GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 112 : Revving is Racing

• Thread starter EDK
  • 281 comments
Impressive!👍

some new splits for me:

left a tenth in the second, but for the rest prettyu happy with the lap. Think i'll submit with these.

Thank you also. Really starting to get the hang of these FF cars. Almost on the verge of liking them, lol.

Crozzlow
I have done all I can do on this one. I really enjoyed this combo. Great track, fun car and although I read a lot " :censored:FF" comments, I quite like them. I have made a lot of changes in the last several weeks. Joined WRS (qualified with DS3), switched to G27 and turned off TC. All cold Turkey.

I have no idea where I will end up on this one but I feel like this combo helped me turn a corner (no pun intended) I spent a great deal of time on it and what I really appreciate about this combo is that I think this track has nearly all of the features that one needs to conquer in order to be "fast", and, as I am sure everyone can understand, I went faster when I dropped a few horsepower. Smoother IS faster, who knew?!.... Anyway, I look forward to checking out the top guys replays and see where the improvements lie.👍

Glad you're enjoying yourself, learning to drive without tc will definitely improve your times. Also, the aliens up top are about the fastest people you'll find anywhere, so watching their replays is definitely time well spent, unfortunately most of them are PAL replays.

Very impressive time there Mitch.

Glad you're enjoying yourself, learning to drive without tc will definitely improve your times. Also, the aliens up top are about the fastest people you'll find anywhere, so watching their replays is definitely time well spent, unfortunately most of them are PAL replays.

Very impressive time there Mitch.

Thanks Baron. Been doing alot of reading and watching replays to see how these FF cars are to be driven fast. Guess its really starting to pay off.

Thanks my friend. Appreciated the compliment and means alot coming from my peers. You're not bad yourself you know. Pretty sure you'll improve alot before its over. Peace.

Just need to stick that first sector 'on tape', seen a few times 26.3xx but then messed up in the last sector.... the differences are indeed very small, so one good lap could just do it :)

Those mods have come in handy then, Mitch ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist. Only joking of course, very impressive indeed sir! The laps you've had here have clearly made you a demon driver at it! Way above your divisional placing on those splits 👍 :cheers:

Hey Baron, if you've nailed t3 you will sail by. I'm not likely to run again and will go with what I have :) I'm just happy to be up there at the sharp end. Better firmware has made all the difference!

Matt

Guys ,I like to promote next weeks WRS_Online Race:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=280289

WRSOENew3D3.png

Presents...

Revving is Racing

An Online Race based on GT5 Week 112: Revving is Racing

GrandValleyEast_3copy_zps363c304f.jpg

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

April 17, 2013

European Time Slot

3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific / 19:00 GMT

img.php

North American Time Slot

10:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Pacific / 2:00 AM GMT

img.php

The following links will allow you to check your local times:

EU Event

NA Event

Honda Civic Type R '08 @ Grand Valley East Reverse

car_honda_civic_type_r_08.jpg
track_grand_valley_east.jpg

Stewards Notes
This is our first visit to GVE Reverse since Event 17. The staggered compounds give this FF unique handling characteristics. When combined with some suspension tuning, it can be a rude little drifter. The revs are amazing with this VTEC marvel, have a blast laying down laps.

GrandValleyEast_6copy_zps56301cdc.jpg

And for those interested and eligibil:

WRS-Titles-WRS-Academy_zpsd5f4e142.png

April 20, 2013

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=267718

millross

Sorry, couldn't resist. Only joking of course, very impressive indeed sir! The laps you've had here have clearly made you a demon driver at it! Way above your divisional placing on those splits 👍 :cheers:

Hey Baron, if you've nailed t3 you will sail by. I'm not likely to run again and will go with what I have :) I'm just happy to be up there at the sharp end. Better firmware has made all the difference!

Matt

Gonna be close, my t3 is quite good, but not perfect. Nice job this week, and last.

Finally getting that first sector in a decent lap, but then was so flabbergasted when I saw the splits that it took me a bit off my concentration on sector 2... but followed by my best last sector, this lap was still good for 0.150 improvement at the line..

Thanks Mitch for believing in me, the spirits must have heard you :)

Matt

Lol, I was wondering when someone was going to take that shot at me, its all good.👍 I think I'm going to submit the splits on the board but will keep trying to improve. Here's a pick of my car in action. Really starting to fall in love with her, lol.

GrandValleyEastcargoratt_zps266ed864.jpg

Turning it on and turning it up. Feelin' good, feelin. real good.

Nice splits Mictch your on fire this week 👍 I'm not sure why but I'm not having as much fun as you, I only need to find .09 to catch you guys :)

P.S from your pick I can tell you are using Ramon's tune :)

Nice splits Mictch your on fire this week 👍 I'm not sure why but I'm not having as much fun as you, I only need to find .09 to catch you guys :)

P.S from your pick I can tell you are using Ramon's tune :)

Not really. Its my own creation I came up with. I have wheel-borrowed tune before with good results. When I seen his tune, I was like, "what a damn copycat. lol. Aside from the RH, my tune is actually a little different. Anyways, thanks for the kind words, much appreciated.

Gotta have faith my friend, I know you can do it. 👍

Slowly getting there, found a good first sector, and an ok second sector, third sector i left 0.2 but still 0.120 improvement at the finishline 👍

Don't know if I will find a lot more improvement...

Spent hours searching for that other tenth... finally improved my laptime with anther 0.110. This might be it... as time is running out, gotta go to work in 3 hours :indiff:

Last edited:
Double checked my second best lap and it is super clean so I'm submitting and out. Good luk all 👍

Into the night >-----

picture.php

Sitting Duck :)
Peace out........................

It's taken a while, but I've finally managed to go a bit faster:

I actually managed one lap with a T2 of 21.389; too bad my T1 was poor. Combined, my best T1+T2 would put me only behind the three aliens. :irked:

EDIT - Got a better T2:

There's still another 0.17 out there.

Last edited:
Submitted with splits posted. I may have set a record in sector 3 which will be hard to beat. Hitting the rev limiter a record three times in one sector, yet somehow still managed to stay ahead of the ghost car. Sigh .... :grumpy:

Been chasing different ghosts quit some time now. Always ending very close, but no sigar :banghead: Only able to improve my laptime with a few thousands. Submitted my best lap. Quit enjoyed this combo, seems to become a habbit when were on GVS :)

Now looking forward to get in one of the most exciting cars from the sixties..

Mitch is just too fast for me this week! :eek: That target you painted on yourself did help though. :sly: Submitted as on the board and off to find me a Toyota. Good luck to everyone!

Mitch is just too fast for me this week! :eek: That target you painted on yourself did help though. :sly: Submitted as on the board and off to find me a Toyota. Good luck to everyone!

Yeah, Mitch is defenitly under 'out of space' influence. 👍

Yeah, Mitch is defenitly under 'out of space' influence. 👍

Thanks guys, appreciate the compliments. I can only imagine the number of views my replay is going to have this week, :lol: Every damn cop in "Mayberry" is going to want to have a look. :lol:

New splits:

My fastest T1 yet :)

Don't think my current lap is going to challenge for 4th though, my T3 wasn't that great.

EDIT:

Slightly faster in T3. Wow, I'm pretty pleased with this T1, but annoyed about messing up T2.

Last edited:
Final run:
T1: 25.722
T2: 21.385

I spent half an hour checking and I think I went through every single frame. It's really close though.:ill:
I don't want to throw away a lap that is almost a tenth faster than my next best, not a clean one that is. Especially not because it's misjudgement rather than exploring the boundaries. I will post pictures in the results thread.

Good luck everyone.:cheers:

Final run:
T1: 25.722
T2: 21.385

I spent half an hour checking and I think I went through every single frame. It's really close though.:ill:
I don't want to throw away a lap that is almost a tenth faster than my next best, not a clean one that is. Especially not because it's misjudgement rather than exploring the boundaries. I will post pictures in the results thread.

Good luck everyone.:cheers:
I'm going to have to call you out here Wes. We've all been there with close laps... I threw one away a couple of weeks ago that was almost my magic lap because it was the absolute limit of legal. It doesn't matter that you spent half an hour going through every frame, its the half an hour that someone else will have to spend doing the same that matters. Someone of your speed and skill shouldn't need to push those limits - couple that with the fact that you are a long standing competitor and are now also an admin should mean that you lead by example. If you need to 'take it on the chin' and submit a lap a tenth slower, then that's what you should do. Like I said, we've all done it - I gave away the win when I did it a couple of weeks back. Just getting the win shouldn't be all important - this is a friendly competition. Its not like you can even damage your handicap any more either, not that you have anywhere to be promoted to now. :sly: And no, I'm not saying this because I might beat you for the first time in a year or more.

Latest Posts

Back