GTP_OMRS Month 3: Bad Medicine

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 127 comments
Very interesting, I wondered why the car drove a little different.

I did notice the rear was sliding a little more, good thing to know, thanks for the tip guys. Now I just have to get better at car setup, couldn't keep the front from pushing to much.

Is there a way to open a private lobby to practice in, or do you just limit it to two people, how do you guys do this.

As far as I'm aware, if you go to "Community" in the tabs where you have GT Life, etc. then you can go to Lounge and only people on your friends list can join, that I know of.

I've never had anyone jump in while I did that.

I've set up "Test and tune" rooms before and just never actually raced, people would come and go, people would stay and tune and just drive the track with me, it wasn't bothersome at all...

As far as I'm aware, if you go to "Community" in the tabs where you have GT Life, etc. then you can go to Lounge and only people on your friends list can join, that I know of.

I've never had anyone jump in while I did that.

I've set up "Test and tune" rooms before and just never actually raced, people would come and go, people would stay and tune and just drive the track with me, it wasn't bothersome at all...

Thanks Digitool, I didn't think about the community lobby.

See you guys next month! Need to work on my setups though. There's some really fast guys out there. Need to get faster myself also, I'll use my standard excuse, old eyes and reflexes.:)

Good thoughts on the Pics, CSL, I'll try and get some up. Crispy and myself were within a second of each other for about first 8 or 9 laps of 2nd race.
I made mine in free runs, afterwards.
But a pic of me and Cicua crossing the line a tenth apart would be super. 👍

It would be nice to have separate Division lounges for this monthly race series to get the racers closer to the competition. Maybe have an assigned moderator to host and add to their friends list each division on a regular basis and just have a mixed division for free run in between races to practice. If the rooms aren't pack we could combine them into one to fill the grid.

It would be nice to have separate Division lounges for this monthly race series to get the racers closer to the competition. Maybe have an assigned moderator to host and add to their friends list each division on a regular basis and just have a mixed division for free run in between races to practice. If the rooms aren't pack we could combine them into one to fill the grid.

As it stands now, we don't have the numbers to begin separating drivers by division unfortunately.

Jerome

Sureboss' first race seen from my seat

Started at the back of the grid. Start was a bit messy but I avoided incidents and passed several cars.

On lap 2 I overtook Crispy for the lead, and quickly got 8s ahead.

On lap 7 I lost concentration and crashed in the final corners, wasted 25s getting out of the grass while ZR42 and Ren-Tec passed by. I never saw them again, but got back in the race at 3rd place.

On lap 10 I noticed tyre wear was about half. I had expected to pit, but then decided to try a non-stopper.

From the replay I realize that at this point, I had the most worn front left tyre of anyone in the race, so it was probably a bad decision. But I saw ZR42 and Ren-Tec not pitting and thought I had to try without too.

ZR42 and Ren-Tec increased their lead steadily so I thought I would just try to keep my 3rd place and try not push it too hard. I had CSL on 4th, but no idea how far behind.

But my tyres got worn down too early. Last four laps were 1.31 to 1.35, I was crumbling and and feared CSL blasting by any second, I knew he had pitted.

Several times a car came up in my rear mirror and soon after passed, but it turned out to be guys I had already lapped. Really unnerving that you can not see the opponent name in the rear mirror!

Eventually, on lap 20, CSL it was, on a great hunt. I could see a car coming up on the track display and I suspected it was him. But with a final gasp I managed to keep him at bay. 100 metres more and he would have overtaken me.

Last lap: CSL getting a clear view of me for the first time. He has some tyre left, I have nothing.

CSL flies over the last corner while I just struggle to keep the car straight.

I barely manage to pull enough speed through the corner and out to keep him behind by 0.1.

Of course I did not know it was him until the display came up a second later, at which point I had to do a little victory yelling. Good thing I don't use a mic :D

In later races CSL and I had many laps fighting shoulder to shoulder. Lag made it difficult to tell where exactly he was, overtake attempts had to have a wide margin to avoid collisions, but it was still an intense battle at times.

All in all, it was great fun racing you guys, looking forward to next OMRS! 👍

Great write up, love the pics. 👍
One thing to note, I did not pit, just conserved tires for a while, And while I would have had you in another short distance, my tires all but gave out starting in the tight 2nd tunnel curve, until that turn, I was sure to make mincemeat out of you, but lo and behold, my tires were plummeting quickly, and you did a very good job of keeping a car with nothing left going fast enough., and most importantly, on the proper line. Had you swung wide.....

Next month won't come soon enough!

Nice right up Cicua and I feel a CSL/Cicua rivalry coming on, let battle commence!

See you next time 👍

Back