GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 107 : 7 Gears for 107

• Thread starter EDK
  • 167 comments
Found the key - I'm understeering too much. :dunce:
New splits, marginal improvement split wise, but better over the line:

35.446 34.617 34.985 34.801 34.694 34.446
33.949 33.815 32.983 33.260 33.159 33.061

Last edited:
Switched to Chris's tune. Again an excellent tune 👍 wich gave instant better result.

Small split improvement, but gained 0.5 at the line.

Last edited:
Damn, 5 minutes 20 minutes later and I've gone even faster. This new "approach" is really working for me:

35.446 34.617 34.985 34.801 34.694 34.446 34.580
33.949 33.815 32.983 33.260 33.159 33.061 32.903

I think that's enough for tonight. :D

Last edited:
Set my wheel up and had a good session tonight. Put Chris' tune on it and tweaked it just a bit. Very good tune, and a great combo. More time left but here are my first splits.

Nice splits Iain, I am on your tail ;)

Yeah, it took me til now to realise what I was doing wrong, that's why I'm where I am on the table. Just something so simple has cost me so much time before. I think I can improve again, but will have to wait until tomorrow.

Yeah, it took me til now to realise what I was doing wrong, that's why I'm where I am on the table. Just something so simple has cost me so much time before. I think I can improve again, but will have to wait until tomorrow.

Nice a then we could have a good battle goin on'

I improved massivly on my first sector and was so suprised I got my second totaly wrong, still managed to end with my best last sector and improve my best lap time with 0.5.

About Koen (GTP Kreezydoed) I think he should come out and race. No matter what people say, you can not help how the system works, you do everything correct so there is no reason for not joining us anymore. I think I might say in behalve of a lot other div3 drivers, he and mamba lifted our standards higher by setting those good times, it pushes yourself to get out there again and try to find that other 0.1 sec. Give him time, he has just entered and his moving through divisions, next promotion he will move up to div2 and I am sure he will fit in pretty well there. But in the meantime he could be out here and having fun just like we all do, there will always be somebody faster than you.....let it be a stimulation, but don't let it get into your mind, your having fun remember :D Just sayin'

Last edited:

Still not fully broken in but I've got Chris' tune on now and it feels good. I want another half second yet so there's work to be done. :) Comin' to get ya, Dale! :sly:

Thanks Dennis. Near PB sectors 1 and 2, so doubt I'll improve on the board. Might aim for a tenth in T3.

My tune, if anyone wants to give it a go:

-10/-10
14/15
9/9
9/9
4/4

2.8/2.8
-0.5/-0.5

7/11/8

BB 6/6

That could become a close battle between us. This splits are close to my PB as well. Actually T2 is my PB atm, i'm glad i found some pace there last night. Did only a few laps to keep the feeling and tried a bit more aggressive approach in T2 and it worked. Now i don't have to be a shamed anymore of my T2. Hopfully it was not a fluke cos i lost a bit in T1 and T3

Still running 90% stock (the suspension)

Last edited:
Nice a then we could have a good battle goin on'

I improved massivly on my first sector and was so suprised I got my second totaly wrong, still managed to end with my best last sector and improve my best lap time with 0.5.

About Koen (GTP Kreezydoed) I think he should come out and race. No matter what people say, you can not help how the system works, you do everything correct so there is no reason for not joining us anymore. I think I might say in behalve of a lot other div3 drivers, he and mamba lifted our standards higher by setting those good times, it pushes yourself to get out there again and try to find that other 0.1 sec. Give him time, he has just entered and his moving through divisions, next promotion he will move up to div2 and I am sure he will fit in pretty well there. But in the meantime he could be out here and having fun just like we all do, there will always be somebody faster than you.....let it be a stimulation, but don't let it get into your mind, your having fun remember :D Just sayin'
For what it's worth I agree with you He will eventually move into the proper division. To me it's about having fun racing!!

Yeah, that's weird. Gooners' time updated - he only posted a couple of hours before you.

It's because he changed his username. The admins will have to fix it.

All fixed now thanks to Vaxen although seeing how everybody has shot passed me on the leaderboard whilst I was in the pits maybe I should have stayed there :lol:

Been a while since my last TT again, couldn't resist bringing this out of the garage.
A few months ago I did a couple of series using this at 500hp, so I've made a couple of adjustments to my setup.
Can't remember where I found it originally, but have modified it to this.

RH -11/-9
SR 15.5/15.5
Ext 9/7
Com 5/6
ARB 6/6
Cam 1.9/2.4
Toe -0.03/0.05
LSD 12/14/12
BB 3/4

Small 10 lap tuning session, messed up t2 went on a slight drift after the tunnel.

Similar splits but gained a few in sector 3

I seem to be going backwards with T1 and T2 but made a much better T3 and best of all I did these times with my wheel!.....First time ever that I have beaten my DS3 times...woohoo :lol:

I seem to be going backwards with T1 and T2 but made a much better T3 and best of all I did these times with my wheel!.....First time ever that I have beaten my DS3 times...woohoo :lol:

Nice to hear! 👍 I'm currently doing the seasonal TT on this track and it still requires the same throttle control as this car does :lol:

Nice to hear! 👍 I'm currently doing the seasonal TT on this track and it still requires the same throttle control as this car does :lol:

Thanks John. I was doing the Seasonal TT for a while and after handling that Viper the Citroen felt like it had glue on its tyres :lol:

Not quite sure what I'm doing different with my wheel to get better times with it but I'm stoked anyway :)

Last edited:
Thanks John. I was doing the TT for a while and after handling that Viper the Citroen felt like it had glue on its tyres :lol:

Not quite sure what I'm doing different with my wheel to get better times with it but I'm stoked anyway :)

Wheel is def faster than pad, you have more flexibility on steering and throttle and brake control,

Wheel is def faster than pad, you have more flexibility on steering and throttle and brake control,

I hope that's true but It's taking a long time to get to that point if it is faster. The wheel feels really awkward after almost a decade of DS3. I'm never going to be a D1 driver and going faster wasn't my primary aim with the wheel it was more about a more engaging experience which I have. I would like it not to be slower than the DS3 though and I need a whole bunch of practice before I give up the DS3 for good :)

Slight improvement on T2

I loved that feeling when the wheel was finally faster then my DS3!!! :):):)

Al

Yes, amazing feeling Al :cheers:

I think I better stop now, my arms ache :lol:

Final times for today with a better T3 again;

Mike

I decided to take a leaf out of Dennis's book and reset the suspension to stock (apart from rear toe at 0.00) and somehow I've become faster. :boggled: The car feels much better through faster bends, particularly turn 1 and the turns in T3 separating the two hairpins.

My best T1 is now 33.691 and I found another four tenths in T3, but I can't seem to match my previous T2. :irked:

EDIT - new splits again:

EDIT 2:

:D

Finally managed to string together a great lap - with a new personal best T2 to boot. Surely I must have done enough to beat my handicap this week...

Last edited:
Faster over the line, but not great splits:

35.446 34.617 34.985 34.801 34.694 34.446 34.580 34.491
33.949 33.815 32.983 33.260 33.159 33.061 32.903 32.712

Last edited:
Had to have another go...much better T1 and T3, now if only I could string it together with a decent T2

Had to have another go...much better T1 and T3, now if only I could string it together with a decent T2

Yeah, T2 is my weakest point. But I can't get the T1 time you've posted. I'm nearly at my limit for T1.

Yeah, T2 is my weakest point. But I can't get the T1 time you've posted. I'm nearly at my limit for T1.

I thought I was at my limit earlier this afternoon but decided to have one more go and be extra aggressive....it paid off but I git a bit squirly in T2 and lost 2-3 tenths.

Hang in there Iain, that T1 will come mate 👍

I decided to take a leaf out of Dennis's book and reset the suspension to stock (apart from rear toe at 0.00) and somehow I've become faster. :boggled: The car feels much better through faster bends, particularly turn 1 and the turns in T3 separating the two hairpins.
That's just weird. :P Stock setting are actually quite good on this car but I don't feel like I can push it as hard and turn-in isn't sharp enough. :indiff: Whatever suits though eh? Nice improvements too Matthew mate. 👍

In fact, great gains by quite a few guys. 👍 Better join in...

Managed quite a good little session whilst whacked up on painkillers on Wednesday night. :mischievous: Probably not the best idea and I suffered for it afterwards.... Had a quick bash at the Seasonal TT round here yesterday morning and even at minimum setting, my wheel is pulling enough to niggle, so I gave that up and likely won't run again this week. :ouch: So this is my effort, which I'm pretty pleased with all things considered:

Good luck guys. :cheers:

I thought I was at my limit earlier this afternoon but decided to have one more go and be extra aggressive....it paid off but I git a bit squirly in T2 and lost 2-3 tenths.

Hang in there Iain, that T1 will come mate 👍

Thanks, I'll get there eventually - I've learnt a lot more from this TT than the others, so will be great for going forward to the next ones.

That's just weird. :P Stock setting are actually quite good on this car but I don't feel like I can push it as hard and turn-in isn't sharp enough. :indiff: Whatever suits though eh? Nice improvements too Matthew mate. 👍

Managed quite a good little session whilst whacked up on painkillers on Wednesday night. :mischievous: Probably not the best idea and I suffered for it afterwards.... Had a quick bash at the Seasonal TT round here yesterday morning and even at minimum setting, my wheel is pulling enough to niggle, so I gave that up and likely won't run again this week. :ouch: So this is my effort, which I'm pretty pleased with all things considered:

You're now top of the leaderboard, so you can relax. :D

Get well soon Chris :cheers:

BTW I tried the stock suspension and had to go back to your settings, it just didn't seem to have enough bite.

Holy smokes Chris... where did that T2 come from?! :bowdown:

The stock suspension being faster for me is indeed uncanny. Your tune must be pretty good though if you're able to go nearly two tenths faster than Bandit while ill. Maybe I need to find a compromise... :rolleyes:

Back