GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 112 : Revving is Racing

• Thread starter EDK
  • 281 comments
Looks like this one is goin ta be a squeaker this week wouldn't you say so Momba?

T1: 26.072
T2: 21.638

and I took another .1 off what I thought was an un catchable 3rd sector. :)

--------------------------------- QUESTION ? ------------------------------------
If I fly up on the curb going into the tunnel and don't hit the wall as my inside tires are riding on the curb slightly above the white line (actually I'm airborne :lol:), is that still a good lap?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

No one has spoken to this issue yet so I just sit here wondering if the concrete colored curb that is not mentioned in the OP, except for a broad brush inference, is fair game?

Hope this helps.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6442783#post6442783

The decision Mitch linked to was deemed clean, but I'd say your first picture shows you not exactly "above the white line" with your rear tire, Lefty. Don't submit that unless you're sure it's clean.

To further what Lucas has posted, I can't see that being deemed clean at all Lefty, and it is in the OP:
Tarmac and Red and White Rumble Strips are Track
Concrete, Cobbles, etc. are not track surface.
That is concrete (it certainly is not Tarmac or red and white rumble strips) and I don't think the contact patch of the tire would be touching the white line at all if the car was low enough to be in contact with any other surface.

Magicified T1 there but didn't carry to T2. Seen 6es there but now with this T1 I probably won't better the time at the line. Submitted this but will keep pushing.

To further what Lucas has posted, I can't see that being deemed clean at all Lefty, and it is in the OP:

That is concrete (it certainly is not Tarmac or red and white rumble strips) and I don't think the contact patch of the tire would be touching the white line at all if the car was low enough to be in contact with any other surface.

What a drag givin the dificulty of running such a thin line that has the real obsticle just an inch to the outside that doesn't take any thinking. I never thought that the concensis would have gone against me on this one considering that it is a curb and not flat concrete and it has a freeking wall just inches to the outside of any car that slides off the curb. Oh well my next fastest lap is totally clean and it's only .02 slower.

I just wish it was clearer in the OP because I knew it wasn't a wall and I didn't think it was an object so the only way I could get slaped down was if it was concrete because I didn't hit the wall. I guess I'll submit w/ my next fastest time since I won't be able to put anymore time in on this one givin my working schedule these days and it's tax time. Good luk all, live and learn :grumpy:

I just wish it was clearer in the OP because I knew it wasn't a wall and I didn't think it was an object so the only way I could get slaped down was if it was concrete because I didn't hit the wall. I guess I'll submit w/ my next fastest time since I won't be able to put anymore time in on this one givin my working schedule these days and it's tax time. Good luk all, live and learn :grumpy:

It's actually covered in the OP

• Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At least two tires in contact with track at all times.
    • In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

Extra clarification :
If the tyre is in contact with other than specified track surface/s and that causes the tyre to climb on that surface , then it's not in contact with track surface.

Great t3, but still about 2 full tenths out there. Not getting it done!

Almost got it done! Half a tenth gone in sector three though. Will submit this and have another try tomorrow if I find a spare hour. Really nailed sector two, whole lap looks really nice when reviewing, perhaps a little too smooooooth though

Last edited:

PB in the last 2 sectors, but what an awful T1.:banghead:

I lose a huge amount of time in the 2nd sector, but I can't find out where. It's
frustrating.

Last edited:

I lose a huge amount of time in the 2nd sector, but I can't find out where. It's
frustrating.

There's a typo in your splits mate ;)

Try Chris's setup, or one of those posted in this thread? Make sure you're at 265bhp, too! This thing eats oil. Good luck 👍

Looks like this is gonna be a close one for 4th place, gonna have to give this a run later. Need to pick a set up and stick to it, I spend way too much time messing around with different settings! :P

new splits

Wow Stef, super times you are putting on the board there. Trashin' up youre division there, I think div4 will be there soon for ya. (to be honest, you already passed div5 skills long time ago ;) ) Keep up the pace mate :)

millross

Great t3, but still about 2 full tenths out there. Not getting it done!

Almost got it done! Half a tenth gone in sector three though. Will submit this and have another try tomorrow if I find a spare hour. Really nailed sector two, whole lap looks really nice when reviewing, perhaps a little too smooooooth though
Holy smokes, nice one Matt. Looks like it's time to sit down again, gonna be tough to match though.

Gonna submit with the splits on the board there i have to go working for about 22 heures sequentially. See you guys on the next one. 👍:)

Wow Stef, super times you are putting on the board there. Trashin' up youre division there, I think div4 will be there soon for ya. (to be honest, you already passed div5 skills long time ago ;) ) Keep up the pace mate :)

Hey Frank thank you 👍

I 'm trying to do my best. And i'am still at that good chair :sly:

Sorry for double posting

I think Im experiencing burn out after too many TTs, I've got zero energy to do one more session, I guess I'll submit with what I have

Afther reading all this positive comments on this combo, I could not ressist and decided to give it a late try. Bought the car and went to track, only then realising that it was the first time a was at this track in this form :confused: So you see, even after two years GT5 still has some new things up its sleeve ;)

First splits :

Well I gave it one more shot, but no luck. Have to hang all my hopes and dreams on t3.

Good luck all.

Not sure why I have my wipers on, must have been clearing some bugs.

Found some improvement, using Chris's finalized tune 👍 (like always :) )

Looks like this one is goin ta be a squeaker this week wouldn't you say so Momba?

T1: 26.072
T2: 21.638

First off all, congratulations on your suberb splits. But I wanna go back a few weeks.... remember what you said about the 'aliens' in our division 3 ? Now look where you are standing in this weeks tt, right between those 'aliens'...... :)

Just sayin' :sly:

Last edited:
I have done all I can do on this one. I really enjoyed this combo. Great track, fun car and although I read a lot " :censored:FF" comments, I quite like them. I have made a lot of changes in the last several weeks. Joined WRS (qualified with DS3), switched to G27 and turned off TC. All cold Turkey.

I have no idea where I will end up on this one but I feel like this combo helped me turn a corner (no pun intended) I spent a great deal of time on it and what I really appreciate about this combo is that I think this track has nearly all of the features that one needs to conquer in order to be "fast", and, as I am sure everyone can understand, I went faster when I dropped a few horsepower. Smoother IS faster, who knew?!.... Anyway, I look forward to checking out the top guys replays and see where the improvements lie.👍

Really great splits Cargo 👍

My new splits :

Thanks my friend. Appreciated the compliment and means alot coming from my peers. You're not bad yourself you know. Pretty sure you'll improve alot before its over. Peace.

Turning it on and turning it up. Feelin' good, feelin. real good.

Impressive!👍

some new splits for me:

left a tenth in the second, but for the rest prettyu happy with the lap. Think i'll submit with these.

Back