GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 113 : You Only Live Twice

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 189 comments
Slightly off-topic but felt its the best place to ask...

Last week I swapped from a DFP to a G27 and I'm finding it harder to feel oversteer and understeer through the wheel... Its not going "light" enough on the understeer and similar with the oversteer.

Did anyone else notice similar things? I have FFB cranked right upto 10 (always liked a lot of FFB) and while it helps a bit I just havn't got the exact feeling down yet.

Need a bit of time to adapt?

I don't know a lot about wheels, but have you got power steering turned on?

I'm only at 167 hp w/ the one that I had in my stable. Do I need to buy a newesd one from the Online Dealer inorder to get it up to 178? The thing was untouched when I started. The online dealer says that I alread have one so it thinks their the same :dunce:

The car is too difficult for me i guess, could not get some good corners without drifting too much, its too unstable for me i think or my feet are not sensible enough. ;)
The praiiano tuning fits not good for me, the video of Chris is not viewable in Germany, so i use the tune which was linked on the first page of this thread.

Second video of Chris was viewable and helped to find some time in T1, thanks.

Working now with TCS1 and ABS 10 to keep it balanced.

Funny is the relatively clear division seperation in the leaderboard, seems to prove that the car seperate the fast guys. ;)

Slightly off-topic but felt its the best place to ask...

Last week I swapped from a DFP to a G27 and I'm finding it harder to feel oversteer and understeer through the wheel... Its not going "light" enough on the understeer and similar with the oversteer.

Did anyone else notice similar things? I have FFB cranked right upto 10 (always liked a lot of FFB) and while it helps a bit I just havn't got the exact feeling down yet.

Need a bit of time to adapt?

I run the G27 on Simulation, PAS off an FFB at 10. I havent had any other other wheel other than the G25 and G27 so not sureo f the difference, im guessing it will just take abit of time to adjust to the new wheel.

I run the G27 on Simulation, PAS off an FFB at 10. I havent had any other other wheel other than the G25 and G27 so not sureo f the difference, im guessing it will just take abit of time to adjust to the new wheel.

You do know that the simulation mode along with the other two modes don't do anything for your wheel, right? Those modes only work with the wheels that are highlighted when that option is selected. Says so in the scrolling menu also.

I'm only at 167 hp w/ the one that I had in my stable. Do I need to buy a newesd one from the Online Dealer inorder to get it up to 178? The thing was untouched when I started. The online dealer says that I alread have one so it thinks their the same :dunce:

Yes, buy the one from the OCD 👍. I had one in my stable and used it only to find that it wouldn't come up to 178 but the one from the OCD is fine with an oil change.

Yes, buy the one from the OCD 👍. I had one in my stable and used it only to find that it wouldn't come up to 178 but the one from the OCD is fine with an oil change.

Or use a restoration ticket. I'll check carefully later but I think that removes all parts like weight reduction and engine stages, and that resets the car at 0mi if I remember correctly.

Ok guys, I absolutely suck here. I seem to have hit an early wall am
nd can't get any farther. I just can't wrap my arms around this track for some reason. I am really sucking hined tit here and really could use some advice. It feels like I'm going fast, but the time says differently. I'm good up until that big first curve, after that, its all a down hill slide. HELP

My first tt for a while, great fun :)

Really like the car choice - even stock it feels like you can throw it at the corners and try and manage throttle to make it round.

Had a few laps last night but was still a bit rusty. Having another go at it now, thought id get something on the board,

T1 37.790
T2 27.882

Awful third sector though, but this was the first time I made a sub 1'06 and just kept ahead of my ghost.

.....HELP
I'll be doing a first sector vid hopefully tomorrow, Mitch, if that helps at all. And I'll try to put together a blow by blow lap guide thingy - I'm not great at explaining sometimes (I don't think - hence the videos :sly:) but I'll mash something up. Its a high-speed dare-devil do-or-die affair round this track but you have to keep it smooth with this baby or she'll just bugger off sideways. :mischievous: Hopefully I'll have a proper workable setup later too but I'm having a busy couple of days and am a bit pushed for time.

Fun event, Im quite liking the car :) ever since I saw the James Bond 50th Top Gear Special, I've wanted to drive it, however it the TT comes on a very busy week for me. Hopefully I get some time to put together a decent attempt at this.

I'll be doing a first sector vid hopefully tomorrow, Mitch, if that helps at all. And I'll try to put together a blow by blow lap guide thingy - I'm not great at explaining sometimes (I don't think - hence the videos :sly:) but I'll mash something up. Its a high-speed dare-devil do-or-die affair round this track but you have to keep it smooth with this baby or she'll just bugger off sideways. :mischievous: Hopefully I'll have a proper workable setup later too but I'm having a busy couple of days and am a bit pushed for time.

Ok, that would be very much appreciated. I don't mind the car at all, its just the track. It looks easy enough but looks can be decieving I guess. Never really had this much trouble figuring out a track as I am this one. Hell, I even find it somewhat of a fun track, just can't figure out the best way around it. Anyway, thanks for volunteering your help, your effort and time are greatly appreciated. Thanks friend.

If I can be so bold Chris.
I really liked the setup you had on the car you sent me. I tried the one on the video too, but the car's was better (for me). I'll post it here for Mitch and you can comment/adjust it when you have time.

Chris's 2000GT tune Mk. 2

RH -25 -25
SR 12.0 12.0
DE 9 9
DC 7 7
ARB 7 7
CA 2.0 2.0
TA 0.00 0.00

LSD 10 50 50
BB 6 3

180 kmh (max left)

Last edited:
Hey Allan, this TT is using the Toyota 2000 not the Back to the Future Delorean!:lol:

Seriously, I was almost that fast... then I woke up!

Something in your last post really messed up the leader board!

No really, uh...never mind.

Ouch! Sorry 'bout that ;). A minute faster than Twissy eh? Thanks for the heads up.

Quoting didn't seem to help....I think Fetchy got blown away by that...a rough calculation considering the first 2 sectors to be about 2.6 km gives about 2165.5 kmh - about Mach 1.8. Quite a tune you gave me Chris!

Edit: took away some decimals...hope it helps.

Edit: didn't help....took away some spaces too.

Last edited:
Quoting didn't seem to help....I think Fetchy got blown away by that...a rough calculation considering the first 2 sectors to be about 2.6 km gives about 2165.5 kmh - about Mach 1.8. Quite a tune you gave me Chris!

Edit: took away some decimals...hope it helps.

Edit: didn't help....took away some spaces too.

And people thought they were going to have to watch me for hybridding, :lol: I think you found that magic something that I couldn't even find. :sly:

Amazing Alan... I had no idea it was that good! :P Seriously though, I don't mind you posting it obviously but I didn't think it was a great setup for this track - it was designed to do La Sarthe with 280bhp originally and all I did was change the gears. Oh and if you re-post your splits, that should cheer Fetchy up. 👍

This is where I'm at now setup-wise:

picture.php

And here's the 1st sector a la me (37.216):

Lit up the front tyres and slid wide in the tunnel which lost me a tenth but otherwise not too bad. I'll do the walkthrough tomorrow probably - its been a long day and I just want to do a few more laps before I turn in.

Great splits by the way James lad. 👍 New splits for me too:

Back