GTP_WRS/3D3 GT6 Career Championship

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 2,034 comments
Another fantastic night of racing, so thanks to everyone involved, particularly the organisers, this series never fails to entertain.

Firstly, I'd like to apologise to everyone for the first race, once I had @PASM and @jtv90069 in my sights I lost track of everything other than keeping them there, I'd not even come close to that kind of lap time in practice, I don't know what happened. I have a number of theories on it, but all I can really do is assure you all that it wasn't intentional.

Secondly, an apology to @GTP_Patrick1 for being stuck behind my smoke dispensing tail for most of race 2, I hope it wasn't too distracting.

Race 3 was entertaining for the first 8 laps, a four way battle between @roamer2629, @Gravitron, @Nail-27 and myself, but going through a corner 3 cars wide is never going to end well, even on a track as broad as Indy.

As soon as @Gravitron posts the replay for Laguna Seca I'll dust off the old photomode and put together a little highlight gallery of all the action from the National A races (I need to occupy myself until it starts again, after all).

Again, thanks to everyone involved in the organisation, delivery and participation of this series, and I'll work on improving my consistency. For now, I need to wash this sentimentality off of myself before it stains. :)

Mike and I had an epic battle at the Indy oval. I was was smiling and stressed for most of the race as the closeness we were racing at was fun and stressful. Mike overtook me on last lap, but I got a good run on the last corner, drafted a bit and was .02 short at the end.

The Laguna race for me was lots of fun too, with the 3 way battle I had with Lucas and Mike. I came out on the short end, but it sure was fun.

Was a great race day yesterday. Although once again, i couldnt avoid some mistakes in my driving. At LS i spun firstly in last corner in lap 2, then in penultimate lap after Corkscrew.

My best race was at WS, yet was the most disappointing race aswell. Took the pole from Lucas in 3rd Q lap, started really well, keeping Ruz on my back (making some space in turns, for not been overtaken at straights). Till lap 3 all was great, then came my unexpected perfect lap of 1'21.840 and i did panicked a bit, took off the throttle for a bit, almost went off the track and starting to work on my way back to P1. In lap 6 i spun and lost another 5 places. Anyway, no other lap i had over the cap time, last two were really close :D

Indy race, as of practices was obvious who will keep the pace (Pekka, Ruz..) i was looking forward to fight at least for P3, was a great battle with Bart and Kjeld and their Shelby's. Although i had the only no-lifter in the field, it was a bit dull on straights, so it was all the race same - in straights loosing contact, in turns coming back, but wasnt really able to keep pace in draft so im happy with 5th place in this race.

Thank you all for a really nice evening guys. Going to register my buzzing hornet - Z28 and looking forward to another races in career :D wonder what races will come in next champs

edit: 1'22.840 changed into 1'21.840 as 22 wasnt under cap :D ups

Last edited:
Congrats Bart, Ruz, and Jon! :cheers:

Here's some pics to remember: :D

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_32.jpg Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_33.jpg Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_34.jpg Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_35.jpg Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_36.jpg Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_37.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_30.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_31.jpg Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_32.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_1.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_2.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_3.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_4.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_5.jpg

NOTE:
The Career events will spin back up in late May/early June, and until then, at the normal Sunday timeslot we'll have a different kind of championship running. Look for the announcement soon.

Last edited:
Corvette C7 Give Away
Courtesy of @jtv90069

I thought i'd give you a riddle instead of pulling a name out of a hat, the first person to answer correctly will win Jon's C7.
As everyone is in different timezones you can only post your answer in the thread on Saturday 25th April between 19:00 GMT and 21:00 GMT. The first to post the correct answer wins the C7.

Drivers in the draw for the C7 plus 150 000 credit bonus for the correct answer.

@Gravitron
@GTP_Patrick1
@EWeinbauer
@PHO3NIX_F1RE
@Eggstor

As well anyone can send the answer by PM to my self to receive a 100 000 credit bonus if the answer is correct before Saturday 25th April 19:00 GMT.

The Riddle

One man wrote a song about a road to hell his home town is where you would find a name you would identify with a famous motor sport. That person worked (works) with a motor sport driver for numerous years. They are both always heard together on the radio with some famous quotes.
What was the drivers last fastest lap ?

Good luck

National A overall Winner

Well done @mr_lab_rat for been a tight a:censored: and only spending 195500, but luckily you won 830000 to give you the win by 1545cr over @Iceman220 who was even tighter :sly:.

Congrats to the drivers who managed to make all the races and now you might be thinking why you spent so much on some of them cars (Z4 for 69k ;) ). But as long as you had fun with them im sure the purchase was wise.

Here is Mikes anthem and hes asked if you can guess the connection to GT.

Again a big thankyou to all who participated in all the races with out you it would not be worth doing and has produced some great moments in the National A Championship from close finishes, grids full of different cars and one of my fave's a classic ferrari racing against a new ferrari and the Dino's racing against a Alfa Mito with a fiat 500 in the mix as well. Im sure you don't see grids like that in regular racing series ;).

Just a quick Fact that 57 different cars were used in the National A championship, great selection of cars from a Daihatsu SIRION X4 (J) '00 which cost 13900cr to a Lamborghini Diablo GT '00 which cost 300 000cr.

Thanks a lot again and the details of the next part will slowly be released while you all enjoy a change on a Sunday with the Triple Mix Championship.

Don't know if I read the question right.Was it driver's (personal) fastest lap or overall race fastest lap?

National A overall Winner

Well done @mr_lab_rat for been a tight a:censored: and only spending 195500, but luckily you won 830000 to give you the win by 1545cr over @Iceman220 who was even tighter :sly:.

Congrats to the drivers who managed to make all the races and now you might be thinking why you spent so much on some of them cars (Z4 for 69k ;) ). But as long as you had fun with them im sure the purchase was wise.

Here is Mikes anthem and hes asked if you can guess the connection to GT.

Again a big thankyou to all who participated in all the races with out you it would not be worth doing and has produced some great moments in the National A Championship from close finishes, grids full of different cars and one of my fave's a classic ferrari racing against a new ferrari and the Dino's racing against a Alfa Mito with a fiat 500 in the mix as well. Im sure you don't see grids like that in regular racing series ;).

Just a quick Fact that 57 different cars were used in the National A championship, great selection of cars from a Daihatsu SIRION X4 (J) '00 which cost 13900cr to a Lamborghini Diablo GT '00 which cost 300 000cr.

Thanks a lot again and the details of the next part will slowly be released while you all enjoy a change on a Sunday with the Triple Mix Championship.

connection is that this song was written for GT2 and is in the soundtrack / main theme of the opening video :)

edit: well, not sure if written for the game, but is in the opening theme for sure :)

PS: love that song

Its been a bit quiet the last month in here as the triple mix took center stage for a month and the GT500 / GT300 enduro is coming up, works starting behind the scenes to get the capped lap times and dates sorted for the International B Championship.

New rules.
  • Overall Championship with credit spent and earned is been dropped
  • A new capped lap time rule including quali and race capped lap times again to allow closing racing.
  • New starting credit for the new drivers and drivers who have not been able to make all the events.
  • New winning credit for each race, 1st = 150 000 cr so the quicker cars are freely available.

International B Championship Cups

Tour of Japan = 2 races one night / PP 520
  • Tokyo
  • Twin ring Motegi East
Tour of Europe = 2 races one night / PP 540
  • Spa
  • Ascari
Tour of America = 2 races one night / PP 560
  • Indinapolis Road Course
  • Laguna Seca
All tour races are classed as one cup (overall winner determined over the 3 tours)

Supercar Festival = 4 races over two weeks / PP 600

• Monza
  • Silverstone Full
  • Nurb GP/D
  • Reb Bull ring full
Tuned Car Festival = 4 races over two weeks / PP 580
  • Apricott Hill
  • Daytona
  • Cape Ring full
  • Fuji GT
GT Kart 125 = 3 races one night
  • Kart Space 1
  • Kart Space 2
  • Gt Arena
Dirt Trials = TBD
  • Toscana (Variable time)
  • Eiger Norwood W TRail
  • Chamonix West (Weather)
British Light Weights = 2 races / PP 540
  • London
  • Brands Hatch Indy
Classic Supercar Festival = 4 races over two weeks / PP 570
  • Monza 80's
  • Brands Hatch 80's
  • Madrid
  • Daytona
GT All-Stars Championship = 4 races over two weeks /PP 620
  • Bathurst
  • Brands Hatch
  • Spa (night)
  • TBD

Above events are subject to change by the Stewards discretion, the above is a guide to help you pick your cars for the International B Championship.

2.4 Hour Suzuka SuperGT Mixed Class Enduro Bonus Event

Compete in any affiliated event with the SuperGt Mixed class Enduro and receive a 200'000 cr bonus​

GTP WRS-Online : Special XI - 2.4 Hour Suzuka SuperGT Mixed Class Enduro - June 6/7

suzuka-circuit-2014_17-copy-jpg.370395

Make sure you register below to be eligible for this event. You will have to re register for every bonus event

Register Here

[dropbox]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46246500/event_career_bonus_event_reg.png[/dropbox]

(tables will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Last edited:
International B Championship

Starting 21st June

Two Weeks to go till the start of the international B Championship, its time to get back into the garage and pick your favorite car's and get some of those credits spent.

International B starting Credit

New Starters start with 500 000 Cr as well as drivers who have not been able to join all the previous events

New Capped time rules

There is a separate Qualifying cap and race cap time again to allow you to concentrate on racing instead of clock watching.

Example
  • Track: Laguna
  • Qualifying Cap: 1min 30 seconds
  • Race Cap: 1min 29.500 seconds

You should set your car up to not exceed the Qualifying cap time the 0.5 seconds cap time for the race is to allow you to concentrate on racing.
  • Exceeding the qualifying cap still results in a 90 second penalty.
  • Exceeding the race cap (especially whilst alone) results in a penalty, note there is no set penalty for exceeding the race cap as there is to many factors involved in why a driver went to quick.
  • Race cap penalties will range from 1 second to numerous positions lost depending on how quick and how much time a driver gained.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Back