GTP_Registry Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 3,006 comments
Had some great races at Suzuka last night with GTP_cobra, GTP_ron, and some other guy (I forget his name, sorry).👍

You can copy the saves onto a usb drive.
I did this to send some replays to a fellow GTP member who couldn't get his PS3 hooked up to the net.

Just zipped em up and e-mailed them. Works fine
Or we can all start doing the time trail thing online on our free time. Sphinx makes a schedule; let us say: Daytona road course with xx car and xx setup. Time trial is open from monday xx hours till sunday xx hours. Your hotlap will be registered on the online ranking board with a replay of this hotlap. You then mail to Sphinx and his co-workers your ranking online for that particulary time trail test and Sphinx and his co-workers can then watch that particular hotlap of each member. They can also check some of the settings. Even the nationality is mentioned on the ranking board!

:)

Or we can all start doing the time trail thing online on our free time. Sphinx makes a schedule; let us say: Daytona road course with xx car and xx setup. Time trial is open from monday xx hours till sunday xx hours. Your hotlap will be registered on the online ranking board with a replay of this hotlap. You then mail to Sphinx and his co-workers your ranking online for that particulary time trail test and Sphinx and his co-workers can then watch that particular hotlap of each member. They can also check some of the settings. Even the nationality is mentioned on the ranking board!

:)

That would work great if 100 or more of us could get into the top 10.

Unless PD have changed that. I thought only the top 10 times had the replay saved.

Unless PD have changed that. I thought only the top 10 times had the replay saved.

Yup! It's only the first 10 replays you can watch...

And also, the difference between #100 and #1 is usually only 2 or 3 seconds...

Sphinx makes a schedule; let us say: Daytona road course with xx car and xx setup. Time trial is open from monday xx hours till sunday xx hours. Your hotlap will be registered on the online ranking board with a replay of this hotlap. You then mail to Sphinx and his co-workers your ranking online for that particulary time trail test and Sphinx and his co-workers can then watch that particular hotlap of each member. They can also check some of the settings. Even the nationality is mentioned on the ranking board!:)

This is the current format for the WRS, which Sphinx is an administrator.

You can save your own replays.
At the WRS its up to the race participants to check others replays.
Currently we use a max drive conversion of ps2 replays so others can view them. The ps3 should be able to skip the conversion step. Seems JASE72 has figured that one out already. I believe it would be better to post them in the threads here at gtplanet for all to view.

A word to the wise, check out the current WRS races to familiarize yourself with the current format, as it is the only current official gtplanet racing. TT has kinda died off. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=117

Went online last night and almost got to race with Earth on the 700pp Daytona Speedway, but I screwed myself up. As I had just started up the game my view was not in-car, so I went to switch it and hit Start by accident. So, before the race even started my pause screen comes up, my car dies, and guys behind me hit me. After that I was so frustrated with myself that couldn't concentrate and I ended up plowing into the wall on the first turn, spun into the grass and decided to just quit out and regain my composure in free run before I screwed anyone else's race up.

After that I did alright getting a few podium finishes and never getting below fifth unless I got hit.

Last week my Internet connection was spotty and every race I tried was laggy, but last night everything went smoothly.

I was in the race with you on the Daytona Roaval! I slammed into a parked GTP car in my second race, I just don't remember who or what it was.

First race went decent though.....this moron in his red f430 (drriffftt) took me off the road twice on the first lap when i was trying to take his second place away, and finally after he tried to take me out heading to turn one I got passed him but just couldnt close to Earth and his GT.

my username was Jureidini, just waiting on approval of my GTP tag!

***EDIT*** my GTP tag was just approved so I will be switching from Jureidini to GTP_jmcnR tonight!

I was in the race with you on the Daytona Roaval! I slammed into a parked GTP car in my second race, I just don't remember who or what it was.
Were you in a yellow Corvette (I think)? Because that would have been me in my GT-R. I found out the hard way that hitting start just makes your car come to a full stop.

I was so focused on the road ahead that it took me a full 5 seconds just to realize the pause menu had popped up.

Again, I apologize. My intent was to hit Select, not Start.

my username was Jureidini, just waiting on approval of my GTP tag!
I think I may have been in a couple of races with you.

Were you in a yellow Corvette (I think)? Because that would have been me in my GT-R. I found out the hard way that hitting start just makes your car come to a full stop.

I was so focused on the road ahead that it took me a full 5 seconds just to realize the pause menu had popped up.

Again, I apologize. My intent was to hit Select, not Start.

I think I may have been in a couple of races with you.

I think i was in the White GTR at the time I ran into you, I only drove the Vette in one race last night, I just don't remember which one it was. OH, and absolutely no apology necessary LOL! I did the same thing earlier on the start except i nmy case I just couldnt find where I pt the remote...the matching took so long I got distracted. :ouch:

Thanks for the welcome Sphinx! Glad to finally race with you guys after so many years of forum lurking!

I think i was in the White GTR at the time I ran into you, I only drove the Vette in one race last night, I just don't remember which one it was. OH, and absolutely no apology necessary LOL! I did the same thing earlier on the start except i nmy case I just couldnt find where I pt the remote...the matching took so long I got distracted. :ouch:
Ah, you were the second car to hit me then. I saw it was white but not what it was as at that point I was in total, "WHAT THE @&@#&##^ IS GOING ON?" mode.

sphinx,
when could ya add me? I ve sent in my request and have loved racing against some of the other GTP guys......look forward to it, thanks.......GTP_Bstrd33

sphinx,
when could ya add me? I ve sent in my request and have loved racing against some of the other GTP guys......look forward to it, thanks.......GTP_Bstrd33

I have a number to process, but I can't see your pm there. Please send again. 👍

Hey folks, I'm a new member dropping an introductory line. I mainly race Suzuka 700pp as GTP_Strayed. Hope to see you on the track!

yea, I wondered if you had gotten it ive tried to send on here and on PSN ill send ya one again thanks for your time!

when i click on the link to you from the registry page it says im not authorised to view the page being new to the forum, i dont know how else to "PM"

You have a PM sphinx. Mainly race with my LayNLow PSN, but I will start using GTP_Suzuki for GT5P.

when i click on the link to you from the registry page it says im not authorised to view the page being new to the forum, i dont know how else to "PM"

You are a new member and you will be able to PM Sphinx once you are cleared by a moderator.

I have 3 Accounts with 3 different email-adresses 1 EU, 1 US, 1 JP. If i would like to make a GTP account, what do i have to do to create a new psn-account. since i used all of my mail-adresses.. Can anyone help?

is that the only way?

No, make one up! I use variations of my original email address for all my sub accounts. I don't know if this will come back and haunt me one day, but for now its good! 👍

I use a new GMail account for each sub account. Works good enough. :)

Or if you don't add any billing information or true personal information in your registration process you could risk a @spam.la address. It goes to a Web site that anyone can access though, so your login info will be publicly viewable for a week.

I used that for all my international accounts, as none of that info was real and I can't give billing information. I figured worse case scenario was that my password got changed by someone, which would then send an email update notice to the same Web site so I could find it and rechange it, or at worst just create a new account.

But as it is easy to get a new email address you can just do that.

Hello to everybody here!

This is my first post here on GTP although I`ve been following this forum a couple of years.(It seems that I need to post before I can PM Sphinx about my PSN ID, so here it comes.:dopey:)

I`ve had many good races with you GTP_members online, and decided to join the group. So from here on, you will see me as GTP_Timppaq. Previously known as Timppaq. Hope to see many clean races in the future!! (mainly at Suzuka :) )

-Timo

Hello to everybody here!

This is my first post here on GTP although I`ve been following this forum a couple of years.(It seems that I need to post before I can PM Sphinx about my PSN ID, so here it comes.:dopey:)

I`ve had many good races with you GTP_members online, and decided to join the group. So from here on, you will see me as GTP_Timppaq. Previously known as Timppaq. Hope to see many clean races in the future!! (mainly at Suzuka :) )

-Timo

Welcome aboard, Timo. 👍

You should be OK to PM me now. 👍

sphinx.
could you please add me to the list.
I've already sent you a pm with my I.D, GTP_ADIDAZ.
Hope to have some fun racing some of the GTP guys/girl's in the future.

I think a quick reminder to everyone that Sphinx is a busy person with a real life and that he has to sort through probably a lot of PMs and make sure no one with WRS or general GTP issues are also registered (I am assuming that is the only way to get rejected) that it may not happen immediately.

He will let you know when you are added.

Patience. It isn't as if we have any GTP based events coming up any time soon that requires you to get in soon.

And since I would assume you have already got your GTP_ ID registered on the PSN you aren't being stopped from racing online before he gets to you.

This isn't directed at any one person. I've just seen a number of posts in here, that appear to be excited members, wanting Sphinx to hurry up. No one has been rude about it so 👍 to you all, but I am sure it can be a bit of an annoyance to Sphinx, who is moving as fast as he can.

And let's also remember time differences here. Sphinx is in the UK and so he may be sleeping when members in the western hemisphere are registering. He is not a robot like Famine, and so he does have to go eat and sleep.

All that said, I don't think just saying, "I registered and once I get approved I will be GTP_Username" is a problem.

Hello to everybody here!

-Timo
Yeah Timppaq I've seen you already this morning on Suzuka 700PP, we were on the road together on 4 or 5 races I think. You were on a blue Clio. You're good, I was watching you from my F40 while losing my control hahaha :dopey:

Back