GTP_WRS/3D3 GT6 Career Championship

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 2,034 comments
I just confirmed. Sorry for the late show up didn't see the second registration post. My bad.

I've decided to stay with the Miata for this one. It's still competitive on the first two tracks. But I will most likely be a back marker at Tsukuba. So be it!:dopey:

I've decided to stay with the Miata for this one. It's still competitive on the first two tracks. But I will most likely be a back marker at Tsukuba. So be it!:dopey:
I'll be keeping you company back there. ;)

I can't keep a connection. Looks like all those hours and hours and hours of testing this week was a 🤬 waste of time for me. I am beyond mad that I need to call it a day. Not getting the credits this week will put me at a severe disadvantage for the next round compared to the credits most others are earning. Let's hope we start getting Bonus Events soon so I can make up a few credits here and there.

I said it in the room but I'll say it here too; my sincerest apologies for tonight's performance. Turn one at BH messed up my mojo for that race, I just couldn't focus, but I'm not even going to bother chasing it up after the debacle that was race 2.
I knew that car was pretty fast on that track, but I had no idea it would be that overpowered, to the point where doing the entire s-bend section at half throttle still put me ~1sec faster than the times, as I said in the room, I absolutely SHOULD have done more testing. In hindsight, as soon as concerns were raised in the room I should have slapped a 10-15% limiter on it, but my hubris got the better of me, and for that, I apologise.

Next week will be different.

Great fun today. Thanks again Paul (and others) for organizing this.
Still can't believe I kept going at BH qualification when I had 59.111 :banghead:
I stopped qualifying at Suzuka with a 1'05.1. Good thing too because during the race, I had a 1'04.9 (lap 9, took too much off on lap 10 with a 1'09).

That was a carbon copy of my first three races: Ok the first if it wasn't for the silly mistake. Sheer stupidity on the second (Had to let everyone through after qualy half a second faster than target) and slow but fun at Tsukuba.
Tested a lot but somehow I managed to find 5 tenths I didn't need at the wrong time :banghead:
Have to buy a new car this week so some questions: Credits will be carried on to the next series? When will they be announced? The reason for this question is not to press you guys but to consider if possible to buy a car that would fit the next series as well...

I learned one thing today, my Celica is bad at grid starts. I won the pole by over a half second at Tsukuba, thinking this win is in the bag. I have Paul and Lucas in the row behind me so I know they won't make mistakes just keep it on the track. Now it is time to go, and my car is feeling like it is stuck in quicksand. Paul goes by then Lucas before we get to the first turn. If Ned was not in the same Celica, he would have gone by me too. The race was really fun though, with the top 3 within tenths at the end. I need to practice standing starts in that car or my qualifying means nothing. I had a great time today, and @Nail-27 that was some of the best racing I have seen from you in the Tsukuba race.

Last edited:
Frustrating races for me at Brands and Suzuka.Especially at the first race when I saw that I was faster than the cap I panicked and lost it at the first turn(I penalised myself somehow,lol)At Suzuka I also made 2 mistakes and lost lots of time.My only fun was at Tsukuba the hard but fair battle with @Thematic .That was the best I could do with my EG6.I hope for better races with my new car in 2 weeks.

By the way sorry for not checking which is my room.Wont happen again

Oh really....:lol:
Based on all the practices there, I had to hoof it to get a high 1'09, usually 1'10s, which I thought was pretty slow. It turns out the Neon is a good starter, and then was impossible to pass. Kind of like Paul's Genesis. ;)

You were not the only one with "delusions" of grandeur. The Celica was the THE CAR...and because it was over matched at 400 pp both Patricks and mine were throttled back.... his more than mine because he is FASTER. As a result when I saw a high 9 On lap one of quallyI backed off and figured I would follow Patrick in the race....yada yada. Well as Patrick noted....we both got swamped at the start and I got to be fourth....FOREVER. Oh yeah...there was this feisty little Phewgout lurking like a pack of dogs just waiting for a mistake.

I had enough speed to stay latched onto the three leaders like a leech except when they "Slinkyed"
Into brake zones ....so every time I tried to find anywhere to go except into the back ofPatricks car...I got to spend the next lap fending off Rafael's persistent attacks.....you first three owe me BIG TIME for riding shotgun on your herd.

After an eternity I looked up at the lap counter and IT ONLY SAID FIVE! I actually think I hadn't breathed since the start. I think I touched Patrick twice....it was like Boost racing without the boost. Even with my surplus power I never even got a whiff of a chance to pass.once or twice Patrick left the door open....to what....two more bumpers.

Great racing Paul....great idea....intense...very intense.

Last edited:
feisty little Phewgout lurking like a pack of dogs just waiting for a mistake.
:lol: Phew!

Nail-27
I had enough speed to stay latched onto the three leaders like a leech except when they "Slinkyed"
Into brake zones ....so every time I tried to find anywhere to go except into the back ofPatricks car...I got to spend the next lap fending off Rafael's persistent attacks.....you first three owe me BIG TIME for riding shotgun on your herd.
I knew we could count on you. :dopey:

Nail-27
After an eternity I looked up at the lap counter and IT ONLY SAID FIVE!
That's how it felt for me on all 3 races! :)

Nail-27
Great racing Paul....great idea....intense...very intense.
Pleasure racing you today (with the same colors, seemingly). :cheers:

It went far worse than expected for me. The one race I thought I would do well in was Suzuka. I thought I bumped off @hasslemoff in the first turn. Then, he bumped me when I tried to let him by. Then we were all like: "After you." "No. After you." Perfect gentlemen. After that I was so flustered I kept blowing turn 1 over and over (and over). Paul, was kind enough to wait for me so I wasn't driving completely by myself. Thanks, Paul! :cheers:

Tsukuba was a funny experiment in seeing how long I could keep the back of the pack within view in my 360pp car. Answer: About 6 laps.

I'll be keeping you company back there. ;)
I kept looking for you, but you never made it back there. :lol:

I am definitely looking forward to buying a new vehicle and being closer to pace for the next one.

Man, I wish my Internet over here in the neighborhood over the weekend (and it's still going on...darn you utility workers!!!) wasn't acting so quirky. Going by what has been said about this week's Cup race, it looked as though I could have come away with a possible win. Oh well, such is life.

Have to buy a new car this week so some questions: Credits will be carried on to the next series? When will they be announced? The reason for this question is not to press you guys but to consider if possible to buy a car that would fit the next series as well...

I am wondering this same thing? Since I missed this past week, I will be short tens of thousands of possible credits. So if the credits are carried over to the next round of Cup Races, the people with more wins will continue to get more and more credits as compared to the people with fewer wins or people who miss the Bonus Events or cannot be there for every single Cup Race, therefore letting the winners get more and more choices of cars to pick from than the people with fewer wins? Is this correct?

Last edited:
it looked as though I could have come away with a possible win. Oh well, such is life.

I am wondering this same thing? Since I missed this past week, I will be short tens of thousands of possible credits. So if the credits are carried over to the next round of Cup Races, the people with more wins will continue to get more and more credits as compared to the people with fewer wins or people who miss the Bonus Events or cannot be there for every single Cup Race, therefore letting the winners get more and more choices of cars to pick from than the people with fewer wins? Is this correct?

Yes, the CRX was very competitive in the first two races. You have enough money to buy good car for 425pp races. You won't win the overall but you will have fun.

I will leave the second part for Paul to answer but I believe he plans to always give people starting budget high enough to buy competitive car.

@GTPCrispyOne Sorry about the bump I went to pull in behind to follow you but as you slowed I ended up hitting the side of you.
Kept thinking each time we came to turn 1 if you were going to make it ;).

Credits will be carried over to the next series yes. They have already been quietly announced in a previous post ;).But they are FF Cup, FR Cup, 80's -90's cup. No details off tracks or dates are available yet and if you ever wonder what is next have a look at A spec to give you a general idea.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...nship-second-event-sun-19th-oct.316571/page-9

On page 9 is your answer to both questions.

And also on the Credit Tracker page.

Rules
  • Your name will show on the credit tracker after your first event
  • Prices of cars will be randomly checked and you will receive a penalty if the prices do not match.
  • Follow the event rules you register for which cars to purchase
  • You have 48 hours after the event to enter the value of the car (penalty acquired if not)
  • Late starters ( or miss a championship) starting credit will be reviewed on a individual basis.

As with every career the more you do the more you earn, but as we want the event to be open to everyone the credit will be reviewed and people will always have enough credit to have a few choices of cars, but it does not mean you can blow all your credit if you wish to compete in every event and expect to be giving free credit ;).

I have been testing all day (maybe about 30+ cars so far) and I can only find two (a Focus and a Neon) that can hit the set lap times, are within the PP limits, and are under my credit limit (27k). I need help. :nervous: Any suggestions for cars to use at these street circuits?

Last edited:
I have been testing all day (maybe about 30+ cars so far) and I can only find two (a Focus and a Neon) that can hit the set lap times, are within the PP limits, and are under my credit limit (27k). I need help. :nervous: Any suggestions?
Are you having problem reaching the cap or keeping below it? I say, have a look at the Japanese Hot Hatches. They're good, and reasonably cheap. My Civic Type R EP3 '04 was "just" 23k.

Last edited:
I have been testing all day (maybe about 30+ cars so far) and I can only find two (a Focus and a Neon) that can hit the set lap times, are within the PP limits, and are under my credit limit (27k). I need help. :nervous: Any suggestions?

You should just stay loyal to the same dealership you picked for the first round :)

Before I answer, a question for @hasslemoff - will the car(s) we buy also carry over between championships?

If so, since you have a CR-X, I'd be looking at FR cars since you're already (at least theoretically) set for the FF and 80s/90s Cups. The Nissan Silvia spec-R Aero (standard 1999 or premium 2002) would definitely be a contender at $25,600 and 1,240 kg. At full power/oil change, both will give you 440 PP/258 hp, and at 425 PP/no oil change, it will give you 228 hp for the 1999 and 230 hp for the 2002. (edit - had the wrong HP up originally)

While the 1997/2000 Chevrolet Camaros, and the 2004 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner, are cheaper and more powerful, they're also quite a bit heavier and, in my opinion, not geared very well. The 1998 Nissan Sileighty ($22,880, 418 PP/213 hp with oil change) and 1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M ($23,850, 415 PP/222 hp with oil change) are slightly underpowered compared to what you're looking at and the Silvia spec-R, though in the right hands, I'd suspect they could get right around the lap times at the city courses.

Last edited:
Back