GTP_Registry and GT6 - Aiming for Dec 22 GT6 Qualifier!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems very much as though we got a public beta, mostly so they could actually meet the release date which, historically, PD have not been very successful at. No doubt it will evolve into the best GT yet and hopefully there will still be time to enjoy it before GT7 hits the shelves.

You can't do that anymore. The tuning menu is also somewhat different, in that if you use power limiter, the HP does not move until you are done editing. So you have to make the change then look to see what the new HP is. You also can not reset settings like gears to default. I read that in a thread, so people are leaving C as the default, so they can set the gears back to original. GT6 some steps forward, but left many nice feature of GT5 out.
Thanks Patrick, maybe that will be one of the updates soon!!

I don't understand, are we going to have to re-qualify for WRS? I just installed GT6 in my GTP_Sarkazmo PSN account with the assumption that our membership in WRS would just carry over.

Sark

I don't understand, are we going to have to re-qualify for WRS? I just installed GT6 in my GTP_Sarkazmo PSN account with the assumption that our membership in WRS would just carry over.

Sark

Yes, everybody will have to re-qualify.

And @Vagabond, yeah, and I actually don't get it. They already had gt5 which was on the ps3 already, so you'd say its not that much work as it was from gt4 to gt5.

But looking at what they've done with the game I really can't see where the 3 years of development have gone...

Sure we got the lunar thing now (that nobody cares about) and the goodwind festival (which track is too short), new physics a couple of tracks (which are great) and cars but lots of features missing as well. I'd have my priorities in a different way, but I'm not in charge there unfortunately.

Ah well... It's still an enjoyable game, and hopefully they'll fix some stuff along the way.

You can't do that anymore. The tuning menu is also somewhat different, in that if you use power limiter, the HP does not move until you are done editing. So you have to make the change then look to see what the new HP is. You also can not reset settings like gears to default. I read that in a thread, so people are leaving C as the default, so they can set the gears back to original. GT6 some steps forward, but left many nice feature of GT5 out.
Yeah some of the changes are great! But removing some of the nice little things is irritating. Several steps forward and back at the same time. Quantum mechanics!

I hate hate hate the tyre squeal!!!!

I hate hate hate the tyre squeal!!!!

And how! When I first heard it, I thought I hit something. I remember reading that they were going to do a big sound update right after launch. I hope this wasn't it.

going to be interesting this time around without being able to gift cars, means our GTP accounts are going to have to be grinded up also to purchase cars for the registry events?

or can i just use my main GT6 account on my psn account rayuki_84 and just change my name in GT6 to GTP_ragnar666 or something?

can we get a clarification soon on the naming/account situation because if i have to use my GTP PSN account also i'll start playing on that and grinding up my cars and stuff in preparation.

Please see EDK's post here.

We won't know for sure until the Admins have played through the weekend.

Please see the link above. It sounds like you are OK with using your GTP_ account, so you should go with that for now.
We are trying to make the new Qualifier accessible enough that it won't require a lot of grinding for a new account.

Naming trick:
FIRST NAME: Lefty
LAST NAME: Wright
= L. Wright

GTP Name for online compo

FIRST NAME: Gee
LAST NAME: TE_LeftyWrigt
= G. TE_LeftyWright

What ever your name is when your racing online the world ranking seasonal still shows my PSN login name of GTP_LeftyWright so I'm thinking that the name deal is way too much of no big deal

My 2 centz.....

I hope other PSN id's will be allowed. I think it attracts more participants to the competition.
Please listen better to the users than PD does.

I hope other PSN id's will be allowed. I think it attracts more participants to the competition.
Please listen better to the users than PD does.
It isn't as simple as that and it certainly isn't because of any (clearly implied) ignorance of our admin team - there were real reasons for wanting to maintain the GTP_ tag and its a badge you should be proud of. That said, there is a good chance we may not require the tag for GT6 given its inherent issues in terms of acquiring credits. As soon as this is decided, we will make an announcement to that effect.

It isn't as simple as that and it certainly isn't because of any (clearly implied) ignorance of our admin team - there were real reasons for wanting to maintain the GTP_ tag and its a badge you should be proud of. That said, there is a good chance we may not require the tag for GT6 given its inherent issues in terms of acquiring credits. As soon as this is decided, we will make an announcement to that effect.

Notwithstanding the issue over credits I hope we can retain our GTP tag, I'm kinda proud to wear my badge around this here forum 👍

Notwithstanding the issue over credits I hope we can retain our GTP tag, I'm kinda proud to wear my badge around this here forum 👍
I believe we will be if they end up making it not a mandatory thing, either way, I'll be using my GTP_ tag.

I couldn't afford to use my main account because I have 0 room for adding people on that account, and I participate in the online aspect of WRS, so friend space is certainly an issue for me there.

Will it not let you use a symbol for the first name so it looks like

*. GTP_??????????????

Seconded 👍

According to user Thom Lee, we can earn nearly $1m Cr. per hour once at an appropriate level...

Fastest way to grind Money:

IA -> Nascar -> Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway

a race takes 3 - 4 min. Price for 1 race -> 52.000 cr
in one hour you'll get 900.000 - 950,000 cr

*. GTP_??????????????

I think it will but the issue that some folks are having is that the GTP_.......... tag is too long to fit into the surname field. 👍

*. GTP_??????????????
You can. I've seen some do their names like "..Username", but some of us have long GTP_ tags, so it's not viable for all of us.

According to user Thom Lee, we can earn nearly $1m Cr. per hour once at an appropriate level...

That's good to know Jon, haven't got that far in the game yet so I better get my head down tonight and do some serious racing to get to the right level :cheers:

I think it will but the issue that some folks are having is that the GTP_.......... tag is too long to fit into the surname field. 👍

I understand.
Seems Forza understood about teams and had that in F4, so PD went the opposite way.

I believe we will be if they end up making it not a mandatory thing, either way, I'll be using my GTP_ tag.

Same here....

On another note, a picture from my last night session, how to corner your Alpine :D

Attachments

• Grand Valley Speedway.jpg
    Grand Valley Speedway.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 5
I have two account to keep up. One for my other online events "J.Jammy" and one for WRS events "J.GTP_Jammy".

I don't see why it matters what your first and last names are for the game as in replays it shows both your name and your psn, unless I'm missing something

I'll quote myself from the other thread where similar discussions are/were taking place.
The in-game name you can choose whatever you want, as long as it's not vulger, it's the PSN account that should be GTP_Oldnail1, although there's still a small chance we'll accept other PSN id's, we're still discussing that.

And Chris says it well too:

I'm more worried about GT7 to be honest, unless one PS Plus covers a whole PS4. I don't want to drop my main account and I like having an account that let's people know I'm on the registry. Maybe one day I'll get round to using it. :lol:

BTW, when it comes to money in GT6, YouTube is your friend. :)👍

I'm more worried about GT7 to be honest, unless one PS Plus covers a whole PS4. I don't want to drop my main account and I like having an account that let's people know I'm on the registry. Maybe one day I'll get round to using it. :lol:

BTW, when it comes to money in GT6, YouTube is your friend. :)👍
PS Plus covers online play for all secondary accounts on your PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back