GTP_WRS/3D3 GT6 Career Championship

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 2,034 comments
The Monaco race was a disaster - 6 of us exceeded the cap time including me and Paul @hasslemoff
(Un)fortunately, I didn't have to worry about that - I couldn't get within a second of the cap on Sunday even though I could approach it earlier in the week with the same settings.
A reminder to those who may not get much testing. You must use the GP F settings at Nordshleiff, make sure your tranny won't redline on the long straight at Nordshleiff. This may mean you have less than optimal settings at GP F.
That's why I don't tune.

Practice room up. Will be there for about an hour. GP/F at the moment. Two more laps at the green hell and I'm done.
Room closed

Last edited:
(Un)fortunately, I didn't have to worry about that - I couldn't get within a second of the cap on Sunday even though I could approach it earlier in the week with the same settings.

That's why I don't tune.
i had problems to reach cap in my practices, but in quali the very first lap gone over cap by .14s :banghead::D:cheers:

Practice room open. I'm bringing a few cars to the party as I try to decide between cheap and no tuning.

Please Note Final track added and a change to the capped lap time at Streets of willow
  • 3rd track added is Indinapolis Oval with no capped lap time and real strip stream.
  • Streets of Willow new capped laptime is 1 min 22 seconds.

American Classic Muscle Car Cup pre 80's 460pp

Time Slot Sunday April 19th 2015
3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific / 19:00 GMT / Check Local

mazda-raceway-laguna-seca-w-jpg.90585
streets-of-willow-springs-w-jpg.90618
indianapolis-motor-speedway-w-jpg.101879

Indy oval is 460pp, no capped lap time and real slip stream.

Course Settings
  • Course's: Laguna Seca, Streets Of Willow, Indinapolis Oval
  • No. of Laps: Laguna Seca 10 Laps / Streets Of willow 11 Laps / Indinapolis 12 Laps
  • Weather: 0%
  • Weather Changeability: Fixed
  • Surface Water at Race Start: 0%
  • Time: TBD
  • Time Progression: TBD
Car Selection Method
  • Car Selection Method: Garage
  • Car Filters: American
  • PP Limit: 460pp
  • Max Power Limit: Any
  • Minimum Weight: Any
  • Drivetrain: Any
  • Tires: Sports Hard / Sports Medium
  • Nitrous: Prohibited
  • Vehicle Tuning: All Tuning Parts Available
  • Custom Rims: Allowed
  • Oil change: Allowed
  • Brake Balance Adjustment: Allowed
Lap Time's not to Exceed
  • Laguna Seca 1 min 45 sec's
  • Streets of Willow 1 min 22 sec's
  • Indinapolis Oval N/A
Special Bonus of 50 000cr if you are .001 slower than the capped lap time without exceeding the time in the race and Qualifying.

Bart's Mk1 Golf for career mode has a concurence :scared:

:eek: watch the accelleration around 140km/h and above

4wd... pff that's cheating :lol:
Why do you think I rejected the notion of using that car?

I'll be further back than usual - the only way I'd be even somewhat competitive today is at full power and SM tires, and given RBR and the Sudschliefe's replacement are two of my worst tracks, I don't want to be tempted to be close enough to ruin somebody's race.

Race room for the Schwarzwald Cup is open. (Ruz, Patrick, and Phoenix are in a separate room for a few more minutes, but they'll be joining my room shortly)

Currently at Nords, will visit the other two tracks as well.

Sorry to PASM and THE RAT...I really should have ghosted...but as I mentioned I Am so used to not being allowed to in the other league it never occured to me until too late. This was a perfect way to blow offthe cobwebs after a month off. Javier it was stupendous following your sideways Audi....:lol:.

Thanks for putting up with my STICKY M3. :crazy:

Sorry to PASM and THE RAT...I really should have ghosted...but as I mentioned I Am so used to not being allowed to in the other league it never occured to me until too late. This was a perfect way to blow offthe cobwebs after a month off. Javier it was stupendous following your sideways Audi....:lol:.

Thanks for putting up with my STICKY M3. :crazy:

Glad you enjoyed the show. Really should have done better than rage quitting at the Nurb :banghead:

My appologies :bowdown: for the accident in Mutkurve, was drafting Kjeld, braking hard, but didnt steer as needed so went off to grass, my wheel gone wild and i couldn't find the start button as fast as needed. :banghead:

My sorry goes to @roamer2629 @Phoenix1976 @jtv90069 and anyone else involved.

Anyway, was a disastrous evening for me. Messed up with transmission in the last moment to shorten the gears a bit, but all i caused was that i was unable to find the rhythm. My bad. Fastest lap at RBR 1'47,0, fastest at GP/F 2'20 till lap 6, then surprisingly two fast laps(dunno how) 2'18.3 and 2'18.2, but that was all what i can call a light moment in todays racing.

One more time a Big sorry to all

All apologies. :bowdown:

Also had a frustrating day today, but upon viewing the replays there's a lot of great racing. 👍

Links to the replays:

RBR - @Kjeld Lund runs away with it
GP/F - @Iceman220 too quick for us
Nords - Typical crazy Nordschleife :crazy:

I was actually having a great time until I made my classic mistake: Having expectations other than just having fun :banghead:
Keep forgetting that racing at the Nurb is most definitely not lapping the track. Last time around I got helped by the carnage, this time I fell victim to it.
Public apologies to Patrick and Kjeld for the incident at lap 2. I wasn't actually trying to overtake when the incident took place but I should have left more space for you guys to negotiate that turn, specially because I knew I could brake a lot later than you guys. Sloppy driving on my part because I saw an opening and went for it regardless of the section of the track we were in, or if it was possible to pull it off without consequences. I should know better by know. Sorry guys :ouch:
That said, great battles with Miro at RBR, with Ned and Pekka at GP/F until I went off track.

I was actually having a great time until I made my classic mistake: Having expectations other than just having fun :banghead:
Keep forgetting that racing at the Nurb is most definitely not lapping the track. Last time around I got helped by the carnage, this time I fell victim to it.
Public apologies to Patrick and Kjeld for the incident at lap 2. I wasn't actually trying to overtake when the incident took place but I should have left more space for you guys to negotiate that turn, specially because I knew I could brake a lot later than you guys. Sloppy driving on my part because I saw an opening and went for it regardless of the section of the track we were in, or if it was possible to pull it off without consequences. I should know better by know. Sorry guys :ouch:
That said, great battles with Miro at RBR, with Ned and Pekka at GP/F until I went off track.
What happens at Nürnberg ring, stays at Nürnberg Ring :) some things allways Goes wrong at the Ring. :banghead: No ned to apologise to me for that. It happens all to often to me, and we are far from perfect, so mistakes happens.

Fantastic night racing, so thanks to everyone involved and @hasslemoff for organizing it.

I went into this weeks races with high expectations (mistake no. 1), with my tuning setup I had eliminated one of the weaker areas of my game; cornering.

Qualifying first at RBR was a surprise, but shortlived, I had two wheels on the grass braking into Schlossgold (mistake no. 2), putting me at about 10 seconds behind the pack. I managed to pull it back to fifth though, a personal highlight, and a result I'm happy with.

I thought I had first at GP/F until @Iceman220 and @Gravitron came out of nowhere with wonderlaps, seperating us by less than one hundredth of a second. During the race, I had a bit of an incident with @Mires (mistake no. 3), and ended up finishing low too, but it was a lot of fun duking it out with @PASM for a couple of laps.

Nordschliefe was carnage. I started low, let @PASM by early because who wants a battle for two full laps of the Nurburgring? After the fustercluck on lap one I found a bit of a groove, working up to seventh with @Mires in my sights, until we both came off (mistake no. 4) ruining the race for @roamer2629 (mistake no. 5) and forfeiting all of the places I had just gained.

I think for the future, I need to work on 'not losing my s#!t when I'm under pressure'.

TL;DR: mistakes were made, fun was had, lessons were learnt.

Last edited:
Fantastic night racing, so thanks to everyone involved and @hasslemoff for organizing it.

I went into this weeks races with high expectations (mistake no. 1), with my tuning setup I had eliminated one of the weaker areas of my game; cornering.

Qualifying first at RBR was a surprise, but shortlived, I had two wheels on the grass braking into Schlossgold (mistake no. 2), putting me at about 10 seconds behind the pack. I managed to pull it back to fifth though, a personal highlight, and a result I'm happy with.

I thought I had first at GP/F until @mr_lab_rat and @Iceman220 came out of nowhere with wonderlaps, seperating us by less than one hundredth of a second. During the race, I had a bit of an incident with @Mires (mistake no. 3), and ended up finishing low too, but it was a lot of fun duking it out with @PASM for a couple of laps.

Nordschliefe was carnage. I started low, let @PASM by early because who wants a battle for two full laps of the Nurburgring? After the fustercluck on lap one I found a bit of a groove, working up to seventh with @Mires in my sights, until we both came off (mistake no. 4) ruining the race for @roamer2629 (mistake no. 5) and forfeiting all of the places I had just gained.

I think for the future, I need to work on 'not losing my s#!t when I'm under pressure'.

TL;DR: mistakes were made, fun was had, lessons were learnt.
It was @Gravitron with that wonder lap ;)

Latest Posts

Back