GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 112 : Revving is Racing

• Thread starter EDK
  • 281 comments

Times were checked and correct, how about Fetchin it???

Last edited:

Left about a tenth and a half on the track (damn you inside curb on the hairpin), but I'm gonna have to submit with these splits. Without a doubt clean, judging by my first section if I pushed it more I could of had a .6! By the way, nice T1 Wes ;)

Decided to call it a week, I just can't seem to pull together a quicker lap. I'm reasonably satisfied with my submitted lap. Good luck everyone 👍

I'm going to have to call you out here Wes. We've all been there with close laps... I threw one away a couple of weeks ago that was almost my magic lap because it was the absolute limit of legal. It doesn't matter that you spent half an hour going through every frame, its the half an hour that someone else will have to spend doing the same that matters. Someone of your speed and skill shouldn't need to push those limits - couple that with the fact that you are a long standing competitor and are now also an admin should mean that you lead by example. If you need to 'take it on the chin' and submit a lap a tenth slower, then that's what you should do. Like I said, we've all done it - I gave away the win when I did it a couple of weeks back. Just getting the win shouldn't be all important - this is a friendly competition. Its not like you can even damage your handicap any more either, not that you have anywhere to be promoted to now. :sly: And no, I'm not saying this because I might beat you for the first time in a year or more.
Thanks Chris, inspiring..

I'll get back to you on this.

Left about a tenth and a half on the track (damn you inside curb on the hairpin)
You've a copy at that place, if you mean the last hairpin.

I've tried really hard to improve my time to clean that stain in the T3 but I only got frustration in my attempts, time to move on to the next TT.

Time sent with the current splits.

You've a copy at that place, if you mean the last hairpin.

I've tried really hard to improve my time to clean that stain in the T3 but I only got frustration in my attempts, time to move on to the next TT.

Time sent with the current splits.

Nope, I mean the one at the start of T2, lost about a tenth from hitting the inside curb there. Managed to get through the last corner quite clean, but again could of hit it slightly quicker, hard to judge until I see the results! 👍

I'm going to have to call you out here Wes. We've all been there with close laps... I threw one away a couple of weeks ago that was almost my magic lap because it was the absolute limit of legal. It doesn't matter that you spent half an hour going through every frame, its the half an hour that someone else will have to spend doing the same that matters. Someone of your speed and skill shouldn't need to push those limits - couple that with the fact that you are a long standing competitor and are now also an admin should mean that you lead by example. If you need to 'take it on the chin' and submit a lap a tenth slower, then that's what you should do. Like I said, we've all done it - I gave away the win when I did it a couple of weeks back. Just getting the win shouldn't be all important - this is a friendly competition. Its not like you can even damage your handicap any more either, not that you have anywhere to be promoted to now. :sly: And no, I'm not saying this because I might beat you for the first time in a year or more.

I'll have to side with you here on this one. We just had this conversation not long ago.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8362828#post8362828

Nothing against you Wes, but I too have thrown out laps that would have been hard to check.

WOW "V" your just amazing..... you wedged back into the lead ......... just amazing

Thanks mate but that might be a little premature... and amazing is quite an exaggeration. :sly: Ramon is only just getting started and I'm almost at my limit. :scared: Spud and Baron are hot on our heels too and we've yet to see what Wes has up his sleeve.

Great Job "V" but I think I already said something :)

130283d1280407519-sturgis-attendance-2010-images.jpg

Great Job "V" but I think I already said something :)
:lol: Haha thanks Lefty. 👍 I'm surprised at getting the win to be honest... but I'll save my waffle for the results thread. Here's a look at my lap for now anyway:

Back