GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 113 : You Only Live Twice

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 189 comments
First Sector is up the creek but the rest of the lap is ok.

Yeah definitely give it a try, I'm way out of whack with a pad these days but it was really easy to drive and suits the track.

From my experience on the pad, tuned combo's are actually more beneficial. The main place that wheel users are better at then the pad is hairpins/slow corners, as the pad just can't get the same lock as the wheel. But with tuning, you can play around with the settings to make the car have more oversteer, which will then put you on more of an even playing field as the wheel.

Ok so, 1st attempt without setup:

I know Viper84 as a DS3 driver, that would be awesome if you share your tune bro (if you plan to run this TT) 👍

Short testrun after oilchange and parts added. Not yet my best friend ;)

Bob just running Indy500, lets see what happened after 300km.

Last stint for today.

Last edited:
Such a classy car. That interior is a nice pic, Alan. I wonder if anyone makes a kit car of this baby? I've been drooling over the Factory Five offerings lately but I wouldn't mind putting this in my garage.

Very basic tune on it while it's going through break in. Loosened up the LSD a bit, stiffened the suspension a bit and took some toe off the rear. Car feels great and the track isn't bad either. Gonna be a fun week! :dopey:

Well, well, well, what have we here? I can't even drive in the dark in real life and now you want me to do it in a video game, :lol: Going to have to find me some of those ultra halogen hi-beams along with some other of those "secret" parts. :lol: Maybe I can get B-Spec Bob to drive for me this week. 💡 Only kidding guys, my secret is safe with Barney Fife.....right Barney?:sly::lol::D

Alright, lets get ready to rumblllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllle!!!!!!!

That's awesome Alan. 👍 Did you get your chrome edition ok by the way?

Yes Sir! Thank you very much 👍 One thing, it gave me a Pegasus White paint chip because I don't have the DLC paint (although the car was Japanese chrome)...interesting ;)

Yes that dedicated site was incredibly detailed. The guy's an owner but his knowledge of the development process was fantastic. Yamaha were master coach-builders of the day (they made pianos and motorbikes etc) and they did the design work, apparently designing the Nissan 2000GT (the A550X) and the Toyota 2000GT simultaneously.
www.2000gt.net
Thus a Honda Sports , a Lotus Elan , an MGB , a Triumph TR2 , a Porsche 911 and Jaguar E were dissected and analyzed by Kawano and his team.
Nissan 2000GT:
picture.php

...Very basic tune on it while it's going through break in...

If you bought it in the OCD it's already broken in! 👍

Off topic: What the hell just happened in Boston?

Last edited:
Yes Sir! Thank you very much 👍 One thing, it gave me a Pegasus White paint chip because I don't have the DLC paint (although the car was Japanese chrome)...interesting ;)

Yes that dedicated site was incredibly detailed. The guy's an owner but his knowledge of the development process was fantastic. Yamaha were master coach-builders of the day (they made pianos and motorbikes etc) and they did the design work, apparently designing the Nissan 2000GT (the A550X) and the Toyota 2000GT simultaneously.

Nissan 2000GT:
picture.php

If you bought it in the OCD it's already broken in! 👍

Off topic: What the hell just happened in Boston?
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/16/us/explosions-reported-at-site-of-boston-marathon.html?_r=0

First 30 mins with wheel.

Another hour ..bloomin' tough to improve now...

Few tenths left. Turn 3 and hairpin are bloody impossible. Need a better setup!

Last edited:
Congratulations on becoming a GTP Celebrity 👍 :dunce:

:lol:

Has anybody got a tune to post this week? Its been so long since I have tuned in GT5... I think the updates have changed things around on me.

Chris, what was that week we ran the Clubman track in the 206? I might try to find your video of that, if memory serves well you had a blistering T1 that week.

Has anybody got a tune to post this week? Its been so long since I have tuned in GT5... I think the updates have changed things around on me.
Still working on a setup using the one at the end of my 2000GT vid as a starting point but with a closer ratio gearbox.
Chris, what was that week we ran the Clubman track in the 206? I might try to find your video of that, if memory serves well you had a blistering T1 that week.
Oh yeah, it was Week 74... and I had the Red 1st Sector that week, well remembered Dion. :cheers: Here's the vid:

Although its an FF car, the line is the same and technique similar. I'll do a 1st sector vid for this week anyway when I get time. :)

By the way Dion mate... are you on a mission from god? :D

Wow, after giving this track a real hard shake down, I'm going to need more than hacked parts, :lol: Maybe some devine intervention or something. This is going to take some work just to keep up with my division this week. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

This is fun, cool car too. Thanks to Vagabond for the vid and setup too. I used it morphed with a Praiano tune. Starting to get the hang of it...Is it just me or does it feel a bit mellow driving around in a city at night? Like everyone is sleeping but me..

I am respectfully bowing out of this one. I am called away for work and will not be home until Sunday. Good Luck WRS'ers!

Last edited:
Tried Chris's tune and it just didn't work for me. That's pretty unusual as his tunes and I usually get along very well. I think it may have something to do with the tune really being for a car with much more power than we have here.

At any rate, cobbled my own tune together, which is strange because I really don't know what I am doing when it comes to tuning, using what I thought would be something Chris would put together and came up with these splits.

Personal best T1 and T3. Still leaving a lot in the T2 to T3 transition though.

I know I left a good 3 tenths out there, but kept blowing it coming through the chicane towards the end.:yuck:

New Splits:

The car looks fun this week, never really driven this track before though so could take a while to get it down, will give it a go after work. I have like 3k credits on my GTP account, what's the quickest way I can make like 200-300k so I can get running it ASAP?

1 of the supercar nostalgia seasonal races with 20pp under the limit and you'll have more than enough, sure someone could gift one too ;)

The car looks fun this week, never really driven this track before though so could take a while to get it down, will give it a go after work. I have like 3k credits on my GTP account, what's the quickest way I can make like 200-300k so I can get running it ASAP?

Run a quick seasonal that you already have a car for. NASCAR on Monza takes about 12 minutes.

First 10 laps...

Been under 38 in T1 a couple of times so hopefully I'll be running mid D2 pack times soon enough

:cheers:

Slightly off-topic but felt its the best place to ask...

Last week I swapped from a DFP to a G27 and I'm finding it harder to feel oversteer and understeer through the wheel... Its not going "light" enough on the understeer and similar with the oversteer.

Did anyone else notice similar things? I have FFB cranked right upto 10 (always liked a lot of FFB) and while it helps a bit I just havn't got the exact feeling down yet.

Need a bit of time to adapt?

Last edited:
Back