GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 10 : Weekly Rally Series?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 324 comments
I am really not understanding what is fast and what isn't. I keep running what seems to be the same lines, and my times vary a lot. I feel like I am just throwing darts blindly at a wall. This time, I believe one of my darts stuck.

T1: 35.768
T2: 43.755

If someone could post Zoky's other rally lap.. the one from the weekly gt5 time challenge, I think it might unlock some ideas for me. Unfortunately, I can't go get it, because of the wonderful psn failure. Thank you in advance, if someone finds the time to do this.

Zoky, you just seem to be in a different league here. You have been flying the last several weeks. Great times! :cheers:

edit: just looked at the leaderboard. Great job W-G-E, you and Zoky are from another planet.

Wasn't going to have a go at this one, but with psn down there isn't as much to do in GT, so I thought I should at least give it one run....
I didn't like rally when I first played it in GT5, but fully enjoyed the few laps I just run, so i'm going back to my main account to finish the rally events now :)
Submitting time with this one and only set of splits.
:cheers: and good luck all.

Thanks Sidplayos2 and Redreevos - I don't know your names.

T1: 35.459
T2: 42.914

If only I could figure out T1...

This really was my only .4 T1 from this session.

Heh. Changed my driving style a bit, and it did yield a couple of tenths on each sector. But honestly, if I didn't know all those posted sector times are clean, I wouldn't think them possible.

T1: 37.462
T2: 45.863

Submitted with my splits on the board. If PSN gets back up and I can have a look at Zoky's lines from that vid, then I might give it another go, but that's looking unlikely.

-------

I could be submitting with these splits....very happy with 1st and 3rd sector,lost 0.1-0.2 in 2nd though....

@w-g-e....nice splits,wondering about your 3rd sector?!!:sly:

I am submitting with the following splits:-

After another couple of hours yesterday I think I am done now. I could have gone a little bit faster but it's not easy to put all the sectors together in the same lap. That said I've enjoyed this week, it's been a nice change and I've done better than I ever thought I would.:)

I am submitting with the following splits:-

After another couple of hours yesterday I think I am done now. I could have gone a little bit faster but it's not easy to put all the sectors together in the same lap. That said I've enjoyed this week, it's been a nice change and I've done better than I ever thought I would.:)

ASH, you are ridiculous man! Nice splits.👍

-------

I could be submitting with these splits....very happy with 1st and 3rd sector,lost 0.1-0.2 in 2nd though....

@w-g-e....nice splits,wondering about your 3rd sector?!!:sly:

Go Zoky! Great effort, loosing only .2 throughout this combo is an impressive outcome lol.

Last edited:
ASH, you are ridiculous man! Nice splits.👍

Thanks, It's still taking me about 5-6 hours to find my speed though, so my next aim is to try and to cut this by a few yours. Then I can spend more time trying to get consistent.:)

I haven't had much time to run this week and it's not going well. I never did like the rally stuff and find it hard to get into it enough to do well.

T1: 36.592
T2: 45.150

I had one run with much better times, but had a very slight bump into one of the invisible walls. I'll try again later tonight, but I'm not expecting much.

Small split improvement with about .300 at the line, most likely submitting with these. After throwing away a few 1:19.6's i think I'm done. Every sector is a crap shoot on this one. :crazy:

T1: 35.828
T2: 43.973

That's enough rallying for me right now. I'm off to Indy in my redneck-mobile!! Time submitted with posted splits. Great job to those of you who stuck to it this week, especially you, Lefty!! 👍 And you, too, LittleLefty!! 👍👍

I think I'm done too - I can go 0.2 faster in T1 and 0.5 in T2, but never in the same lap. If I do, then I make a complete Horlicks of T3 - submitting with my current splits.

Great times guys

Thanks Zoky.
T1: 35.347
T2: 42.731

Messed up T3...:rolleyes:

T1: 36.039
T2: 44.813

I have to be honest, this week was very addictive, but very frustrating. I'm submitting with these splits and moving on to next week.

T1: 38.339
T2: 45.804

Not sure where I'm losing so much time on T1, will have to watch some of the replays to see what people are doing that I'm missing.

T1: 38.339
T2: 45.804

Not sure where I'm losing so much time on T1, will have to watch some of the replays to see what people are doing that I'm missing.

Same here, T1 was killing me. I've had enough of rally to last me a lifetime unless it's playing Dirt 2 on my pc. :D I'm just going to submit my best lap and take the loss, I guess it's better to submit something than just skip the week. :ill:

Thanks Zoky.
T1: 35.347
T2: 42.731

Messed up T3...:rolleyes:
Amazing splits.....I'm doing something generally wrong in T2 and can't figure out what,not consistent there....:dopey:!

BTW: I'm on 50/50 torque,ABS 1 and stock BB!

Amazing splits.....I'm doing something generally wrong in T2 and can't figure out what,not consistent there....:dopey:!

BTW: I'm on 50/50 torque,ABS 1 and stock BB!

Yeah, been struggling with T2 all along. I'm certain it's to do with that first corner of T2. Gave it my best shot to stay with you guys, but will be relinquishing my podium to Dan and Chris with the following splits. Great challenge guys, think you both got me although my T3 aint too bad :sly:

Slower in T2 by 0.5 :grumpy: , but faster in both T1 and T3 but faster to the line by 0.2. And this T3 was my best since playing toscana I think (Faster by 0.4, basically traded T2 for T3).

Thanks for letting us have such a great event, think we might have even found some talented rally drivers here 👍

Nice splits, what is it with scottsmen and rally. :sly:

Some lessons from my hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LKAYtaD_t4&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Never forget when he didn't listen to Nicky Grist and rolled the car. The famous "Listen to me Colin!". Guess that was revenge for Grist giving him the wrong pace notes :scared:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPZLobXONYc

This is how the focus is meant to be driven :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwtvlxFIWUU

I just like playing in the dirt.

He was one of my heroes too. Liked it better when he was in a Subaru, got a soft spot for them. Had to get rid of mine because of my heavy right foot and its petrol habit.

Watched the clips and its given me a boost for one last push.

T1: 36.192
T2: 43.720

And I'm still trying.

Back