GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 104 : WRS 10 Year Event #1 - Grip Sensei

• Thread starter EDK
  • 111 comments
Since its a decade of WRS! and the combos are intimidating each week ill try and participate this week since its been a while. love the combo! lets see if I got better lately.

Good luck all. :)

This looks great! One of my favorite cars, too bad I won't be able to compete :(.

Already congratulations on the ten years :cheers:!

After running this for about 30 minutes, it seems that carrying speed out of last right turn is key. If you don't hit this right, you lose so much time on the long straight.

Just been trying to improve my time for half an hour and realised that I had forgot to put racing softs on and I was using racing hards *facepalm

BanditKarter22
Just been trying to improve my time for half an hour and realised that I had forgot to put racing softs on and I was using racing hards *facepalm

Nice splits tho 👍. Dat T1!

What BB is every one using? I'm using default 5/5 car pushes but it's not that bad

Same as you had on the Suzuki? Does that reflect your driving style or do both tracks/cars have something in common? (apart from being in Japan ;))

Tsukuba needed good turn in for the hairpins and this car needs good turn in otherwise it understeers :)

good improvement on the last secor.

Last edited:
Went tenths quicker over the whole lap but my sector 1 and 2 times were terrible :(

New splits:

Just wish I had that T3 with my previous T1 and T2 times, then my weeks work would be over :ouch:

Last edited:
My first attempt its seams im a bit rusty and paying too much attention to the ultimate speed secrets that im reading for Ross Bently now I confess light throttle release and brake engagement helped the car initial turn in rotation but im off the pace ill try to do better.

T1: 13.631
T2: 39.774

10 years eh? Have you run all of them then Ron? :sly: Nice to see you pop in from time to time. 👍

Love Tokyo and the Supra doesn't give me nightmares any more :P so thought I'd give this a quick run since I missed my window for last week.

Fair to middling run through the last sector so plenty of room for improvement. 13.512 best 1st sector so far and seen a few 38.9xx 2nd sectors. But sector 3 is the crucial one here of course. This one is going to be a stress test towards the end of the week. :cheers:

Been a while, but get the feeling I'm doing something seriously wrong in the 1st corner.

10 years eh? Have you run all of them then Ron?
I would put my money on him having run events in each of the 10 years. He was there for the first race.

Cannot find how to get around the long corner, I think that is where all my time is lost

EDK
I would put my money on him having run events in each of the 10 years. He was there for the first race.
Fantastic! 👍 Anniversary cake anyone?

Another blast this morning while its quiet:

Still a bit hesitant through sector 3. Lots of time to be won or lost in every bit of it.

Fantastic! 👍 Anniversary cake anyone?

Another blast this morning while its quiet:

Still a bit hesitant through sector 3. Lots of time to be won or lost in every bit of it.

Nice lap :-) I've had 13.455 in T1 and 38.948 in T2 so far but not put them together into a lap yet :)

Not my best splits, but t3 is pretty good. I think I'm losing time in the kink at the start of t2.

Went tenths quicker over the whole lap but my sector 1 and 2 times were terrible :(

New splits:

Just wish I had that T3 with my previous T1 and T2 times, then my weeks work would be over :ouch:

Same story here... my best lap has a slower T2 and my best T3 to date and beat a save with 52.4 at T2 all in the last turn :ouch:

10 years eh? Have you run all of them then Ron? :sly: Nice to see you pop in from time to time. 👍

No I haven't run em all mate :sly: but as Kev says I have been popping in and out every year since the start of the WRS 👍 Only 2 games I play on PS3 are GT and COD.... chances are if its Arcade I will have a lap or 2 :cheers:

Love Tokyo and the Supra doesn't give me nightmares any more :P so thought I'd give this a quick run since I missed my window for last week.

Fair to middling run through the last sector so plenty of room for improvement. 13.512 best 1st sector so far and seen a few 38.9xx 2nd sectors. But sector 3 is the crucial one here of course. This one is going to be a stress test towards the end of the week. :cheers:

Nice splits mate 👍 your best T1 of 13.512 is identical to mine and I have hit it about 4 times now :crazy: like I cant beat it by .001 haha, my best T2 is 52.480 but there's loads left on this combo and I expect to see a 13.4 / 52.3 before the week is through :)

I really have hit a bit of a brick wall with the save i have for chasing as its so smooth at the back end i just lose every time on the last turn no matter how far ahead i am :ouch: Back to the drawing board and start with a fresh ghost later tonight :dopey:

GL all 👍

Oh btw! this combo as soon as I save a ghost... it resets me bask to RH tyres similar to a problem i had a few weeks back, does anyone else have this issue? is it universal? I just find it weird that as soon as I save a lap my car turns to crap! :P

Last edited:
Okay, finally I have converted a good T1 + T2 into a decent time :) , still lost 0.15 in the last sector though :(

New Splits:

I am the most inept person ever in the first three turns. This session has put me right off Tokyo! Must have restarted 50 times in 1 hour.

I am the most inept person ever in the first three turns. This session has put me right off Tokyo! Must have restarted 50 times in 1 hour.

Try your brake balance on 4/9 it helps with the turn in as long as you brake hard enough :)

Try your brake balance on 4/9 it helps with the turn in as long as you brake hard enough :)

I like 3/7 but struggling to not either hit the inside or outside wall at turn 1, seems different every trip! Rest of the lap is good though, just need to stop getting narced by the first 1/4 of the lap ;)

I like 3/7 but struggling to not either hit the inside or outside wall at turn 1, seems different every trip! Rest of the lap is good though, just need to stop getting narced by the first 1/4 of the lap ;)

Seems to me that the rumble strips can be used to advantage in certain places, like the sharp one on the right in turn 1, the left/right ones in turn 2/3 and the right/left/right ones in the high speed snaky bit before T2. Hitting them wrong just makes things worse though ;). I tried 4/9 and 3/7 without seeing much difference - but then I wouldn't ;)
I'm off to London now so I'll just have to post my mediocre time today. Might get in an hour before deadline on Monday (after driving home from the airport 500 km in the snow). Good luck all!

Back