GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 10 : Weekly Rally Series?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 324 comments

EDK

WRS Admin
United States
Boise, ID
GTP_EDK
ps3logokl4.jpg

:: GTP_Weekly Race Series ::

granturismo5logok.jpg
\

GT5 Week 10 : Weekly Rally Series?

gtpdk9.jpg

Hotlap Event in Special Event Format

Toscana_2.jpg

Ford Focus RS WRC 07 '08

Toscana_9.jpg

Toscana (Dirt)

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Toscana_3.jpg

Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Special Events
  • Track: Grand Tour > Tuscan Time Trial
  • Make: USA > Ford
  • Model: Focus RS WRC 07 '08

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 306 HP (Stock)
  • Weight: 1230 kg (Stock)
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (This Aid is Set to 'Off' For the Event)
  • Tyre Type: Dirt
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available)

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with any walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ. Beware that most track boundaries are invisible walls.
  • All surfaces are track

Steward's Comments:
The first rally event of WRS since GT4. Everyone should be familiar with this one, since it is part of your progress through the game!

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

• Save your replay using the "Save Replay" option. This is the only replay save option available for this event, you will not be able to save a ghost replay
  • Make sure you save your replay any time you have a run you are happy with. The game will overwrite the fastest replay every time you make a new run.
  • To view your replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

Toscana_4.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime
  • This includes discussion of the Gold, Silver and Bronze times for the event. Don't discuss how you compare to those times.

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 2

Toscana_7.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 10 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, April 25th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Toscana_10.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Zoky will be happy too I would suspect :)

Looking forward to learning how to rally!

Thanks so much EDK (and all involved) for churning out these events week by week, it's fantastic :)

Last edited:
There you go Lefty.👍 Your thread worked, now to find out how good we all are.

Am I correct in assuming that "All surfaces are track" simply means that as long as you are not DQ:d by the game your lap is valid?

PS3 should be back up on Monday, maybe a good time to reaquaint myself with WRS :)

Oh no, my worst fear.
First time rally with a wheel, not expecting much results.

This will be fun.... I love rallying. :) Shame I'm crap at it but it'll still be a laugh. It'll be interesting to see if the usual suspects are still at the top of the leaderboard or if it'll turn the form-book on its head.

I'm waiting 'til Tuesday to do my first run... still got a score to settle with Nurburgring.

There you go Lefty.👍 Your thread worked, now to find out how good we all are.

I planned to use this as the first rally WRS since before I put up the qualifier.

So, no, the thread didn't work. But if it helps you to think that, OK with me. ;)

Am I correct in assuming that "All surfaces are track" simply means that as long as you are not DQ:d by the game your lap is valid?

Yes, but you can't hit the inviswalls. I think that's the only thing the game will DQ you for, is a severe wall whack.

Dang, I was hoping it wouldn't be this one haha. Thanks Kevin and WRS team. Now For all the people who expressed interested in this, I better see some crazy times. :)

T1: 38.344
T2: 47.347

Wow this is tricky :)

Don't bother with TCS, it's probably less useless than having no wheels would be.

I'm going to run this after I try again on last weeks race. I will post some splits later tonight.

*sigh* I have a feeling this will be 2 wks in a row that I don't bring much in D4.

...of course, maybe I'll find some crazy special Rally power, and end up being good at it...

Early splits:

-------

Second and third sector seemed ok but 1st could be better I think...💡💡

The lines you can take round here are...interesting! You can do about half the lap without touching the track!

T1: 37.478
T2: 46.674

That's the first hour gone! Loads of dirty laps due to invisible walls.... T1 is pretty simple, T2 is very tricky and T3 is an absolute pain to get right. It takes an ice-age to get any traction out of the last turn!

Great fun 👍

I'll have to pass on this, can't stand rally, it is just no fun.

Reserving the right to change my mind midweek and decide to learn it.

Last one...

T1: 37.508
T2: 46.256

Looks like I drove round in a bus compared to Zoky's times.

Well this will be my first WRS.... I'm not that keen on rallying but I'll give it a go :-) Any tips for a rallying newbie from the pros?

As I'm using a DS3 do you recommend turning my steering sensitivity up? I use +2 as standard.

Thanks for a sutch a Gold Junkies frienly combo Kevin/EDK :cheers:

Couldn't resist giving this a go for early splits:

T1 36.093
T2 44.429

My best T1 so far has been a 35.8

452hp/1585Kg rally car , hmm?

MadMax

Oh man, I just got to work and saw this. Want to go home already now :)

For those of you with G25/G27 just a warning, monitor the heat of your wheel since it can get REALLY hot after an hour of this.
Let's get to it Lefty, you the man for starting that thread:tup:

And is this a pun or for real (Weekly Rally Series)? That would be cool :)

Last edited:
I have heard that using a wheel for Rally events CAN put wheel users at a disadvantage because of the vibration / control / feedback?
Any truth to that?
I am a DS3 user myself so I wouldn't know the difference, I expect to be the bottom of the ladder this week, Rally's just don't agee with me . . .
None the less, I'll give it my best shot! Enjoy!

Cheers All !!!

I have heard that using a wheel for Rally events CAN put wheel users at a disadvantage because of the vibration / control / feedback?
Any truth to that?
I am a DS3 user myself so I wouldn't know the difference, I expect to be the bottom of the ladder this week, Rally's just don't agee with me . . .
None the less, I'll give it my best shot! Enjoy!

Cheers All !!!

You could always turn down the strength if it's not comfortable. I think the fast drivers will still be up the top. Just drive it like a circuit event, smooth throttle and brakes, and MINIMAL sideways, no matter how cool it looks :)

I know where my weakness is here, it's that damn last turn, really got to figure that turn out for a good T3.

Edit: Oh, looks like I need to level up first according to mcfizzle.

Last edited:
muttley-00.jpg

This weeks combo comes complete w/ "Space Bucks" XP and trophyz.....Weeeee

The fencing is made of Titanium coated Un-obtainum w/ fence post that seem like they are the decedents of Excalibur and can't be removed from there location and will defy any impact so beware…. lol

Last edited:
Submitting my WRS 9 now and will give this a go. Actually did some rally earlier today in this car...and it wasn't pretty, haha.

Someone mentioned rallying with a wheel vs. Pad and I think it would be easier on a Pad after driving both. The wheel is kinda hard on the wrists and hands, but maybe I'm just a wuss :scared:

EDIT: MadMax, are you sure you wrote down the correct splits? Being a whole second faster than Zoky at T1 is, well....odd?

EDIT 2: Some splits! You know, I'm starting to believe that rumor that offline physics differ than online. When I drove this car online it was an understeery pile of 'stuff'. But coming back to this event, it's truly fun :)

About 90 minutes in:
37.040 (seen a couple 36.8's)
45.424 (still working out that right hairpin after the hill...)

Jerome

Last edited:
EDIT: MadMax, are you sure you wrote down the correct splits? Being a whole second faster than Zoky at T1 is, well....odd?

Jerome

Yes , they are correct. My fastest T1 so far has been a 35.875
I know this track pretty well from licence tests IC-7 , IB-7 and IA-7 .

MadMax

Man, I am gonna bring some stink this week...and not in a good way. :scared: Too bad it is on dirt. I feel like I am better on snow, though that could just be placebo since the AI is so terrible on the powder. :P

Not sure that I have ever done this event. Should be fun to see what I can make happen.

Back