GTP_Registry and GT6 - Aiming for Dec 22 GT6 Qualifier!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back, Blair. 👍

This thread title has been changed to reflect our intent to release the new GT6 Registry Qualifier on Dec 22. :cheers:

Hi Lucas,

Looking forward to the 22nd. I best get lots of laps in before than, it seems most of the D3 guys I remember are now D2.

So, I finally did it. I had about 2 million credits, so I bought enough M4s that I only had to do the thing once. When I got my 15th anniversary cars back after using my code again, I could see that they kept the mileage they had before... I thought they were going to be like new again, oh well. And then updating the car images took a while, but now it's all done.

Ok, I guess I'll give it a try.

Just completed the S license tests. Mohit, your were insanely fast on that last one :eek:

Throughout those five tests, I had Mohit, Jon and Blair in my friends' rankings, and I could see their blue lines... except for one test (S-4 I think) where only two blue lines showed up for some reason... (Mohit's wasn't there)... strange. Actually, I did notice that for the M4 seasonal as well, two or three blue lines were missing.

I can't get anywhere close to Mohit on any of those last time trials - I can't stand SRF, don't really know how to use it to go faster.

Took me about 12 tries to keep the aventador on track at brands hatch!! :/

Thanks guys, but I'm guessing you guys don't have Twissy on your friends list. Can't keep up with him past the first corner on any test. He has me beat by a second or more every test :scared:.

Welcome back, Blair. 👍

This thread title has been changed to reflect our intent to release the new GT6 Registry Qualifier on Dec 22. :cheers:

cheering-gif.gif

So, I finally did it. I had about 2 million credits, so I bought enough M4s that I only had to do the thing once. When I got my 15th anniversary cars back after using my code again, I could see that they kept the mileage they had before... I thought they were going to be like new again, oh well. And then updating the car images took a while, but now it's all done.

For those who don't know. You don't have download them 1 by 1. You can first select them all and download them at once. Once you in your garage, look at the bottom go the screen and you see some option. I believe you have to press select on the controller and a window appears on the right side and you will figure out the rest.

Well, it looks like we will have something on our hands during the hollidays 👍 It the meantime I will keep amazing myself how wonderfull some cars are to drive in GT6, Never was a fan of the 'green hell' Nismo, but this Schulze version is a delight to drive.....

Also try driving the Subaru BRZ gt300 in cockpitview, I was dazzeled to see the camera with rearview, awsome !!!

Last edited:
Well, it looks like we will have something on our hands during the hollidays 👍 It the meantime I will keep amazing myself how wonderfull some cars are to drive in GT6, Never was a fan of the 'green hell' Nismo, but this Schulze version is a delight to drive.....

Also try driving the Subaru BRZ gt300 in cockpitview, I was dazzeled to see the camera with rearview, awsome !!!

I have had the same experience. The GT300 and GT500 series races are lots of fun, even get a double file start to the race. Now that I have most of the cars it is alot more enjoyable, more fun than modding a road car to race those events. The replays are really nice seeing 16 cars going at it. It took me a little while to get through those, because I would watch the replay after every race. The new physics makes drivng GT series race cars so enjoyable.

With a wheel, I agree. I've done a load of lazy sessions with the pad and I am no pad-guy anymore but jeez the RWD stuff is lethal, even with SRF. I think this is now a wheel users playground, unless you tune well.

Love the BMW GT3 cars, awesome :-)

Anyone done the Le Mans 24 minutes? I used the C9 with no aids cept ABS 1 - it needs a tune :lol: - in light rain I span it at least 4 times but ended up winning by 10 seconds, but only cos the AI pit a lot, they are damn fast! It's pretty cool - despite having the worst ad hoc pit strategy ever on my part!

I'm not convinced that I am fast at this version of the game though. I'm being beaten easily on almost all the license tests by almost everyone.....I'm doing them a fair few times too in a lot of cases! Hope I can sort it out.....

I'm not convinced that I am fast at this version of the game though. I'm being beaten easily on almost all the license tests by almost everyone.....I'm doing them a fair few times too in a lot of cases! Hope I can sort it out.....

I had the same problem when GT5 came. Now i don't really seem to have that problem, fortunately. Think weight shifting is more important then before.

You will do good in the end.

DTM
I had the same problem when GT5 came. Now i don't really seem to have that problem, fortunately. Think weight shifting is more important then before.

You will do good in the end.

Hope so dude! Wanna be in the same division as you!

Re: something mentioned above - It's the EDIT button to open up the selection options in the garage, then I believe triangle to select all the cars. It takes AGES though, do not do it til you are all glitched up with credits, or it will mess up again. I'd say it takes 30 minutes nearly for 150 cars.

The best way is to sell the VGT M4 for 20M, then update the game again, now you can buy 20 VGT's 100s of M4s, reset the game again, and now you can sell all the M4's for 20M each and buy everything you want.

My head is just spinning w/ all this short cut to wealth talk and when I try to make sense of it all I feel inadequate. The only M4 I have is a gift car and can't be sold. I get the saving my game data and reloading it but what I can't wrap my arms around is the step by step bread crumb trail. The vision trick I kind of understand but I don't want to loose my current progress so I'm rather standoffish.

No risk of losing progress at all, it's the installed data that needs deleting, not the saved game file. Once the game has no patches the DLC cars can be sold for 333 million credits; 20 million due to the credit limit.

Check YouTube lefty ! Might be a video walk through or two on there - might do the trick?

My head is just spinning w/ all this short cut to wealth talk and when I try to make sense of it all I feel inadequate. The only M4 I have is a gift car and can't be sold. I get the saving my game data and reloading it but what I can't wrap my arms around is the step by step bread crumb trail. The vision trick I kind of understand but I don't want to loose my current progress so I'm rather standoffish.

Check out OP for video on steps

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/20-million-credits-for-free.292976/

Only things you would lose are replays and pictures, so export the ones you want to keep before deleting game data.

Finished S licences, the Bugatti took me the longest . It took me quite a while to memorize that track, so many turns.

Last edited:
I have a question that may have been answered but I can't find it - the car sharing/gifting feature is no longer present in GT6. I have a GTP registered account but I am playing through the game on my usual non-GTP PSN account. If I can't share garages with another game like I used to am I going to have to play through again on my other account to acquire appropriate funds etc?

Or will the (in my opinion slightly daft) requirement of having to have a GTP_ prefix be removed? I genuinely see no reason for it bar a strange sort of elitism.

Here is a response from a couple of pages ago. That was posted before the M4/Merc VGT reselling glitch was found though.
I guess 'stay tuned' would be the best response.
It isn't as simple as that and it certainly isn't because of any (clearly implied) ignorance of our admin team - there were real reasons for wanting to maintain the GTP_ tag and its a badge you should be proud of. That said, there is a good chance we may not require the tag for GT6 given its inherent issues in terms of acquiring credits. As soon as this is decided, we will make an announcement to that effect.

Here is a response from a couple of pages ago. That was posted before the M4/Merc VGT reselling glitch was found though.
I guess 'stay tuned' would be the best response.

Thanks Barra. I will stay tuned for the 22nd and see what happens.

When the races are a bit too easy, you can of course choose a car with less PP and/or lower grade tires. But what you can add to the mix, as I have been experiencing lately, is to run with the cockpit view and removing all information from the screen (gotta keep count of the number of laps in your head!). Sometimes I'm not even sure I won a race until the board shows up after the race... And some car interiors might be worth discovering. I've just been using the FT-86 G SPORTS Concept '10 and it has a small map of the circuit in its dashboard! Not sure if the real life thing can track your car on that map, but I unfortunately could not see anything on mine.

The only problem is that the AI is programmed to slow down on the last lap if you're not in the lead. I had been using cars that were 100-150pp below the limit, but it's not a challenge if the AI don't put up a fight until after you pass them for the lead.

Im back in this, finally have time to play a gran turismo like in the old days.

When the races are a bit too easy, you can of course choose a car with less PP and/or lower grade tires. But what you can add to the mix, as I have been experiencing lately, is to run with the cockpit view and removing all information from the screen (gotta keep count of the number of laps in your head!). Sometimes I'm not even sure I won a race until the board shows up after the race... And some car interiors might be worth discovering. I've just been using the FT-86 G SPORTS Concept '10 and it has a small map of the circuit in its dashboard! Not sure if the real life thing can track your car on that map, but I unfortunately could not see anything on mine.

One of the new challenges I gave myself was driving everything in cockpitview..... and so I did. It is harder then before but the intensity has tripeled by doing so. I know this challenge will evolve to a new setup, cause now I do feel the need for triple screens....

Ready to get it on! Just tell me where to register and how, and in return, I'll start putting some laps down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back