GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 107 : 7 Gears for 107

• Thread starter EDK
  • 167 comments
Ohhh just some random GT'er!:D
Ay up James lad. Dusting the crap off? I hear someone left you in the shed for 7 months or something... :lol:

My way to do.
I detect you may have taken offense at my comment... I mean no insult mate, its just an observation. :) The car always feels good with your setup on but I can't make it go as fast as I want to. :indiff: Its a worthy thing you do though, to give everybody a good balanced rev-and-go package... and they are generally good to race online with. 👍

PS - I'm no alien but I do like a setup than you can thrash mercilessly. :P

Ay up James lad. Dusting the crap off? I hear someone left you in the shed for 7 months or something... :lol:

I detect you may have taken offense at my comment... I mean no insult mate, its just an observation. :) The car always feels good with your setup on but I can't make it go as fast as I want to. :indiff: Its a worthy thing you do though, to give everybody a good balanced rev-and-go package... and they are generally good to race online with. 👍

PS - I'm no alien but I do like a setup than you can thrash mercilessly. :P
Don't worry ,not offended at all. I just wanted to explain what my tunes are made for.
There is nothing wrong in what you've said, but it's a fact, TT tunes are sharp and not very usefull for others tracks or tires.
I remember the Roma track with the stratos rally car. There it was the same thing, less skilled GTplayers were using my tune. A little slower than your for sure, but easiest to drive around the track for a medium driver.

No problems, have a good day.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°

Yup dragged it out of the shed, covered in cobwebs and dust.. so i thought it was time to get back into some racing. 👍 Gonna take a few weeks to get back up to speed me thinks 👍

Praiano, I use your tunes a lot, tune sheet A, and sometimes Vagabonds, tune sheet B, and usually end up with a mix, tune sheet C. I appreciate both inputs. I get to race with times that get me up a Division. 4 to 3! I am in that Medium skill class. Thanks again!

Very enjoyable car to drive, didn't expect it. Never drove Grand Valley reverse. So a new track to learn although i know part of it from the week with the east reverse version with the M3.

Just like the normal way, i suck at T2 and really need to find a couple of tenth there, but still haven't figured out how or where. My T1 is pretty good so far.

Nice discussion about the tunes. I spend some time on the seasonals and find out there is big difference between TT tunes and online tunes, even bigger than i thought. For online races i want stable tunes to reduce the change of errors and give me consistence lap times. For TT's i need a tune that's a bitch to drive. Those bitchy tunes are faster, much harder to control the car. Tried both Chris his tunes and praiano's, both are to stable to to be fast for me. So i run this one stock with some changes to the LSD and Toe. I wish i could tune myself to create those bitchy tunes.

Still using Chris his second gears and thanks for that 👍

Sorry about that mate - I just assumed everyone knows how I set my gears now. :guilty: Here's the how:

1. Set Max Speed to minimum
2. Set individual ratios
3. Set Final

Sometimes setting Max Speed to minimum won't allow you to reach the correct top speed even after bringing the Final gear all the way down, so I try the next higher Max Speed setting and then do the same with the other ratios.

And call me Chris. :)

My week has taken a switchabout - pulled my back yesterday... bringing coal in of all things. Simple little slip but its thrown my week's plans out. I now have more free time but not really up to frenetic TTing. :ouch: I did have time, however, to play with the car setup - the first one I just threw on in 5 minutes and only ran it for about 15 or 20 minutes on Sunday night.

So here it is:

citroengtrc.jpg

As described above to set the gears. I'll be honest, Praiano's setups make no sense to me for offline TTs - he makes the car feel balanced but they never maximise grip and traction. Very low acceleration LSD settings feel better initially since you can get on the power earlier and with more confidence but actually lack traction and there is much benefit in running a higher setting with an analogue right foot (if you're a wheel/pedal user obviously). Higher settings also reduce high speed understeer in racing cars when you're on throttle. The trick with this car is precision braking and throttle control....

Be careful out there 👍

Hi Chris, I'm Iain, nice to meet you.

I shall give your update a try, and see how it compares - I might find I'll use parts of it like before. But will have to see if it can improve my time. I'm still looking for a few tenths in sector 2, that seems to be where I'm struggling the most to find time - but it's just about finding the smoothest and fastest line through there that's legal. Pretty happy with the first and last sectors, but I have been able to get a faster T1, just not been able to stay in front of my ghost for the rest of the lap.

New Splits:

Only improved by half a tenth overall as I had a terrible middle sector.

Last edited:
Found a little speed in both sectors but have light years to go before I can be anywhere near making it to Alpha Centauri before this event closes!

Big gains in T1, big lossess in T2, overall big gain at finish line.

Last edited:
After gaining some time last night I'm still only able to post so so times. Ugh, this track & this car are not my fav's by any means...:grumpy:

If I could kill another .500 somewhere I'll be happy.

Second try and with Chris's second tune! Thanks Chris I love it!!!!

Al

I feel like Batman in this thing..... crime rates at Grand Valley are at the lowest since GT1... good to see you back james! Good tune Chris, thanks.

I was drifting in t2!

New splits

Last edited:
Tried it with Chris's tune, doesn't gell with my driving style so working on my own tune, still not perfect but here are some splits

34.416 34.434
33.106 32.733

Nice tune Chris. I need to run a few more laps but it seems like it could give me a better T2 than I've had so far 👍

Last edited:
Thanks Dennis. Near PB sectors 1 and 2, so doubt I'll improve on the board. Might aim for a tenth in T3.

My tune, if anyone wants to give it a go:

-10/-10
14/15
9/9
9/9
4/4

2.8/2.8
-0.5/-0.5

7/11/8

BB 6/6

Couldn't resist trying this combo, Grand Valley is probably my favourite track.

I've tried both Mohit and Chris's tunes, and I prefer Chris's as Mohit's has a bit much understeer for my liking. I've made a couple of modifications: final gear a bit longer and diff at 10/11/5.

My car's still only at 623 HP and there's an extra 0.1 in T1, so who knows what I could muster this week.

It's looking like a good week for Britain; currently five of the top six are British (strike that - four of the top five since viper84 posted new splits). :D

Last edited:
Ok, here we go, bought a brand new car, no tune, far from broken in.

Last edited:
Tried Chris's tune, but don't get a handle on this car/track. May or may not post on this one.

Back