GTP_Registry Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 3,006 comments
Had a great race with GTP_Sjaak about an hour ago on Suzuka and man is he quick. I couldn't shake him. He was racing a blue Tuned Evo X and i was in a white Tuned Viper SRT10. I bet he didn't experience the race as i did (him beign in a AWD car). I was struggling on almost every corner to keep that thing on the road but in the end it wasn't enough. On lap two i missed my braking point going into the final corner and went off, he quickly used this opportunity to pass me and that was it. I lost two places but in the end recovered to finish second at about 3 seconds behind him.
I don't know about you Sjaak but i had a blast.
I think i could have won it if i wasn't stuck behind that R8 for about a lap.:sly:
Every time i got near him to make a move he powers out of the corners creating a gap just big enough to stay in front.

I wish more races could be like this.

Saw a couple on the Suzuka racetrack today, GTP_magburner in his F40 and GTP_GSTAR74. Like to apologise in advance My PS3 is really struggling with the internet lately, we have 2 laptops, 1 desktop computer and 2 PS3's all connected to the internet at the same time, my mates PS3 was downloading the MGS4 Online Premier Beta update thingy with an average of 110kb/s (when I did mine it was only 40kb/s on average) and is downloading a chunk of stuff in torrents on his PC which left my PS3 connection reeling. It's not like me to quit a race at all, I just hosted a race before that happened with only 7 cars but made it through (took a while to load up though since its that bad) so sorry for the inconvenience. :(

No problem :) but yes that was one or two laggy races! Cars everywhere flying around lol. Not really your fault when the server chose you as host if you had a too busy line! It just was a bit unexpected tho.
looking forward to the next races however:tup:

Well I have just applied to have my GTP_Sprite PSN ID added to the ever growing list.

Hello GTP members! I got my copy of GT5P Friday night along with my PS3 (my tradtions of getting the Sony device upon the release of GT) and cranked it up yesterday. Haven't been spending the time I spent a couple hours this morning online and saw a couple GTP tags and remembered this site.
I went to Suzuka PP700 and made my first test with that Clio that everybody seemed to love for 600 and found out it was more than a handful. There was a guy driving a blue tuned Viper with the GTP_ tag and a username that said something about cooldude. Have to say thanks for hanging with me as you gave me all the space I needed not to get myself in trouble :).

I have been lurking GTP for many years but was never able to take part in anything (always moving countries). I did however follow the WRS for GT4 and always compare my times. Very enjoyable.

When I get a working PC at the new place that I live I will register my tags and a new account here! Till then, if you see username *Jureidini online...it is I!

Just had to post for once instead of lurking. Looking forward to racing!

***edit*** btw, the answers to aero_Rs questions were super useful! I am a new PS3 user as well so the whole account change/file save thingy is something I am not familiar with.

No problem :) but yes that was one or two laggy races! Cars everywhere flying around lol. Not really your fault when the server chose you as host if you had a too busy line! It just was a bit unexpected tho.
looking forward to the next races however:tup:

Thanks for understanding. :) Our internet has been quite shocking lately and we have a 20MB internet line! PD's matchmaking system must have been quite unusual picking a really dodgy line such as mine as host, must have been one of those first come first serve basis things?

Hey guys, Im not able to PM Sphinx to get added.. im logged in but seems im not permitted..?? Any help ?

Hey guys, Im not able to PM Sphinx to get added.. im logged in but seems im not permitted..?? Any help ?

Until just now, when I approved this post, you hadn't made any approved posts yet.

So you should now - or very shortly - be able to PM at will.

Hello GTP members!
I went to Suzuka PP700 and made my first test with that Clio that everybody seemed to love for 600 and found out it was more than a handful. There was a guy driving a blue tuned Viper with the GTP_ tag and a username that said something about cooldude. Have to say thanks for hanging with me as you gave me all the space I needed not to get myself in trouble :).

Your welcome. Race on.

b

***edit*** btw, the answers to aero_Rs questions were super useful! I am a new PS3 user as well so the whole account change/file save thingy is something I am not familiar with.
I'm happy if my questions could help you :)

Well, after 2 days of using my new PS3 and the GT5P, only left 18.000 Cr to finish all the C, B & A test (18.000 Cr. just left for the Ferrari F430). I've finished all of them in gold, except: B-3, B-8 & A-3 which are still on silver... unfortunately, I've still so much to learn =[

After that I'll be able to enter to the PP online races... if the "60:04000000" error let me connect to you all (I really don't know how to solve that, unfortunately), so: 95% sure I'll do an accout with the name of GTP_Aero-R and then I'll there with you on the race. Just 18.000 Cr left :dopey:

Just an added note to people adding to friend's lists.

If your PSN ID is different from your username here on GTP be sure to say who you are. Anyone can throw GTP_ in front of a username and if I don't recognize it I am likely to deny.

I just raced GTP_001 on Suzuka 700pp. Anyone we know?

I have sent a PM to Sphinx with my new GTP name but I spelled it wrong. I've sent another PM confirming the old one as wrong and what the new one is.

The new name is GTP_Tired_Tyres

Right guys, I'm gonna be racing Suzuka soon (aka when the girls are in bed), in a Viper SRT10 Tuned, hope to see some of you guys soon. I'll keep entering until you guys shuffle into the starting lineup! 👍

I think I'm going to create a new sub-account tomorrow and join the GTP race clan.

One question though. Is it possible to delete a sub-account if this should become necessary?

:)

You might want to remember all you can about that guy. Just a suggestion. I can say no more.

I saw him in a race as well earlier tonight!

I think I'm going to create a new sub-account tomorrow and join the GTP race clan.

One question though. Is it possible to delete a sub-account if this should become necessary?

Only if you have the disc version me thinks, it doesn't work if you downloaded it of off PSN unfortunately.

You might want to remember all you can about that guy. Just a suggestion. I can say no more.

;)

LOL, I was on late last night, saw GTP_001, couldn't decide if it was a coincidence with the name or someone from this site-that handle isn't on the list.

I think they were witness to some miserable driving on my part. Now I have a DFGT, and it's all better.:sly:

Well I wasn't going to do this until there was private races but I'm seeing a lot of GTP_names online so I thought I'd go ahead & get in on it.

So assuming I get accepted (I just registered) look for GTP_TheMoose in the North American races.
I'm not the fastest out there but I try to race clean & have fun.

Just had a race on PP700 Suzuka where it was a GTP 1,2,3 :) 👍

GTP_001 and GTP_Superwally where in the mix :cheers: Nice one guys :cool:

Just had a race on PP700 Suzuka where it was a GTP 1,2,3 :) 👍

GTP_001 and GTP_Superwally where in the mix :cheers: Nice one guys :cool:

👍👍👍
I had to come from a loooooong way back to get there. The current setup in my Lotus is fine for the PP700 time trials and alone on track, but too nervous for the party. Time to find a new weapon-Plenty of EVO X's out there tonight!

Just finished up with GTP_Ren-Tec and GTP_Cobra in a few races as well, a stellar night online!

Lol yeah some good racing Superwally and i had a wee off which took you out and im sorry chap and i can say that lotus is hooked up like nothing else. I almost sh@t myself, you came up behind me so quick in the S's

👍

GTP_Ren-Tec in his Evo X/Tuned and GTP_Superwally in his Lotus/Tuned
i gotta say to both of u that, uve tuned some great fast cars there guys was really fun racing you both.
I'll look forward to next time! makes a change racing with skilled drivers.

Cobra

I'm considering registering:) Will the official race events be starting up as soon as private lobbies are introduced or are there special time trial events ongoing at the moment?

Cheers in advance

Back