GTP_Registry Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 2,665 comments
I‘m not entirely sure if my posting here is the correct place but I‘d like to add the GTP tag to my PSN-ID and really have no idea if that’d need approval of anyone or if I can just add it. I only found anything regarding registration and a registry in this section but am rather confused about the whole WRS stuff.

I hope somebody here is able to help me :cheers:

I‘m not entirely sure if my posting here is the correct place but I‘d like to add the GTP tag to my PSN-ID and really have no idea if that’d need approval of anyone or if I can just add it. I only found anything regarding registration and a registry in this section but am rather confused about the whole WRS stuff.

I hope somebody here is able to help me :cheers:
Hey there welcome! No approval needed. Those GTP tags were mandatory to participate in GT5 and that's why most long time participants got it, me included. Just follow the instructions to regístrate and set the id as you like.
If there's anything else you want to know just ask 👍

I want to register again under a different PSN ID. Is this possible or am I stuck with what I registered with?
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-registration-gt-sport-new-members-start-here.313756/
EDK
If your forum name has changed, or if you intend to use a new PSN ID, you will need to request a change. Please communicate your request by starting a conversation with EDK, Vaxen, JoostBaksteen and Gravitron.
It may take a few weeks for the new PSN to show up, just make sure people know what to look for if they're checking your replay.

Hello all,
I’m attempting to get my inactive tag GTP_Spiff added to the active Registry for GTSport. I was last active in GT5. Using the Registration instructions, FetchBot replied to my conversation starter with, “Registration Failed. Your PSN is already registered with WRS, please contact an admin.”

If it helps, I see I’m listed as an “Unplaced driver” on the GTSport WRS board at wrs.gtplanet.net. I’m happy to rerun the quali it makes placing easier, will probably reflect the rusty skills.

Thanks for any assistance and look forward to participating. Apologies if I’ve messed up the Registration instructions for old participants.

Thanks,
GTP_Spiff

Hello all,
I’m attempting to get my inactive tag GTP_Spiff added to the active Registry for GTSport. I was last active in GT5. Using the Registration instructions, FetchBot replied to my conversation starter with, “Registration Failed. Your PSN is already registered with WRS, please contact an admin.”

If it helps, I see I’m listed as an “Unplaced driver” on the GTSport WRS board at wrs.gtplanet.net. I’m happy to rerun the quali it makes placing easier, will probably reflect the rusty skills.

Thanks for any assistance and look forward to participating. Apologies if I’ve messed up the Registration instructions for old participants.

Thanks,
GTP_Spiff
If you start running Time Trials, I think you will just end up showing up in the boards.

Thanks for coming out and racing today.

When registering, you want country listed. Is this for time slot placement or some other tracking?

Reason for my question is I am an American living in Spain. Often these stateside racing leagues race past midnight my time (CET) so it makes no sense to join if this is the case.

When registering, you want country listed. Is this for time slot placement or some other tracking?

Reason for my question is I am an American living in Spain. Often these stateside racing leagues race past midnight my time (CET) so it makes no sense to join if this is the case.
No it's not. You are not required to join any specific time slot. Just general information.

Can someone modify my Registry name to be 'Jump_Ace' pwetty pwease? I'm using my OG account again and not my GTP_Jump_Ace account. Thx!

Jerome

Can a unplaced driver join races for GT7? I might join in this wednesday, but havent qualified for a class.
I've been doing that for the past few weeks :lol:

Not too keen on doing the time trials currently, kills my flow having to restart after every lap.

Sorry for question if it was already asked, but there is any ranking for each WRS season? Means like on Formula 1.
It is completely different than division.

Last edited:
we dont run seasons. basically you register and can participate in the time trials. as soon as you've submitted a clean lap in 3 events you will get your division placement. after that each event will allow you to improve the handicap. the handicap is the number your division is based of. in wrs the only way is up so if you have a event where you werent as fast as the rest of your division this wont impact you. if you outperformed your handicap will be adjusted. as soon as that handicap passes the limit for the next division you will be promoted. hope this help you get a sense if youve got more quenstions or if something is unclear feel free to ask. @chimeleon

Last edited:
Hey, @Vaxen thanks for the placement.

Is there anywhere I can find out what the numbers mean?
I'm trying to answer your question here as it's probably a better place for this topic.

Having asked a similar question years ago, here is how I understand rankings it to work:

All the times for the week are plotted on a chart .
SCOOT moves the plot to the right and SQUEEZE pinches it so it is bunched up to create a nice curve (bell curve kinda stuff).

Scores are then generated depending on a time's position on the curve. This is the r number in the results.
eg; r=2.683 (d2/-0193)

the 2 in 2.683 signifies it is a division 2 time. The 0.683 is the score.
The (d2/-0193) is again stating division 2 and the -0193 is the mathematical result of this weeks score minus the driver's handicap.
For a driver's handicap of 2.876. Then, 2.683 - 2.876 = -0193

As for how the Par times are generated... remains a mystery.

For a more in depth read, here are some links to a discussion that took place in week 37 explaining handicap, results and calculations.

Here, here and here

Hi!

Just a quick, probably not very smart question.
I just finished the registration to join the time trials. And the instructions said that i needed to enter
the information exactly as stated. And that it was case sensitive.

The example showed the PSN-nick with uppercase letters.. And this was as I did it.
But my nick isnt all caps.
Did i mess up here, and if so, how can I correct it? Or does it even matter?

Looking forward to some fun clean racing!
(Is racing with VR-set acceptable?)

I'm having issues with registration. It stated I needed to enter data exactly as stated. I believe I did but need assistance to resolve issue. Please advise.

Back