GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 107 : 7 Gears for 107

• Thread starter EDK
  • 167 comments
In the race description it says 'aero N/A', but from Chris's tune I see he too has max aero.
Happy Birthday Bandit! :gtpflag::cheers:

35.481 34.764
33.465 33.357

Last edited:
In the race description it says 'aero N/A', but from Chris's tune I see he too has max aero.
Happy Birthday Bandit! :gtpflag::cheers:
I think he meant, that there are no aero parts to buy, not that you can't use the default aero package on the car. It seems when he puts N/A in description it means Not applicable, as opposed to installing a turbo he says not allowed.

I think he meant, that there are no aero parts to buy, not that you can't use the default aero package on the car. It seems when he puts N/A in description it means Not applicable, as opposed to installing a turbo he says not allowed.

That's correct. N/A = Not Applicable, in this particular case, it's to say that there are no parts to add, they are already on the car.

On a week we use a road car, we would denote whether or not you can ADD aero to the car. Basically, if the part is installed and it cannot be changed, there's no need to state what is or is not allowed, therefore, N/A.

Marginal improvement but still losing time in the esses

Give a rocket ship to some aliens and just look at the show they put on!
I feel like Will Smith in "Independance Day" when he first takes control of the alien ship. Uh?..How do you make this thing go? Oops, not that way!

Anyway, here's my first splits. Not quite up to full song yet (about 5 more HP I think):

Made a big improvement - this time I tried Vagabond's tune, but I found it understeered too much on the first corner/kink at high speeds but it was very good at coming out of corners and had less understeer through slower corners than Praiaino's tune, plus the gears felt way better. So I went about trying to find the similarities and the differences in the two tunes, and find a way of utilizing the good bits in both - I think I've found that now.

Anyway here's my splits, then I'll list the tune:

Full Aero

Praiano LSD: 10 5 5 Much less power oversteer than Vagabond's and just felt faster

Suspension is a mixture of both:

-5 -5 RH
14.5 14.00 SR - this is the same bias as Praiano's but high settings like Vagabond's
8 8 Dampers Ext (Praiano)
7 7 Dampers Comp (Praiano)
2 3 ARB (Praiano)
2.4 2.2 Camber (Praiano
0.00 0.00 This is the other difference - I found with the Praiano Toe it still understeered a bit, and found that this cut some of that out.

BB 9 8

So it could have been the 0.00 toe or the higher Springs that made the difference, but I'm not sure, it just works for me and I found more time from it so I guess that's what counts.

And my previous splits for comparison:

35.446 34.617 34.985 34.801 34.694
33.949 33.815 32.983 33.260 33.159

My best T1 this time, but my T2 has been slightly faster. But I'm managing to improve, somehow. :D

Last edited:
Made a big improvement - this time I tried Vagabond's tune, but I found it understeered too much on the first corner/kink at high speeds but it was very good at coming out of corners and had less understeer through slower corners than Praiaino's tune, plus the gears felt way better. So I went about trying to find the similarities and the differences in the two tunes, and find a way of utilizing the good bits in both - I think I've found that now.

Anyway here's my splits, then I'll list the tune:

Full Aero

Praiano LSD: 10 5 5 Much less power oversteer than Vagabond's and just felt faster

Suspension is a mixture of both:

-5 -5 RH
14.5 14.00 SR - this is the same bias as Praiano's but high settings like Vagabond's
8 8 Dampers Ext (Praiano)
7 7 Dampers Comp (Praiano)
2 3 ARB (Praiano)
2.4 2.2 Camber (Praiano
0.00 0.00 This is the other difference - I found with the Praiano Toe it still understeered a bit, and found that this cut some of that out.

BB 9 8

So it could have been the 0.00 toe or the higher Springs that made the difference, but I'm not sure, it just works for me and I found more time from it so I guess that's what counts.

And my previous splits for comparison:

35.446 34.617 34.985 34.801 34.694
33.949 33.815 32.983 33.260 33.159

My best T1 this time, but my T2 has been slightly faster. But I'm managing to improve, somehow. :D

So what gears are you using. I'm going to try this.

So what gears are you using. I'm going to try this.

I'm using Vagabond's gears - I had a hard time trying to match them, but I found a way. Let me describe it to you, if I can remember.

Here's Vagabond's setup sheet:

citroengtrc.jpg

To get his gears I reset the gearbox to default, set the final gear at 3.615, then lowered Max Speed to the lowest (far left) then this matched Vagabond's gears exactly. Then set my Final Gear at 2.450 to get a top speed in top right corner of 195 mph (maybe different if you're running with kph). But I haven't tried it with Vagabond's 2.313 Final Gear - I'm hitting the limiter on the straight, but it's not bouncing before I brake.

And let me know how you get on - I'd like to know if this works for others.

Last edited:
I'm using Vagabond's gears - I had a hard time trying to match them, but I found a way. Let me describe it to you, if I can remember.

Here's Vagabond's setup sheet:

citroengtrc.jpg

To get his gears I reset the gearbox to default, set the final gear at 3.615, then lowered Max Speed to the lowest (far left) then this matched Vagabond's gears exactly. Then set my Final Gear at 2.450 to get a top speed in top right corner of 195 mph (maybe different if you're running with kph). But I haven't tried it with Vagabond's 2.313 Final Gear - I'm hitting the limiter on the straight, but it's not bouncing before I brake.

And let me know how you get on - I'd like to know if this works for others.

Very nice. Thank you for posting this. I'll give you some times when I get them.

Getting my mojo Back! Using Praiano's tune, a little stronger BB, and ABS 9. 626 hp

iainoflo85 I just took nearly 1 full second off my time with that setup.
Closing in on my goal. Post splits after I reach it.

FYI: I dropped the rear aero to 65. Gave me more umff.

iainoflo85 I just took nearly 1 full second off my time with that setup.
Closing in on my goal. Post splits after I reach it.

FYI: I dropped the rear aero to 65. Gave me more umff.

Wow, that's a massive improvement. Glad you liked it.

I'm using Vagabond's gears - I had a hard time trying to match them, but I found a way.
Sorry about that mate - I just assumed everyone knows how I set my gears now. :guilty: Here's the how:

1. Set Max Speed to minimum
2. Set individual ratios
3. Set Final

Sometimes setting Max Speed to minimum won't allow you to reach the correct top speed even after bringing the Final gear all the way down, so I try the next higher Max Speed setting and then do the same with the other ratios.

And call me Chris. :)

My week has taken a switchabout - pulled my back yesterday... bringing coal in of all things. Simple little slip but its thrown my week's plans out. I now have more free time but not really up to frenetic TTing. :ouch: I did have time, however, to play with the car setup - the first one I just threw on in 5 minutes and only ran it for about 15 or 20 minutes on Sunday night.

So here it is:

citroengtrc.jpg

As described above to set the gears. I'll be honest, Praiano's setups make no sense to me for offline TTs - he makes the car feel balanced but they never maximise grip and traction. Very low acceleration LSD settings feel better initially since you can get on the power earlier and with more confidence but actually lack traction and there is much benefit in running a higher setting with an analogue right foot (if you're a wheel/pedal user obviously). Higher settings also reduce high speed understeer in racing cars when you're on throttle. The trick with this car is precision braking and throttle control....

Be careful out there 👍

Thanks for the tune's Chris, will defenitly give them I try when I start this TT.

Hope you're sore back gets better soon...

My tunes are just a base for any medium driver go fast. Of course they are not TT tunes. TT tunes mostly serve for this event only.
Also a sharp tune based on throttle control and brake control can be fast for a very few , but a nightmare for most of us non-aliens.

Talking about my tune, it's very all around. Everybody can take it any track and go fast at the first lap. This is always my goal. Anybody can let it more sharp or not. My way to do.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°

The trick with this car is precision braking and throttle control....

Be careful out there 👍

Couldn't have put it better myself, my car is very tricky to apply the throttle without spinning up the wheels in the slow speed corners :scared:

I hope your back recovers soon :)

Set up my ps3 last night, but not my wheel yet. Ran some laps with my controller for the first time in about five years. Just wanted to put some miles on the car in case I have time for a real go later on. Its not broken in and I didn't bother with a setup, but still enjoyed it. Not gonna post splits because that would be silly, but I was running about two seconds behind the leaders, which is way better than I thought I would do. Hopefully I'll get my wheel up soon.

Edit : Make that about 3 seconds behind the leaders.

My tunes are just a base for any medium driver go fast. Of course they are not TT tunes. TT tunes mostly serve for this event only.
Also a sharp tune based on throttle control and brake control can be fast for a very few , but a nightmare for most of us non-aliens.

Talking about my tune, it's very all around. Everybody can take it any track and go fast at the first lap. This is always my goal. Anybody can let it more sharp or not. My way to do.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°

I use your tunes ALL the time. I agree they are not complete for each event and/or track. But 99% of the time they are close enough with a few tweeks to make them work.

I am still pretty new at this and use a DS3 to boot so throttle control is not as precise as a peddle could be.

So thanks again for the tunes. 👍

Just had a go on this using Chris' tune. Not really sure where I can find any more time :scared:

Back