GTP_Registry Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 2,665 comments
I have a question:

Let's say I purposely go 10mins slower than the fastest lap time and I submit that lap, how much will this affect the handicaps?

I have a question:

Let's say I purposely go 10mins slower than the fastest lap time and I submit that lap, how much will this affect the handicaps?
It's an obvious outlier and Vaxen doesn't allow those to skew things. What a weird question. :odd:

Hello, I'm trying to sign up but im having a issue getting @WRSFetchBot to respond. Im suppose to get a automatic response within 15 mins and nothing has been happening. Ill post another message saying "why don't aren't you responding" for example and it'll respond almost immediately, but not when I post my replay, psn and country.

Hello, I'm trying to sign up but im having a issue getting @WRSFetchBot to respond. Im suppose to get a automatic response within 15 mins and nothing has been happening. Ill post another message saying "why don't aren't you responding" for example and it'll respond almost immediately, but not when I post my replay, psn and country.
its case sensitive so check

Not sure I'm posting in the right place but here goes :lol:

Only having been driving for 5 years with no experience or training in actual racing (GT since day 1) I'm curious how many guys in the WRS have had race training or take part in some sort of racing in real life?

Also what will happen to the WRS when GT sport comes out? will we lose some of the fast drivers while they head of to win the FIA's prizes ?

Only having been driving for 5 years with no experience or training in actual racing (GT since day 1) I'm curious how many guys in the WRS have had race training or take part in some sort of racing in real life?

Also what will happen to the WRS when GT sport comes out? will we lose some of the fast drivers while they head of to win the FIA's prizes ?

There's a handful that I'm aware of but can only think of EDK offhand.

Regarding GT Sport, Gravitron said a while back that the WRS would be migrating to GT Sport as soon as it is released and feasible to do so as it is, apparently, more suited to our needs...though, of course, things change so who knows what will happen until GTS actually gets released!

I've just had a quick flick through the results and calculated what my handicap would be if I finished, for example, 8th with a handicap of 1.980 in Week 105.

My current handicap, after Week 110 would be 1.795 putting me smack bang in the middle of D1 Bronze. :eek:

I've been karting for 7 years now, I've been in the GT world for 8 years. (I had the prologue too, that's way back in time).

I will give the FIA championship a shot, if my age is eligible and if it doesn't conflict with the GTPSS and my IRL races. I will definitely keep doing WRS TTs, it's always fun. :D

I've done a few indoor kart races and I hope to be running in the Ginetta Junior Scholarship this year.

I've participated in a few track day events back in the UK and in Germany, seeing as though Motorsport is banned here. :banghead:

I've driven a Lotus Evora around the Nürburgring, a Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG at Bedford Autodrome, a Caterham at Croft and Silverstone. I've also visited Zolder and Spa-Francorchamps with my Ford Sierra. :lol:

Hi All. Having trouble with the registration. Receiving the following message....

You must attach 1 valid Gran Turismo replay file (while being signed into PSN) as outlined in the registration thread.

I have attached replays. I'm not sure what it means by "while being signed into PSN".

Any ideas on this would be appreciated.

@Buckroger06 I copied and pasted the instructions and highlighted what should answer your question.

Instructions for Registration Submission:
  • To submit your registration, start a new conversation with WRSFetchBot (Subject title: GTP_WRS Registration)
  • Provide your PSN ID and country details, exactly like this (case sensitive):

PSN: GTP_EDK

Then attach any 'Best Lap'/'Ghost' replay in zip file form. This replay is for verification of your submitted PSN ID. The car and track contents do not matter. These are the replay requirements -

• The replay must be a 'Best Lap/Ghost' Replay
  • The run must be completed while you are signed into the PSN Network
  • The PSN ID must match the PSN listed in the message body (GTP_Tag is no longer required)
  • The attachment will need to comply with forum file size limits. You will know if this is the case, as the forum will not allow you to upload a file that is too large

Stupid question, I've been away from GTP for a few years now due to having kids but was a regular participant from the prologue days and I'm pretty sure I did the qualifier from GT5. If I want to get back into the WRS, I'm assuming I need to run the latest qualifier?

Stupid question, I've been away from GTP for a few years now due to having kids but was a regular participant from the prologue days and I'm pretty sure I did the qualifier from GT5. If I want to get back into the WRS, I'm assuming I need to run the latest qualifier?
Hi Andy! Good to see you. 👍

I'm pretty sure your PSN and GTP name are both the same? If so, you can just start participating right away, as shown in this thread here.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-registration-gt6-new-members-start-here.313756/

• If you have the same GTPlanet Member name and intend to use the same PSN as in the past, you may just begin participating without taking the steps below.
We'll use the results from your first 3 events to place you in a division.

Again, welcome back.

Hey Andy! Great to see you here. Things have changed with the Registry. It is now a lot easier to start in the WRS. For you it is even easier.

From the GTP_WRS Registration - GT6 - (New Members Start Here) thread:

EDK
If you have the same GTPlanet Member name and intend to use the same PSN as in the past, you may just begin participating without taking the steps below.

So if all is well than you should be able to participate right away.

Edit: Tree'd :ouch: 👍

Thanks Kevin and Bart, good to know I can get stuck in straight away although a little practise may be needed first!! I've been away from racing for some time but now I have a bit of free time during the week, it would be great to have something to focus back on. I have a new wheel and setup so as soon as I get used to that, I should be able to join in, hopefully from next week.

See you on the track 👍 :)

Thanks! I struggle for wheel time at the moment - young kids and all - so online racing can be difficult at times, although definitely something I'd like to get back into. I've filled in the form to get me started and hopefully I'll be able to participate in some of these events too 👍

Back