GTP_WRS/3D3 GT6 Career Championship

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 2,034 comments
I'll be opening a practice room tomorrow sometime around 11:30am GMT. Got the targets worked out but some fine tuning won't do any harm (Specially since I went below target at qualy already :banghead:)
My only concern is that the S2000 turns so well I'm going to get murdered on the straights, at Silverstone in particular. By the way I guess Silverstones may drop from my 🤬 before I'm fast there :D

Practice room open in GTP_WRS club. On Eiger Reverse at the moment.

Great session Lucas and Jon. I still don't know what I'm going to drive though. The Mercedes is great for the 80-90 cup but maxes out at 416pp :(

We can use sport hard tires in that case.Right?

That's a dangerous choice Nickonen. In other parity testing at a different league I took that decision and I regretted it later. It will make you faster at the turns of course but would also make it very difficult to keep up at the straights or defend yourself against overtakes. Of course there are lots of faster drivers than me to give you their opinion...

Why did PD have to screw up the '98 M Coupe? I can reach the lap limits with it at 415 and 445pp but I have absolutely no fun doing it.
I'm gonna be buying two cars. The RX7 FC '90 is pretty high on the list.

Practice room open at the WRS Club
Just seen my previous post, sorry I posted the wrong schedule.
Room Closed
Got this at Motegi!!

2014-11-28 15.50.19.jpg

Last edited:
Motegi is a weird track. I'll get 47.5's for a while, then all of a sudden get 3 laps in a row at 46.5! Then "normal" laps again. I've been dialing my Sylvia down from 400. Currently, I'm at 385 and it I think I'll have to go down even more.:eek:

Motegi is a weird track. I'll get 47.5's for a while, then all of a sudden get 3 laps in a row at 46.5! Then "normal" laps again. I've been dialing my Sylvia down from 400. Currently, I'm at 385 and it I think I'll have to go down even more.:eek:

I'm at 150hp, 374pp right now. Good for Eiger too.

Yeah, I was looking at some of the TVRs, when they're dropped down to 415pp they handle so well, none of the back end shenanigans I expected, but they're like, 50k, and I don't think they'll earn that back with my driving. I know I'm not going to earn much each night, so I'm gonna buy cheap to keep my potential profits as high as possible :)
If you use the TVR for both the 80s-90s and FR Cups, it will earn back at least $70,000 ($10,000 per race).
We can use sport hard tires in that case.Right?
Not for the 80s-90s Cup. SH tires are only an option for the FR Cup.
Why did PD have to screw up the '98 M Coupe? I can reach the lap limits with it at 415 and 445pp but I have absolutely no fun doing it.
I'm gonna be buying two cars. The RX7 FC '90 is pretty high on the list.
I can speak from experience - body roll will be an issue with that car (and if you get the Infini III, oversteer will be an issue). Even so, it isn't a bad choice for the 80s-90s Cup.

As for me, right now I'm too sick to dial in either of the cars I'm looking at. If I'm feeling better tomorrow, and we don't get a full room, I'll see about being the back marker on Sunday.

If you use the TVR for both the 80s-90s and FR Cups, it will earn back at least $70,000 ($10,000 per race).

Not for the 80s-90s Cup. SH tires are only an option for the FR Cup.

I can speak from experience - body roll will be an issue with that car (and if you get the Infini III, oversteer will be an issue). Even so, it isn't a bad choice for the 80s-90s Cup.

As for me, right now I'm too sick to dial in either of the cars I'm looking at. If I'm feeling better tomorrow, and we don't get a full room, I'll see about being the back marker on Sunday.

If you read mr_lab_rats post you'll see he was referring to FR cup.So was I.

I hope you make it Steve.

The TVRs were too fast even at 50% power limiter.

Anyone who wants to win overall will probably pick the Silvia as it's the cheapest car that can easily reach the lap limits in next 7 races.

I'm probably going to miss one of the FR events so instead of chasing maximum credits I'll try to keep the cup winning streak going :)

You guys are good. I only managed .003 today but Lucas had a .999 (.001 too fast) :D

The good news is that I found my first car (I will have diferent car for each cup).

That car looks more boring than the BMW. :P

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to cancel for tonight. (Already canceled in the registry.) I hate that I have to miss a cup, but personal reasons prevent me for racing. I thought that by today I'd be okay to race, but apparently not. So have fun for me and I'll see you @ the FR cup.

I'm deliberating whether I should give my FTO one final go, It would be a daunting experience being put up against all of these RWD cars...

I'm deliberating whether I should give my FTO one final go, It would be a daunting experience being put up against all of these RWD cars...
The FTO should be good to go. In fact, you'll almost certainly need to detune it at the last 2 tracks.

I'm running 399pp at Motegi and Eiger but need all the power I can get for Silverstone. My car doesn't like high speed turns.
FWD car will be good at Eiger, I found it difficult to be consistent in RWD cars there.

So guys, please be patient with overtaking. I suggest following someone for a lap. There is a good chance your car will be faster at some part of the track.
A lot of cars will be slow going up the hill at Eiger, I'll be slow at Copse turn in Silverstone

I'm running 399pp at Motegi and Eiger but need all the power I can get for Silverstone. My car doesn't like high speed turns.
FWD car will be good at Eiger, I found it difficult to be consistent in RWD cars there.

So guys, please be patient with overtaking. I suggest following someone for a lap. There is a good chance your car will be faster at some part of the track.
A lot of cars will be slow going up the hill at Eiger, I'll be slow at Copse turn in Silverstone

Well my S2000 will crawl uphill, and it'll be slow at Copse just because that turn hates me and I hate it back :banghead:

80's - 90's Cup​

So it's time to take the cover off the cars that have been sat rusting away in the garages for 14+ years, the car selection looks nice again and people have spent some time grinding the rust and respraying there cars that still have wind down windows and some might still have to use a manual choke to keep those revs up in a cold engine, Luckily its warm and sunny in today's races so the old heater systems in the cars are not needed.
Good Luck and Have Fun.

Note: Just to stop any confusion at the start of races, if you qualify to quick please just start the race as normal there is no need to ghost or any form of slowing near the start as it can cause more problems behind, if you'r car is way to quick and you wish to slow to allow drivers past please wait until the safest place not near the start of the race, Thank you.

Track Notes: Silverstone and Motegi are nice open tracks with plenty track to make a clean pass, everyone's car is different so please take that into account and do not dive bomb make sure you have a good overlap to make a clean pass.

Eiger: Difficult track to pass, some cars will be quicker in the straight sections and some will be quicker in the hairpins, again please take this into consideration and no dive bombing even if your car has good corner speed you still need to have a good overlap per the OLR rules.

Back