was somewhat behind the curve as other competitor's models became more compact with better weight distribution (the Celica GT-Four has a long, sports car-like nose). The ST205 performed fairly well considering that it's previous power advantage with the ST185 was pretty much wiped out when smaller turbo restrictors were mandated by the WRC (from 38mm to 34mm). Toyota kept the same engine from the previous model and someone at TTE (Toyota Team Europe) made a really bad call to use an illegal turbo restrictor. They were caught and Toyota received a 1 year ban from the the WRC. The other car for this event is another highly recognizable vehicle: the 1999 Subaru Impreza Rally Car. This car made it's appearance in GT 2 and can't be discussed without mentioning it's visual scheme. The blue mica paint and bright yellow six-star logo design is something that anyone who has played a GT game will instantly remember. This car was new for the 1999 WRC season and struggled until the 7th round. After that, it racked up podium finishes in seven out of the final eight rounds and finished second to Toyota in the Manufacturers’ Championship. ***

1. Track : Tahiti Maze (forward)

picture.php

2. Cars : Toyota Celica GT-Four Rally Car (ST205) '95 & Subaru Impreza '99

celicaf.jpg
l
impreza.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: DRT / DRT
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday Nov. 22nd 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday Nov. 29th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday Nov. 29th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.
- NO SPARKS!

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

----------------------

8. Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l PiTch_####.lll22
2nd #-l Sylar#####lllll19#
small_up_arrow.gif

3rd #l- leasyasashii##l16#
small_down_arrow.gif

4th #l-llDan360#####15
5th #l-l Detroitbb ##.ll13
6th #l-l red ice######8#(tied)
6th #l-l Lion-Face###..8#(tied)

----------------------

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Nice one! this is gonna be my last WTAC for this year. Definitely whatever time I have, I will submit on december 3.

Thanks, rpr101!

Hi, I'm new here and have a question; how can you put a video here of your replay?

Hi there. If you're referring to the SAVEDATA ghost replay file, All you have to do is copy it from your PSP and then when you post a message, Go Advanced Options and click Manage attachments.

If you're referring to the Video itself? Well I use an application called Remotejoylite for PSP which transfers the PSP screen to the PC and I record it. Then after rendering the video file I upload it to Youtube and Attach it to the message.

Hi there. If you're referring to the SAVEDATA ghost replay file, All you have to do is copy it from your PSP and then when you post a message, Go Advanced Options and click Manage attachments.

If you're referring to the Video itself? Well I use an application called Remotejoylite for PSP which transfers the PSP screen to the PC and I record it. Then after rendering the video file I upload it to Youtube and Attach it to the message.
Okey, thanks.
But if I do like 20 laps.. How can I save the replay that it only saves the fastest lap?

hello guys i know i have not been on for a while but ill sure try to make this session and hopefully ill be able to stay close to your times x_X

YOSH!! wait, the duration of the challenge seems 1 week advanced. So, this won't be my last WTAC for the year. hehehehe

4WD 👍
Hairpins 👍
Off-road 👍

Powersliding out of a hairpin at Tahiti Maze. 👍👍👍

This week is going to be fun!

At the end of my first session, both cars are in the 2'27.6xx range.

I'll be competing for last place this week as usual for any rally competition! I actually enjoy them a lot, but I'm just not skilled at rallying!

I'll be competing for last place this week as usual for any rally competition! I actually enjoy them a lot, but I'm just not skilled at rallying!

I'm not big on rallying either, but the concept of going fast is the same as on tarmac.

My general tips are:
You have to brake before the turn, trail off the braking while turning in, give the car a boot of power to swing the back around and control the angle of drift with the accelerator. When you see the exit of the corner, you need to tap the accelerator to regain traction and accelerate forward and out of the corner.

If your still sliding sideways as your exiting the corner, you losing time, you need to be going forward as soon as your past the apex, and the most important corners are the ones that lead onto the long straights.

Its fairly basic stuff, but its often the basics that give you the best speed and times. Tahiti Maze isn't a difficult rally course, plenty of switchbacks but if you can nail one, thats 50% of the track. The difficulty is the length and consistency and keeping off the walls that makes a good lap tricky. Braking too late on tarmac can cost you a tenth or two, braking too late on dirt can put you into the wall.

Brake early, keep tight lines through the switchbacks and don't get too sideways on the fast sections.

So far I'm in the last 1:26's after a handful of laps in the Subaru. I need everyone to be fast this week, if Pitch isn't going to be posting a fast time, I need him down the results sheets as much as possible if I'm going to make it 2 WTAC's in a row :D

My general tips are:
You have to brake before the turn, trail off the braking while turning in, give the car a boot of power to swing the back around and control the angle of drift with the accelerator. When you see the exit of the corner, you need to tap the accelerator to regain traction and accelerate forward and out of the corner.

If your still sliding sideways as your exiting the corner, you losing time, you need to be going forward as soon as your past the apex, and the most important corners are the ones that lead onto the long straights.

Its fairly basic stuff, but its often the basics that give you the best speed and times. Tahiti Maze isn't a difficult rally course, plenty of switchbacks but if you can nail one, thats 50% of the track. The difficulty is the length and consistency and keeping off the walls that makes a good lap tricky. Braking too late on tarmac can cost you a tenth or two, braking too late on dirt can put you into the wall.

Brake early, keep tight lines through the switchbacks and don't get too sideways on the fast sections.

👍

hmmm, actually tahiti maze is just repeating hairpins but of different radius sizes, i think the key here is track knowledge and track time. Some quick turns and some sweeping corners.
Current time @ 2'30.xxx with the Impreza

Last edited:
aw, you guys are fast!

Yes, They are really fast!!! but as long as you get to enjoy the ride and the challenge it will be a learning experience. Don't worry, about your combined times yet, the important thing is practice, practice . Avoid wall sparks, get to enjoy Pro Physics, and follow TAC rules.

I'm not ashamed of my times at all even if they are slow as I have put time and patience on each week. Its the fun of the enjoying a weekly meet-up with you guys. This is the reason why I'm still here. LOL!!

Yes, They are really fast!!! but as long as you get to enjoy the ride and the challenge it will be a learning experience. Don't worry, about your combined times yet, the important thing is practice, practice . Avoid wall sparks, get to enjoy Pro Physics, and follow TAC rules.

I'm not ashamed of my times at all even if they are slow as I have put time and patience on each week. Its the fun of the enjoying a weekly meet-up with you guys. This is the reason why I'm still here. LOL!!
Yes afcourse I'm doing this for fun!

Back