GTP_WRS/3D3 GT6 Career Championship

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 2,034 comments
@GTP_Patrick1, @Mini Stiggy, @AspecBob and I are on a team, still looking at names and colors.

Here's some pics from an epic marathon session we had yesterday:

Twin Ring Motegi East Course_14.jpg Twin Ring Motegi East Course_15.jpg Twin Ring Motegi East Course_16.jpg Twin Ring Motegi East Course_17.jpg Twin Ring Motegi East Course_18.jpg Twin Ring Motegi East Course_19.jpg Twin Ring Motegi East Course_20.jpg Twin Ring Motegi East Course_21.jpg Twin Ring Motegi East Course_22.jpg Twin Ring Motegi East Course_23.jpg Twin Ring Motegi East Course_24.jpg Twin Ring Motegi East Course_25.jpg Twin Ring Motegi East Course_26.jpg Nürburgring GP_D.jpg Nürburgring GP_D_1.jpg Nürburgring GP_D_2.jpg Nürburgring GP_D_3.jpg Nürburgring GP_D_4.jpg

EDIT: Ignore the Delorean at Motegi. Patrick thought he was being funny. :lol:

I was just going to ask, who the hell was that in the DeLorean, then I thought it would have been Pekka :lol:
I was just messing with him, he actually was in the 86 Base Model like the rest of us, but he kept hitting that bug where he showed in the previous car.

When he switched to the SLS GT3 from the Fireblade, it made for some funny moments:

Daytona Road Course.jpg Daytona Road Course_1.jpg Daytona Road Course_3.jpg Daytona Road Course_6.jpg

In the first pic, that's Joe (@Mini Stiggy) in the Autozam *trying* to hit the bug but it was only hitting Patrick, from my POV.

Bonus Event Reminder

Bonus event 8 has 3 days left and I see a few who have signed up but not participated yet ;). I've added the media reports already posted to one of the highlight post's on the first page for a quick reference. Race and Media Highlights

Team Line ups

Team line ups are available on a spoiler on this page. Please keep them up to date by posting in the thread and if you are looking for a team to join post in the thread.

I noticed @PHO3NIX_F1RE is still looking for a team to join and there is a few regulars who have not been seen yet :)

Team Championship Registration

If you are planning to join the first two races on Sunday 18th Jan at 20:00 GMT please could you fill in the registration form , sign up as reserve if you plan to race but are not sure.
The reason is so we can see if two rooms are needed and if two rooms are needed it gives us time to work a system out to get the merged results done in between the two races quicker Thankyou.

I'm still looking for a team. By the looks of things I'll be running CM tyres, and even at that I'm about a second off pace (selling myself so well here...). I've got quite a bit of time off this next week so I'll continue to practice as and when and hopefully improve my performance.

Actually running CM tires will likely be an advantage at some of the tracks. The caps have been set pretty tight so a lot of the guys on CH tires won't be reaching them (look at the times Joe and Pekka ran in the video above, yes they were losing time fighting but it's still pretty tough to run low 1'56 without draft here)

I'm still looking for a team. By the looks of things I'll be running CM tyres, and even at that I'm about a second off pace (selling myself so well here...). I've got quite a bit of time off this next week so I'll continue to practice as and when and hopefully improve my performance.
I'd be careful if your only a second away from cap time. Because you could definitely gain over a second with the low fuel and stronger slipstream.

Actually running CM tires will likely be an advantage at some of the tracks. The caps have been set pretty tight so a lot of the guys on CH tires won't be reaching them (look at the times Joe and Pekka ran in the video above, yes they were losing time fighting but it's still pretty tough to run low 1'56 without draft here)

I'm able to run 56's all day , I clocked 56.2 today and a high 55 seems possible on a perfect lap (for me.)

You don't fall into "lot of guys" category I mentioned :)
My fastest was 1'57.1 on full tank but I think I can get a high 1'56.

And yes, the car gets considerably quicker after about 10 laps when some fuel gets used and slipstream can be worth full second alone.

I wish I sat down and wrote this when the bonus event came up. After enjoying the holidays, memories of these races are a little cloudy.

Least Favorite Moment:

I was fairly horrible in the first few events. There was one point where I was up in 4th in the Suzuka race, and I managed to drop a tire off with 2 laps to go maybe? Either way Im pretty sure I finished in last. Ive made plenty of mistakes, but that one sticks out in my mind as the worst moment so far.

Favorite Moment:

The whole FR Cup has been my favorite part so far. I managed to finish 4th or 5th in the final standings. Every race was close and fun. I think I remeber the races at Autumn Ring and Cape Ring being my favorites.

Favorite Car:

The Rx-7 was my favorite car, mostly because it was mine. It was alot of fun to drive too. The mix of cars in the races are awesome though. Tiny roadsters to huge muscle cars makes for some fun racing.

Closest Competitor:

Whoever is nearest to me on the track? I dont know who I would pick. Every race I have a good battle with someone or someones. My biggest comeptition is with myself and not making stupid mistakes. I need to work on this consistency thing in 2015.

Championship Structure:

This was an awesome idea. Its been fun from the start. Its the way I wish the game could of been. Racing against real people through career mode is kind of what I was expecting from this game by now. We actually get to do that now. I cant imagine the work that went into getting the capped times and pp limits and everything to work together to make it so competitive for everyone. But Im glad it all worked out.

Overall:

I want to thank Paul and anyone else that helped put together this championship and thank everyone thats a part of WRS/3D3 team. All the weekly races and time trials and all the other special races are awesome. It makes GT6 worth playing when I would pretty much have no reason to turn my ps3 on anymore. Thanks for keeping me busy and letting me pretend Im a racecar driver.

:cheers:

Jonathan

One More Thing:

I should be looking for a team to join for the next event. Whos in the market for a teammate?

@EWeinbauer you can still have the 50000 cr bonus 👍, ill leave it open till before the team event as there is still a few who have been busy as well over the last few weeks.

Also @Kjeld Lund is looking for a team as im sure @MadMax is already in a team and im just waiting for confirmation @Iceman220 :sly:.

@Sjaak, @jtv90069 and myself have made a team.

Team Name: Norfolk Enchance
Team Colour: Purple
Team Numbers: 22, 23, 24

Image courtesy of @Sjaak 👍

n%C3%BCrburgring-gp_d_2-jpg.287614

@EWeinbauer you can still have the 50000 cr bonus 👍, ill leave it open till before the team event as there is still a few who have been busy as well over the last few weeks.

Thanks. I wasnt sure if I made it in time. Either way I wanted to let you know Im having fun even if Im running poorly.

Last I checked, @PHO3NIX_F1RE was still looking.
Also @Kjeld Lund is looking for a team

@PHO3NIX_F1RE or @Kjeld Lund, teammates?
Ill let you name the team if I can pick the car color!

Back