GTP_OMRS Month 3: Bad Medicine

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 127 comments
Great last race, good battling with Crispy for most of it. I'll get the final results up in the morning, with fastest laps, etc.

That was a great bit of fun! - Really cool series.
Thanks to the hosts, stewards, etc.

Dam you guys are fast..

Hydro

Thanks for the races chaps, was good fun bah a bit of lag. Wasn't expecting to do very well as I just hoped in on the off chance with zero testing. Lucky I had a base setup up on it already :D.

PS, a non stopper seems to be faster in my opinion.

First race was better than the second for me. I got the bright idea to make my car loose to keep it from pushing so bad... BAD IDEA... it was uncontrollable the whole 20 laps. :(

Lots of fun, though, everyone, looking forward to next time.

First race was better than the second for me. I got the bright idea to make my car loose to keep it from pushing so bad... BAD IDEA... it was uncontrollable the whole 20 laps. :(

Lots of fun, though, everyone, looking forward to next time.

Next event im sure you will do better 👍

edit: I would like to thank the gental men who kindly moved or kept out of the way having been lapped, appreciated greatly 👍

Last edited:
Sorry for pulling over guys, I was using a tune that I had tried in practice offline where it was fine but when I took the car online it was totally uncontrollable.

I will need to try my tune for online events in my lounge in future.

Sorry for pulling over guys, I was using a tune that I had tried in practice offline where it was fine but when I took the car online it was totally uncontrollable.

I will need to try my tune for online events in my lounge in future.

Hey, no worries, it happens.
I didn't realize the change from off to online was so drastic either. Totally losened the car up - in a really bad way.

got it sort of fixed for the second try, but still slow.
Oh well, next time..

That car really amplified the issue with offline to online. Especially with some uneven tyre wear.

That car really amplified the issue with offline to online. Especially with some uneven tyre wear.

Agreed, and I apologize. I tested this combo in offline mode (because PSN was down....) and it was amazingly fun. I had to change a bunch of settings to tone down the crazy overseteer when racing online :(

The next combo I'll test online exclusively and try and make settings a little less, uh, 'less'.

Jerome

We all (well those on mics) reckoned Racing Softs would have made it easier and perhaps less powah!!!

I enjoyed it, the first stint of the first race I was woeful, spun about 4 times. After that I really enjoyed it, 2nd race was superb, so don't beat yourself down too much!

For me I found it more than comfortable to drive, only started to spin the rears up on the last three laps of 20 on one set of rubber. Im yet to free run offline as I do all my testing in a private room. Just seems the best way to me and I enjoyed the racing.

Agreed, and I apologize. I tested this combo in offline mode (because PSN was down....) and it was amazingly fun. I had to change a bunch of settings to tone down the crazy overseteer when racing online :(

The next combo I'll test online exclusively and try and make settings a little less, uh, 'less'.

Jerome
I hope so Jerome. I had to use the controller (which I normally don't use), so it was even 10 times worse for me.

I think it would have been more fun with a wheel though.

Yeah, I really did terrible, and got worse the second go. It was a lot of fun to race with everyone, regardless. My offline setup was great, but online was a different story and with me just joining the group, I didn't have any testing time really. Next time will be different, and I'm very eager to get it going and redeem myself.

Jerome

Apologize? You're kidding right?
The car was pretty shifty, but that just made it a more difficult race.
Nothing wrong with difficult. Race cars are hard to drive flat out, we all know that.
Of course, had you made the tire choice "sport" it would be a diferent story.:scared:

That was my first OMRS (and first online race in a long while), and I thought it was fantastic. Really glad I read the thread, and ran the qualifier.

Thanks for setting this up.👍
See you all next month.

Hydro

Maybe you're right, why should I apologize for PD's mistakes :lol:

Jerome

Ok, race 1 posted in results!!

Race 2 in ~ 15mins. Last one of the night!! come join!!!
1472-6118-4259-7712-6575

For me I found it more than comfortable to drive, only started to spin the rears up on the last three laps of 20 on one set of rubber. Im yet to free run offline as I do all my testing in a private room. Just seems the best way to me and I enjoyed the racing.

Definately the best way to do it. I went into my online lounge and adjusted a few settings, after that the car was fine 👍

Thanks to everyone for tonights racing and big thanks to the guys who hosted the lobbys :cheers:

Great fun racing with you all!! 👍 :cheers:

I understand for many it was your 3rd - 4th race so thanks for staying around to give me some company :lol:

Look forward to the next one 👍

I personally found the car a lot of fun, I only bought it 30mins before the start so gave it 10 laps practise to tune and dial it in and found it to very nice. You just have to drive it carefully and cant mash the gas on every exit.

But big tip for anyone who races online, never ever ever practise offline. Simply no point, always go to your lobby and do it there. I been caught out once before in a previous league race and never again!.

Maybe next time i will drag my ass out of bed a few hours earlier so I can race more of you Euro guys 👍

Great fun racing with you all!! 👍 :cheers:

I understand for many it was your 3rd - 4th race so thanks for staying around to give me some company :lol:

Look forward to the next one 👍

I personally found the car a lot of fun, I only bought it 30mins before the start so gave it 10 laps practise to tune and dial it in and found it to very nice. You just have to drive it carefully and cant mash the gas on every exit.

But big tip for anyone who races online, never ever ever practise offline. Simply no point, always go to your lobby and do it there. I been caught out once before in a previous league race and never again!.

Maybe next time i will drag my ass out of bed a few hours earlier so I can race more of you Euro guys 👍
The high point was Round 3, but an unfortunate disconnection took a few out, it was pretty crowded.
Congratulations on the fastest total time and fastest lap.

I hope the next one is on a real world track; thanks to the hosts and stewards again:tup:

On to Concours Club Sunday with the M3 :)

Can you specify the difference? I'm very curious.

The high point was Round 3, but an unfortunate disconnection took a few out, it was pretty crowded.
Congratulations on the fastest total time and fastest lap.

We had about 12 in the lobby when it kicked, most annoying.

neutrino - The online physics are much much slippier than offline, another bit of fun PD gave us with GT5.

Missed out on OMRS this month :(

Got my car all ready to go and then ended up being out all weekend!

Mustn't grumble though.. I spent the whole day go karting and eating BBQ with mates :D Awesome day 👍

Can you specify the difference? I'm very curious.

We had about 12 in the lobby when it kicked, most annoying.

neutrino - The online physics are much much slippier than offline, another bit of fun PD gave us with GT5.

Indeed, and I think the tyre wear is also different. Its like the whole tyre model has changed.

So everything changes, braking points.. setup, the limit. Its like a whole new combo again.

Indeed, and I think the tyre wear is also different. Its like the whole tyre model has changed.

So everything changes, braking points.. setup, the limit. Its like a whole new combo again.
That would explain why I was getting so much faster and more consistent the more I ran, I have about 20 online races, if that under my belt.
Looking forward to next month.:)

You guys were all very quick last night, good combo Jerome.

To save you all getting bored till next month you can head over to GTP_IDOR which fills in between events put on but the race admin.

Helps to keep the community spirit going, there is a link there to OMRS in post #1 so you'll not miss the start of next months omrs start. 👍

Phillip.

trialmountaincircuit2x.jpg
trialmountaincircuit1uy.jpg
trialmountaincircuitzl.jpg

Very interesting, I wondered why the car drove a little different.

I did notice the rear was sliding a little more, good thing to know, thanks for the tip guys. Now I just have to get better at car setup, couldn't keep the front from pushing to much.

Is there a way to open a private lobby to practice in, or do you just limit it to two people, how do you guys do this.

Good thoughts on the Pics, CSL, I'll try and get some up. Crispy and myself were within a second of each other for about first 8 or 9 laps of 2nd race.

Latest Posts

Back